American NFL Football (52 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, but he was pretty good before the injury. It's a gamble but if it pays off ya'll are good.

We lost our two veteran safeties in the same day, one of which was our best slot presence. Justin Reid is pretty good and so is Andre Hal, but he had cancer last season so hopefully we have a plan B.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Insane contract
Hes a good pass protector but that's about it

We gave Kwon a bit of cash
He made the pro bowl the year before he got hurt, and had 150 tackles the year before that. The dude can play, it's just that he is coming off of an ACL injury. But it just goes to show that having these types of injuries in a contract year doesn't mean much anymore. Plus he's only 24

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Naturally, if Foster wasn't such an idiot, they wouldn't have needed to do this in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

CJ Mosley 5/85 to the Jets.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Packers going mental in free agency. Za'Darius Smith. Adrian Amos. Preston Smith. Billy Taylor. Nice to see they're all 27 or under, instead of the 30+ year old free agency rentals of the past few years.

Never really like seeing my team built through free agency, as it rarely works well (much prefer seeing free agency used for a final piece or 2 for a contending team), but that defence was such a mess last year, it was probably needed. Will be interesting to see how it pans out though.

Having picks 12, 30, 44 should be nice too, hopefully some good draft decisions made.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Packers going mental in free agency. Za'Darius Smith. Adrian Amos. Preston Smith. Billy Taylor. Nice to see they're all 27 or under, instead of the 30+ year old free agency rentals of the past few years.

Never really like seeing my team built through free agency, as it rarely works well (much prefer seeing free agency used for a final piece or 2 for a contending team), but that defence was such a mess last year, it was probably needed. Will be interesting to see how it pans out though.

Having picks 12, 30, 44 should be nice too, hopefully some good draft decisions made.
The problem I would have with what the Packers are doing is that, outside of Amos (a player I really like), their FA spending is focused on players at DL and OL positions, which are the deepest and most talented ones in the 2019 draft.
The timing of it just doesn't make much sense, especially when you consider the crazy money usually thrown around in the first couple of days in FA. This is the time window where teams usually way over-spend on less than premier talent, because the truely premier talent, the players you aren't guaranteed to find in the draft, hardly ever becomes available in FA.

- - - Updated - - -

Earl Thomas, Justin Houston, Pierre Desir.

It would be nice.
9ers are a rebuilding team, they need to build thru the draft and sign their own. If you are gonna spend in FA, at least invest in young players who are yet to hit their prime, not has-beens whose bodies are starting to give up on them.
Thomas and Houston, from a talent perspective, would make more sense for a title-contending team. The thing is, a true title-contender is unlikely to be willing to spend the type of money ageing players like them would be looking for in a crazy market like this.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The problem I would have with what the Packers are doing is that, outside of Amos (a player I really like), their FA spending is focused on players at DL and OL positions, which are the deepest and most talented ones in the 2019 draft.
The timing of it just doesn't make much sense, especially when you consider the crazy money usually thrown around in the first couple of days in FA. This is time window where teams usually way over-spend on less then premier talent, because the truely premier talent, the players you aren't guaranteed to find in the draft, hardly ever becomes available in FA.
:tup:

I really like the Za'Darius Smith and Adrian Amos signings. Two underrated players imo. We spent a bit much on Smith, but I think he has huge upside here.

Preston Smith is a garbage signing imo. And I don't have much of a clue about Billy Turner, I've heard he's a versatile piece for the OL, but that's about it.

We have so many needs in the draft though, I assume that's why they went for it in free agency too. TE, WR are still big needs. And I'd like see us get someone decent for the OL in the draft. Still, would have preferred we use the draft for DL addition alongside Za'Darius, and not gone for Preston Smith. That No 12 pick could have gotten us one of Montez Sweat (unlikely he falls that far, but if he does...), Brian Burns, or Rashan Gary.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
49ers need some veteran leadership on defense. They already have a bunch of kids in that starting defense, and if they get Nick Bosa, they will only add to the youth on that side of the ball.

If not those first 2 guys (I want Desir regardless of his age, even though he's only 28), they need some veteran leadership and production.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)