Americans too stupid for cricket? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
im well aware that defending the country that has given me so much is most likely to get me banned im sad about that but i dont regret it one bit. I am sorry if i offended anyone but i love my country. in case of the worst, Goodbye to my fellow juvefans i really enjoyed using this site and i liked about everybody i met. My passion for juve will never die but i hate the ignorance many america haters have. They are so prejudiced agaisnt this country they use any reason to hate it.
Its ok though i dont blame you id be jealous to if i was you. Forza juve and Del piero!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
1. im not bragging about foreign aide i dont approve of it im just saying that they have no reason to hate us
2. this isnt money spent on the war to protect america this is the money spending for food that goes unappreciated. I odnt agree with the war in iraq not because i give a damn about iraqis dying but because i feel for every american soldier who has to leave our beautiful counrty to help liberate that shithole, i say leave and let ssome new dictator take control of the counrty and kill his people, you wont hear me crying
3.i know im taking this to seriously. i know im irrational but i dont give a damn, im proud of what i am and would defend my country to the last! I dont give a damn wether or not i convince somebody else to my point of view, i only say what i believe i have no problem with forgieners until they have a problem with me
My point was that 18 billion as a figure is dwarfed by the anguish American wars created. It's like killing a person and then showing up in his/her funeral.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Did you read what I said? Let me give you an another analogy: Your aid is like burning my house and then offering me to help to build it again. It don't get any dumber and simpler than that.

What the hell does GDP have to do with this article?? You're doing nothing but proving my point. The article's about cricket and it's acceptance in America; it could just as well been about soccer in America. Had it been about soccer you would have nodding along with every argument, but it just happens to be cricket; a sport you're just as ignorant about as you were about soccer not too long ago. So take that GDP argument somewhere else. Next time we're talking about sports, keep it to sports, I don't wanna hear all the shit and glory about your army and how much fucking money it has.
Bad move...now your really see the "red devil" withing Enron :D

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
@ tahir:

overall with this article what are you trying to prove or point out?
is it that americans don't accept cricket just like soccer? thus making them stupid? or does it make you feel good about yourself? i dont mean to be sarcastic but there are alot of other countries that don't "accept" cricket and even though there isnt an article calling them out i still dont see you going out of your way to insult them.

Jan 7, 2004
im well aware that defending the country that has given me so much is most likely to get me banned im sad about that but i dont regret it one bit. I am sorry if i offended anyone but i love my country. in case of the worst, Goodbye to my fellow juvefans i really enjoyed using this site and i liked about everybody i met. My passion for juve will never die but i hate the ignorance many america haters have. They are so prejudiced agaisnt this country they use any reason to hate it.
Its ok though i dont blame you id be jealous to if i was you. Forza juve and Del piero!!!!!!!

people do not respect america (read, not americans) becuase they think they are the bestest nation in the world and they can do as they please

you guys have a president who thinks is chosen by god for fucks sake

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
But baseball is not really an accepted sport in many other countries, and while that is good news it doesn't prove anything... except for a difference in tastes and culture. Baseball rules are just as "complicated" as cricket... the sports are cousins essentially. The author of that article is simply a biased cunt and shouldn't talk such nonsense. Anybody could follow an idiotic sport such as cricket and baseball.
Lol yeah, saying that every pitch has endless possibilities. Whats that? isn't that like in every sport??

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    delpiero06 said:
    Oh believe me i dont support rebuilding ur house unless you count pissing in the ashes
    You still don't get it Oh Savior, take your "support" and shove it up yours. Capice?

Now stop the political nonsense and stop getting so emotional about it. I have nothing against American people; majority of my friends here are American.

Now if everyone will back off, I'd appreciate it. It's not my fault you didn't get the purpose of the article.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    people do not respect america (read, not americans) becuase they think they are the bestest nation in the world and they can do as they please

you guys have a president who thinks is chosen by god for fucks sake
    :lol:

unfortunately we arent the only country whose leader believes he was chosen by god

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    What the hell does GDP have to do with this article?? You're doing nothing but proving my point. The article's about cricket and it's acceptance in America; it could just as well been about soccer in America. Had it been about soccer you would have nodding along with every argument, but it just happens to be cricket; a sport you're just as ignorant about as you were about soccer not too long ago. So take that GDP argument somewhere else. Next time we're talking about sports, keep it to sports, I don't wanna hear all the shit and glory about your army and how much fucking money it has.
    What does intelligence have to do with accepting cricket? You can be a fucking retard in Pakistan and love cricket, does that mean he is more intelligent than a scientist for MIT? It has everything to do with GDP as money is directly correlated to people who happen to be intelligent and know how to manipulate market structures. Bill Gates and Andrew Fastow are Americans but yeah, theyre complete idiots and have no idea how to follow cricket. Makes a lot of sense.

This is Andy and I have played football since I was four, you cockmonger. That is probably a younger age than you played the sport, so if we're following your inane logic I have a greater football sense than you just because I "accepted" the sport at an earlier age. I mean seriously, one could make as many arguments as they'd like, but stating Americans are too stupid for cricket is just more nonsense on the behalf of journals from other countries.

You may like that, it's completely fine. But don't think such opinions will go without a response and factual backing in terms of economic analysis.

PS - Cricket is shit.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    @ tahir:

overall with this article what are you trying to prove or point out?
    is it that americans don't accept cricket just like soccer? thus making them stupid? or does it make you feel good about yourself? i dont mean to be sarcastic but there are alot of other countries that don't "accept" cricket and even though there isnt an article calling them out i still dont see you going out of your way to insult them.
    Go through all my posts and you'll see understand. This was in no way meant to be an attack on americans. The heading of the thread has a question mark, and the article is written by an Indian-American who addresses himself as an American, so what do you think?

Lol yeah, saying that every pitch has endless possibilities. Whats that? isn't that like in every sport??
    :lol2:

A pitch in cricket looks like this:

South Africa. And perhaps some Carribian countries, since they have the World Cup this year...
    Actually here's a list from Wikipedia:

Test and ODI (10): Australia | Bangladesh | England | India | New Zealand | Pakistan | South Africa | Sri Lanka | West Indies | Zimbabwe

ODI (6): Bermuda | Canada | Ireland | Kenya | Netherlands | Scotland
    Other ICC associate members (26): Argentina | Belgium | Botswana | Cayman Islands | Denmark | Fiji | France | Germany | Gibraltar | Hong Kong | Israel | Italy | Japan | Kuwait | Malaysia | Namibia | Nepal | Nigeria | Papua New Guinea | Singapore | Tanzania | Thailand | Uganda | United Arab Emirates | United States | Zambia

ICC affiliate members (55): Afghanistan | Austria | Bahamas | Bahrain | Belize | Bhutan | Brazil | Brunei | Chile | China | Cook Islands | Costa Rica | Croatia | Cuba | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Finland | Gambia | Ghana | Greece | Guernsey | Indonesia | Iran | Isle of Man | Jersey | Lesotho | Luxembourg | Malawi | Maldives | Mali | Malta | Mexico | Morocco | Mozambique | Myanmar | Norway | Oman | Panama | The Philippines | Portugal | Qatar | Rwanda | Samoa | Saudi Arabia | Sierra Leone | Slovenia | South Korea | Spain | St Helena | Suriname | Sweden | Switzerland | Tonga | Turks and Caicos Islands | Vanuatu
    Former members: East Africa | East and Central Africa | West Africa

Non-members: Barbados | Belarus | Bulgaria | Estonia | Guyana | Iceland | Jamaica | Latvia | Poland | Russia | Slovakia | Trinidad and Tobago | Turkey | Ukraine | Wales

-Wikipedia.com

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)