Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (24 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So will the teams rotate in Super League?

- - - Updated - - -

The so-called founders, who would include the seven clubs named above [AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester United ] along with Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Paris St-Germain, would not face relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46078651

Meh, this will get boring somewhen.

I would miss games against hated Napoli, Fiorentina or de Turin derby.
Would be hilarious to watch milan trying to play in that league tho :lol3:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So will the teams rotate in Super League?

- - - Updated - - -

The so-called founders, who would include the seven clubs named above [AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester United ] along with Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Paris St-Germain, would not face relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46078651

Meh, this will get boring somewhen.

I would miss games against hated Napoli, Fiorentina or de Turin derby.
TBH I just can't bring myself to care about those mickey mouse clubs like Napoli, Roma, Genoa. They're below us.

But we must play Samp as long as Ferrero runs the club. Can't live without that man in my life

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
i love how no one gives a fuck that there is no inter though :baus:
But if we're honest, Inter would have to be there.

Which raises the question: pick your 20 for the Super League.

Mine would be like:

1. Juventus
2. Milan
3. Inter
4. Roma
5. Real
6. Barca
7. Atletico
8. Valencia
9. MU
10. Liverpool
11. Arsenal
12. Bayern
13. Dortmund
14. Porto
15. Benfica
16. Ajax
17. PSV
18. PSG
19. Marseille
20. New team every season.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
An European Superleague is generally a great idea, but there has to be drawn a ballance between the profit side of things (the mega money, mega attention, mega adverts, mega everything etc.) and pure football stuff so there is even just a little sense of fairness, fairplay and intrigue and looks less than a 100% the way it actually is - the richest clubs sat on a table and decided they can get way more richer so they created a separate league only for them... :D That`s a hard, a very hard task, but hypothetically it can be done.

For example the big countries with the big clubs there should have a certain quota - England, Spain, Italy, Germany - between 3 and 4, but lets say 3 because overall we need a League of 20 teams and it would be more interesting if there are participants from more countries, not just the top 4 teams from top 5 countries, so:

England - 3
Spain - 3
Italy - 3
Germany - 3
France - 2
Holland - 2
Portugal - 2

Thats 18 quotas for 18 clubs, and with the remaining 2 places there is so much that can be done - for example - the winner of the most prestigious tournament after the SuperLeague - (if the SuperLeague is the new Champions League then the winner of the new Europa League) - gets a place for the next SuperLeague season or even better, qualifies for a play-off for a place in the SuperLeague agains the second last placed team in SL. The last spot can be a UEFA wild card, some fairplay bullshit or whatever, but there has to be a certain criteria for an outside club to join the league - economically/finanically stable clubs with an European pedigree from a country outside of the 7 countries with fixed quotas, OR a wild card to honour past CL winners that are not already in the SuperLeague (which are basically Celtic, Steaua and Red Star Belgrade, along with non-elite teams like Nottingham Forrest, Aston Villa and Hamburger). Either way that team enters the league in place of the 20th placed club in SL.

What makes a league interesting is that it has to be a winner at the end and there has to be teams relegated from it. To be more interesting after the end of the regular season there can be play-offs for the title, starting with 1/4-finals, with the club finishing the regular season at number 1 qualifying automatically for the 1/2-finals with the home advantage in second-leg, meaning there will be only 3 quarterfinals (teams finishing between 2nd and 7th place), with either a draw or simply - second placed gets 7th placed team, 3rd placed gets 6th placed and 4th gets 5th placed team...

Even more interesting would be if the clubs with quotas not only play for themselves, but also for their country - the winner gets a point for his country, collecting a certain number of country points could lead to winning another quota for the said country, at the expense of a country collected a number of negative points, given when their clubs finish on 19th and 20th place. Also, a country cannot lose more than 1 of its quotes for an upcoming season, meaning if Ajax and PSV finish on 19th and 20th place they cannot exit the SL at the expense of two non-Holland clubs (either 19th placed Ajax saves its place and 20th plays vs the ChampionsLeague/Europa League winner, or Ajax plays the CL/EL winner and PSV plays the winner of Eredivisie, so no UEFA wild card team in this case) :D

Also, with the 18 best clubs from the 7 countries out of their domestic leagues something has to be done in order for these championship to have some meaning - for example the last placed team from a country gets to play a play-off to remain in the SuperLeague against the winner of their domestic championship - if Milan finishes behind Juventus and merda, in order to stay in the SuperLeague they have to beat the Serie A champions Napoli and their 43y old captain/playing manager Hamsik, and etc...

Engineering a similar format with a possible scenario that almost half of the teams in the SuperLeague can lose their place for the upcoming season would basically make every game important and every point precious, also will not weaken the top leagues by that much - yes, the biggest clubs wont be there, but the second biggest clubs will take their place and still try to build a solid team and attack a SuperLeague spot...

PS.: Woow, thats one hell of a productive day at the office for me, I cant even remember what I was doing before coming to the AA`s bread... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Mine would be like:

1. Juventus
2. Milan
3. Inter
4. Roma
5. Real
6. Barca
7. Atletico
8. Valencia
9. MU
10. Liverpool
11. Arsenal
12. Bayern
13. Dortmund
14. Porto
15. Benfica
16. Ajax
17. PSV
18. PSG
19. Marseille
I'd have 90 teams divided across 5 divisions, with promotion and relegation every season. Your UEFA Coefficient points determine where you begin.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Mine would be like:

1. Juventus
2. Napoli
3. Lazio
4. Roma
5. Real
6. Barca
7. Atletico
8. Valencia
9. MU
10. Liverpool
11. Arsenal
12. Bayern
13. Dortmund
14. Porto
15. Benfica
16. Ajax
17. PSV
18. PSG
19. Marseille

fixed it for ya

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri recap #BolognaJuve
- Kean & Spinazzola could start
- De Sciglio plays on the right
- Bonucci plays, not sure on Pjanic
- Ronaldo is calm, no talk on his private life. He will play tomorrow
- Don't need any January signings
- Cancelo back for Supercoppa

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
An European Superleague is generally a great idea, but there has to be drawn a ballance between the profit side of things (the mega money, mega attention, mega adverts, mega everything etc.) and pure football stuff so there is even just a little sense of fairness, fairplay and intrigue and looks less than a 100% the way it actually is - the richest clubs sat on a table and decided they can get way more richer so they created a separate league only for them... :D That`s a hard, a very hard task, but hypothetically it can be done.

For example the big countries with the big clubs there should have a certain quota - England, Spain, Italy, Germany - between 3 and 4, but lets say 3 because overall we need a League of 20 teams and it would be more interesting if there are participants from more countries, not just the top 4 teams from top 5 countries, so:

England - 3
Spain - 3
Italy - 3
Germany - 3
France - 2
Holland - 2
Portugal - 2

Thats 18 quotas for 18 clubs, and with the remaining 2 places there is so much that can be done - for example - the winner of the most prestigious tournament after the SuperLeague - (if the SuperLeague is the new Champions League then the winner of the new Europa League) - gets a place for the next SuperLeague season or even better, qualifies for a play-off for a place in the SuperLeague agains the second last placed team in SL. The last spot can be a UEFA wild card, some fairplay bullshit or whatever, but there has to be a certain criteria for an outside club to join the league - economically/finanically stable clubs with an European pedigree from a country outside of the 7 countries with fixed quotas, OR a wild card to honour past CL winners that are not already in the SuperLeague (which are basically Celtic, Steaua and Red Star Belgrade, along with non-elite teams like Nottingham Forrest, Aston Villa and Hamburger). Either way that team enters the league in place of the 20th placed club in SL.

What makes a league interesting is that it has to be a winner at the end and there has to be teams relegated from it. To be more interesting after the end of the regular season there can be play-offs for the title, starting with 1/4-finals, with the club finishing the regular season at number 1 qualifying automatically for the 1/2-finals with the home advantage in second-leg, meaning there will be only 3 quarterfinals (teams finishing between 2nd and 7th place), with either a draw or simply - second placed gets 7th placed team, 3rd placed gets 6th placed and 4th gets 5th placed team...

Even more interesting would be if the clubs with quotas not only play for themselves, but also for their country - the winner gets a point for his country, collecting a certain number of country points could lead to winning another quota for the said country, at the expense of a country collected a number of negative points, given when their clubs finish on 19th and 20th place. Also, a country cannot lose more than 1 of its quotes for an upcoming season, meaning if Ajax and PSV finish on 19th and 20th place they cannot exit the SL at the expense of two non-Holland clubs (either 19th placed Ajax saves its place and 20th plays vs the ChampionsLeague/Europa League winner, or Ajax plays the CL/EL winner and PSV plays the winner of Eredivisie, so no UEFA wild card team in this case) :D

Also, with the 18 best clubs from the 7 countries out of their domestic leagues something has to be done in order for these championship to have some meaning - for example the last placed team from a country gets to play a play-off to remain in the SuperLeague against the winner of their domestic championship - if Milan finishes behind Juventus and merda, in order to stay in the SuperLeague they have to beat the Serie A champions Napoli and their 43y old captain/playing manager Hamsik, and etc...

Engineering a similar format with a possible scenario that almost half of the teams in the SuperLeague can lose their place for the upcoming season would basically make every game important and every point precious, also will not weaken the top leagues by that much - yes, the biggest clubs wont be there, but the second biggest clubs will take their place and still try to build a solid team and attack a SuperLeague spot...

PS.: Woow, thats one hell of a productive day at the office for me, I cant even remember what I was doing before coming to the AA`s bread... :lol::lol::lol:
It's an interesting perspective but you seem to not understand that the SuperLeague would have nothing to do with UEFA anymore if this ever happens. The whole idea of starting this competition is to have big matches every week, get paid much more than teams do now and be independent from the association like UEFA. In other words, keeping all money to themselves. The creation of this new competition simply means there would be no possible competing with the rest of teams that are not in the Superleague.

However, all these talks by chairmans of big teams like Juve or Bayern only look like some kind of treats for now. They want to reshape European competitions by having more matches which going to happen sooner or later, otherwise that idea of the SuperLeague will always be brought to the surface.

It's more than obvious that without biggest teams UEFA would be literally fucked so they have to do what they're being asked to do.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
It's an interesting perspective but you seem to not understand that the SuperLeague would have nothing to do with UEFA anymore if this ever happens.
I get the idea, I just dont think it is possible to do something like that without UEFA. Their involvement in such project is key as without UEFA being part of it the clubs will face countless obstacles of literally any kind - if an indipendent SuperLeague is created, not only those clubs will not be competing with the rest, UEFA would have no reason to allow players from the SuperLeague to represent their national teams in UEFA and FIFA competitions, like you said they would be literally fucked so it wont be a surprise if/when they strike back. The governing body would change their laws and rules however they like, what if they forbid clubs under UEFA to do any kind of deals with SuperLeague teams, meaning no transfers, no loans, no nothing? It goes without saying that the SuperLeague teams would have to use referees for their games that are not licensed under UEFA, as UEFA will not send them to officiate their games, AFC wont send asian referees too, CONCACAF wont send North American referees also, same goes for CONMEBOL and CAF, while that may not seem like a huuuge problem, it is still an important issue as games cannot be played without referees, and so on, and so on.

The main point is that even if the biggest clubs use that project to achieve a goal today, tomorrow they can all sit at the table, negotiate and decide for a solution that would benefit each and every one of them, bringing billions of cashflow in the meantime. I dont see how the two sides would go against each other when/if the time comes and effectively start a war, because when billions of dollars are at stake a war is unavoidable and during war there are no rules, and sadly the ones that will suffer the consequences the most wont be the filthy rich owners and the corrupted associations...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)