Ancelotti opens door to Del Piero (5 Viewers)

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

This time I agree with u, most of the ppl left out these 2 points
1. DP played as a right winger
2. DP only plays in the 2nd half
These two point don't matter because:

1. Del Piero was all over the field. It didn't matter if Cappello replaced Camo with him, he played the field left, right and center.
2. The 2nd half meant that a FRESH Del Boy was playing against a TIRED Inter defense. So how is that bad again?

You really can't comment on how he played unless YOU actually SAW the game. I love Del Boy like I love my aunt, but my aunt is ugly and if she tried to be a model, I would tell her to quit while she's ahead. I think that's what Del boy should do (not the whole model thing, I means the quit thing). Trust me on this: he looked like a two pegged pirate trying to control the ball. Just imagine that for a second...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++

Sorry, can't really agree on that. When he was needed the most, at the end of last season he stepped forward and shined. When it really mattered. Also in World Cup 2002, he was benched all the time, never played then suddenly when all hope was gone, Stupid Trapattoni let DP in and he scored a crucial goal for Italia.
You conveniently forget the biggest night of them all: Euro 2000 finals with those two crucial Dp misses. And of course the Champions League final at Old Trafford. There's two good instances. I'm not singling him out for criticism for the pre-season mind you, but I think overall, when you look at his career in perspective, I'd have to say he's had a fair number of chances to prove himself. At times he justified his position in the team, at other times he hasnt. All said and done, however, even as a Del Piero fan , the fact remains that he is more expendable now, than he has ever been.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Its funny how people generalize opinions and judgements about team and players based in a pre-season game.

But concerning the conflict Capello- Delpiero, it seems that the arguments are like this:

1.- Capello says: "DP is not my first option for forwards in the 4-4-2"

2.- Capello says: "DP is not a trequartista, then he cannot play behind the strikers"

3- Capello says. " I will try to accomadate a trident formation for using it with Mutu,as a second choice. "

At the end, he will probably stick the whole season with a 4-4-2 that will need ( considering injuries, lack of form, international games abseentes, quantity of games) a rotation of the whole staff of forwards to barely keep it up.....

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

1. Del Piero was all over the field. It didn't matter if Cappello replaced Camo with him, he played the field left, right and center.
2. The 2nd half meant that a FRESH Del Boy was playing against a TIRED Inter defense. So how is that bad again?

You really can't comment on how he played unless YOU actually SAW the game. I love Del Boy like I love my aunt, but my aunt is ugly and if she tried to be a model, I would tell her to quit while she's ahead. I think that's what Del boy should do (not the whole model thing, I means the quit thing). Trust me on this: he looked like a two pegged pirate trying to control the ball. Just imagine that for a second...
I agree, when DP stepped on to the field, Juve played a notch down, every time we tried going right it go bad. It was simple, DP just looked out of sorts, like a serie B or serie C player. He constantly lost control over the ball eventhough there was no pressure, he constantly played bad passes. He was just terrible yesterday.

I would be surprised if Milan actually wanted him, thats a real joke with Vieri Gila Scheva on the team.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

I agree, when DP stepped on to the field, Juve played a notch down, every time we tried going right it go bad. It was simple, DP just looked out of sorts, like a serie B or serie C player. He constantly lost control over the ball eventhough there was no pressure, he constantly played bad passes. He was just terrible yesterday.

I would be surprised if Milan actually wanted him, thats a real joke with Vieri Gila Scheva on the team.
I agree too!!!

DP has been really disappointing in Super Cup and for many seasons already~~ We have heard him saying, "I will be back!" for at least 3 seasons or maybe more, but it never really happened!! Well, maybe he has some good passes and nice shots, but compares to his blunters and possession lose, the ratio is as bad as 1:9!!!

No one, except Juve management, knows how many shirts he helps us to sell or how much side revenue he can bring in, but from sporting point of view, he deserves to be benched or even sold, as he is with the one of the biggest club in the world!! Juve is not a charity organisation, we are really demanding on our players, coach and staff!!

If the price is right, let's get rid of him and find a new icon and start a new Juve era asap!

For the good of DP (play regular first team football) and the good of the club and fans (less arguments among ourselves at least), DP please leave!!

But DON'T sell him to our arch rival AC Milan!!! It will be a joke for the Milan fans to laugh at us!!

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
It would perhaps be better for Juve and him if he goes. I think Capello never liked Del Piero and as long as he is our coach he won`t play often.
Although I can`t imagine Alessandro wearing another shirt than the juve shirt it may be better for him to leave. I think his best days are over and we will perhaps never see the old Del Piero again.
It somehow makes me sad if I think of how much fun it was watching Del Piero when he had his best years.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

It is so easy to blast DP juz becos of the chances he missed. And yea they r crucial mistakes, but to accuse DP alone for the whole game seems so unfair. DP isn't the same player as b4 I admit, I have even lowered my standards for him, but to scold him juz like that @ times seems to be overreacting. Since u know very well that DP has the tendency to choke in big games, might as well cut him some slack.

And I don't see the same reponse about Trez + Zebina too. Trez is almost invisible every game and always only do 1 thing, to score goals. If he is committed, he could have even score more. Some of Zebina's errors have caused us too, I wouldn't rely on him for 90 minutes though.

In case ur wondering if I'm really defending DP, the answer is no. I'm sick of all these arguments.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

It is so easy to blast DP juz becos of the chances he missed. And yea they r crucial mistakes, but to accuse DP alone for the whole game seems so unfair. DP isn't the same player as b4 I admit, I have even lowered my standards for him, but to scold him juz like that @ times seems to be overreacting. Since u know very well that DP has the tendency to choke in big games, might as well cut him some slack.

And I don't see the same reponse about Trez + Zebina too. Trez is almost invisible every game and always only do 1 thing, to score goals. If he is committed, he could have even score more. Some of Zebina's errors have caused us too, I wouldn't rely on him for 90 minutes though.

In case ur wondering if I'm really defending DP, the answer is no. I'm sick of all these arguments.

Well, if Trez and Zebina have the same status as DP, surely there would be much more arguments! But in fact, it is not!

DP is positioned as the icon of Juventus, which his importance is also reflected in his salary bill!!! It is FAIR to expect more from him than other players!!! If an employee is paid for such a high salary, s/he is REQUIRED to perform, no choice! Otherwise, s/he should be fired!

Because we expect, therefore we disappoint. I don't expect much from Chimenti, therefore, I am not too angry about his Super Cup mistake.

A player should treasure the second chance he earned to revive and Juve are generous enough to give him so MANY chances and now he should act like professional and save us some money, cos Juve needs to start a new chapter.

To some extend, DP is evolving from an icon to a joke of Juventus. I started to defend him since Euro 2000. However, I find it more and more difficult to defend him against the AC Milan fans now, maybe it is becos DP never show us the "evidence". I am really tired of it and he better leaves before the situation turns worse....

I won't mind DP staying only if he performs as good as the old days. Otherwise, please leave!!

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Del Piero should move away from Italia....IMO
and he should quit azzurri just in case sth bad happen to Italia and he is the scapegoat again...
anyway, bout the shirts saling thing...yeah, Ronaldo n Ronaldiho sell more shirts than DP but definitely not as much as Beckham and Beckham has achieved far lesser than both of them(in term of international awards...etc. world player of the yr, world cup..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)