Americans too stupid for cricket? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You still don't get it Oh Savior, take your "support" and shove it up yours. Capice?

Now stop the political nonsense and stop getting so emotional about it. I have nothing against American people; majority of my friends here are American.

Now if everyone will back off, I'd appreciate it. It's not my fault you didn't get the purpose of the article.
maybe i didnt get the purpose of this thread?! if you were saying something good about america which i find that hard to believe then i am sorry but i didnt see that.
The purpose of your thread was to somehow prove that the people in your country are smarter then americans because they like cricket?:tdown:
i dont understand cricket because ive never watched it, so how does that make me dumb??? soccer is a simpler game, so are trying to say cricket fans are superior to soccer fans????

Jan 7, 2004
first of all this whole mess was started by people who refuse to read past the sensaniolized (sp) title. if you only read further you will realize that "stupidity" is nothing but "willful ignorance"

Jan 7, 2004
maybe i didnt get the purpose of this thread?! if you were saying something good about america which i find that hard to believe then i am sorry but i didnt see that.
The purpose of your thread was to somehow prove that the people in your country are smarter then americans because they like cricket?:tdown:
i dont understand cricket because ive never watched it, so how does that make me dumb??? soccer is a simpler game, so are trying to say cricket fans are superior to soccer fans????

willfull ignorance for a boring game.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I've watched cricket several times, along with somone from India, and to be honest I would rather do homework than sit through that nonsense.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
My point was that 18 billion as a figure is dwarfed by the anguish American wars created. It's like killing a person and then showing up in his/her funeral.
well how can you blame someobody like me or other american citizens??? dude every country pleads for americas help when they are in trouble then when we help they tell us to leave, believe me i dont think that foreign aid is an excsuse for war but i think that security for our country is. Name one country that doesnt put its own agenda ahead of helping others because gahndiland doesnt exist. I have no choice of wether my country goes to war so how does that make me ignorant? i wish the soldiers were still safe here in america.

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #68
    What does intelligence have to do with accepting cricket? You can be a fucking retard in Pakistan and love cricket, does that mean he is more intelligent than a scientist for MIT? It has everything to do with GDP as money is directly correlated to people who happen to be intelligent and know how to manipulate market structures. Bill Gates and Andrew Fastow are Americans but yeah, theyre complete idiots and have no idea how to follow cricket. Makes a lot of sense.
    I didn't write the article, so back off me. You got concerns, write the author.
    This is Andy and I have played football since I was four, you cockmonger. That is probably a younger age than you played the sport, so if we're following your inane logic I have a greater football sense than you just because I "accepted" the sport at an earlier age.
    No shit it's you :D

lol, how do you figure you've been supporting football longer than I have? Besides, when I said that "you've been ignorant to soccer" I wans referring to you specifically, I was referring to the U.S. as a whole through out it's history.

I mean seriously, one could make as many arguments as they'd like, but stating Americans are too stupid for cricket is just more nonsense on the behalf of journals from other countries.
    Again, if you have a problem with the article, take it up with the author, who apparently considers himself an American...but maybe because he has a bit too many shades of brown to be considered one to you.

PS - Cricket is shit.
    That's fine dude, no one said you had to like it.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #70
    delpiero06, you messed up the quoting system, go back and edit the posts and I'll do the same :p

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #71
    first of all this whole mess was started by people who refuse to read past the sensaniolized (sp) title. if you only read further you will realize that "stupidity" is nothing but "willful ignorance"
    THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to say all along...this was in no way an attack on Americans or their intelligence. If someone bothered to read the article that would have been obvious.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I didn't write the article, so back off me. You got concerns, write the author.

No shit it's you :D

lol, how do you figure you've been supporting football longer than I have? Besides, when I said that "you've been ignorant to soccer" I wans referring to you specifically, I was referring to the U.S. as a whole through out it's history.

Again, if you have a problem with the article, take it up with the author, who apparently considers himself an American...but maybe because he has a bit too many shades of brown to be considered one to you.

That's fine dude, no one said you had to like it.
    More ignorance agaisnt americans for no reason. Why does everybody think were so racist. he has a bit to few shades of pride for america. If he dislikes the way it works in america than he should just leave

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Go through all my posts and you'll see understand. This was in no way meant to be an attack on americans.
    To be honest, Zé, the headline of the title of this thread says it all. If you said any nation was "too stupid" for anything else as a gross generalization or stereotype, I would bet you that most people with ties to said nation would be offended by that. No matter what nation, no matter what sport/etc.

THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to say all along...this was in no way an attack on Americans or their intelligence. If someone bothered to read the article that would have been obvious.
    But that's a cop out. Could you imagine an article with the headline of "Filthy Pakistanis" with an article below it that says something slightly less inflammatory as being OK and cool with you?

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74
    @Rami:

Though, they're not a serious cricketing country, they do have a team that competes:

The Saudi Arabian cricket team is the team that represents the country of Saudi Arabia in international cricket matches. They became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council in 2003. [1]

International Competition

The international debut of the Saudi senior team came in the ACC Trophy in 2004, where they failed to progress beyond the first round. They again failed to go past the first round in 2006, but had the remarkable achievement of scoring 499 runs in 50 overs against Brunei. Earlier in the year they came fourth in the Middle East Cup.

[edit] Youth Cricket

Saudi Arabia has entered teams in regional tournaments at Under 15, Under 17 and Under 19 levels.

Under 15s

The Under 15 side played for the first time at the Asia Cup in 2005. They did not progress beyond the first round, and will play in the plate competition in December 2006.

Under 17s

The Under 17 side has played in Asia Cup tournaments in 2000, 2004 and 2005. They failed to progress beyond the first round on all three occasions.

Under 19s

The Under 19 side first played in Asia Cup in 2005. They did not progress beyond the first round, their only win coming against the Maldives.

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia_national_cricket_team

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    well how can you blame someobody like me or other american citizens??? dude every country pleads for americas help when they are in trouble then when we help they tell us to leave, believe me i dont think that foreign aid is an excsuse for war but i think that security for our country is. Name one country that doesnt put its own agenda ahead of helping others because gahndiland doesnt exist. I have no choice of wether my country goes to war so how does that make me ignorant? i wish the soldiers were still safe here in america.
    Nobody is blaming you, but foreign aide is provided by the American government am I right? Well "foreign war" is also provided by the American government, and it's doing much more damage than any aided could fix.

What security? Iraqi Nukes crossing 10,00 miles over Europe, Africa and the Atlantic?? Sheesh ya right...

No country put its own agenda after helping others, not even America.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76
    More ignorance agaisnt americans for no reason. Why does everybody think were so racist. he has a bit to few shades of pride for america. If he dislikes the way it works in america than he should just leave
    I wasn't being serious but after I repeated about 10x that it was written by an American in New York, he called it a journal from another country.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    if this isnt an attack on americans than what is it? the title is Americans to stupid to understand cricket!!! if this isnt an attack on americans then what is it?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Nobody is blaming you, but foreign aide is provided by the American government am I right? Well "foreign war" is also provided by the American government, and it's doing much more damage than any aided could fix.

What security? Iraqi Nukes crossing 10,00 miles over Europe, Africa and the Atlantic?? Sheesh ya right...

No country put its own agenda after helping others, not even America.
    oops ur right i made a mistake when i said what country doesnt put foreing aide in fornt of its own interest i meant to say what country does

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    @Rami:

Though, they're not a serious cricketing country, they do have a team that competes:

The Saudi Arabian cricket team is the team that represents the country of Saudi Arabia in international cricket matches. They became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council in 2003. [1]

International Competition

The international debut of the Saudi senior team came in the ACC Trophy in 2004, where they failed to progress beyond the first round. They again failed to go past the first round in 2006, but had the remarkable achievement of scoring 499 runs in 50 overs against Brunei. Earlier in the year they came fourth in the Middle East Cup.

[edit] Youth Cricket

Saudi Arabia has entered teams in regional tournaments at Under 15, Under 17 and Under 19 levels.

Under 15s

The Under 15 side played for the first time at the Asia Cup in 2005. They did not progress beyond the first round, and will play in the plate competition in December 2006.

Under 17s

The Under 17 side has played in Asia Cup tournaments in 2000, 2004 and 2005. They failed to progress beyond the first round on all three occasions.

Under 19s

The Under 19 side first played in Asia Cup in 2005. They did not progress beyond the first round, their only win coming against the Maldives.

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia_national_cricket_team
    Do you see how "soccer" is virtually nonexistant in America? Well Cricket is just like that multplied by 100 in Saudi. And I bet that's true to a lot of countries in your list...

PS: for the love of god change ur avatar, everytime I see your posts I think its Rob....

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #80
    To be honest, Zé, the headline of the title of this thread says it all. If you said any nation was "too stupid" for anything else as a gross generalization or stereotype, I would bet you that most people with ties to said nation would be offended by that. No matter what nation, no matter what sport/etc.

But that's a cop out. Could you imagine an article with the headline of "Filthy Pakistanis" with an article below it that says something slightly less inflammatory as being OK and cool with you?
    Had it had an inquisitive heading and an acceptable article to it I wouldn't have gone buck-wild, so yes it would have been O.K. with me. We're grown-ups here, clearly any intelligent person who read the article would have understood that. But if there's a problem than go ahead and change, fuck if I care, I had no intention on insulting anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)