American NFL Football (5 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
49ers need some veteran leadership on defense. They already have a bunch of kids in that starting defense, and if they get Nick Bosa, they will only add to the youth on that side of the ball.

If not those first 2 guys (I want Desir regardless of his age, even though he's only 28), they need some veteran leadership and production.
That's understandable but you don't have to overpay ageing players to find vet leadership. Also, you draft leadership by seeking out high-character, team-captains type of guys in the draft, who will be the voice in the locker room. That way you grow your own locker room environment and team character, don't just try to rent someone else's.

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Latest numbers on the Trey Flowers deal with Lions are even higher than what was reported yesterday. Yeah, Pats were never coming close to this ...

- - - Updated - - -

Kwon Alexander has those leadership qualities, thankfully, at his young age.
Hope he works out for you guys!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I really think that it will work out with Kwon. People want to note the amount of missed tackles, but I think that lends itself to the amount of ground he covers. Just like a shortstop in baseball. Ozzie Smith made a lot more errors than Cal Ripken, but that was due to his range. No one questions as to who the better fielding shortstop is. Putting him next to Fred Warner could be a dynamic and extremely explosive LB Duo. Tampa's rushing yards allowed skyrocketed once he got hurt.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The details in this contract are definitely something that Paraag Marathe is known for. At least the hoopla over the size of the deal can subside now

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After reading details of the Kwon Alexander contract from numerous reports.<br><br>49ers have an out after year 1, costing $14.5M with a $3M cap hit. <br><br>2020 salary becomes guaranteed on April 1st 2020. Then it&#39;s year-to-year in 2021, 2022 at $13.5M base salary.</p>&mdash; Brian Peacock (@BDPeacock) <a href="">March 12, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

OBJ traded to the Browns for a 1st, 3rd, and Jabrill Peppers.

I really would not want to fact that offense if I were an AFC team right about now. Especially when Kareem hunt comes back. That offense is ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

In Niners news, though...............................

There could be a trade for Dee Ford any minute now. Ford for a 3rd round pick is what I have heard. And they will still look to draft Bosa with the 2nd pick.

Ford on one side, Bosa on the other, Buckner in the middle.

Yeah, that works for me. :tuttosport:

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

As great as Saquon Barkley has been, the Giants had the chance to be building a team around Darnold and OBJ right now and they passed on it.
Unless in the next couple of years they find a great young QB to build around, Barkley will more likely than not turn out to be inconsequential to the course of the franchise and forever symbolize a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

As great as Saquon Barkley has been, the Giants had the chance to be building a team around Darnold and OBJ right now and they passed on it.
Unless in the next couple of years they find a great young QB to build around, Barkley will more likely than not turn out to be inconsequential to the course of the franchise and forever symbolize a missed opportunity.
Barkley will be traded to the Eagles for a third rounder so he can join the state here he went to school.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Barkley will be traded to the Eagles for a third rounder so he can join the state here he went to school.
The way the Giants are doing business these days, it wouldn't shock me.

I loved Dave Gettleman's work as a GM for the Panthers - there was a very Patriots-like approach to his way of building a team. I have to say I am baffled by quite a few of his decisions since becoming the Giants' GM.
I have to wonder if the ownership's inability/unwillingness to part with the past (i.e. Eli) is getting in his way.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I am talking about:

- - - Updated - - -

... and this:

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of my beloved Patriots :lol:

D1fYEcyUkAAYoym.jpg

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Jimmy G and Mckinnon didn't get hurt last year, it would have been a safe bet to say they would have had more than 4 wins. And we know that the 49ers have been in a total rebuild in 17 and 18. They had to spend money, and even overspend just to have a competent roster.

And I don't mind them spending money, provided they spend it the right way.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
And Earl Thomas is a Raven. Quite possibly a (over)reaction to the OBJ trade to a division rival.

- - - Updated - - -

Earl Thomas to the Ravens. 3/42

Get Ha Ha Clinton Dix and I will be happy.

On a side note, I am totally in love with Joy Taylor.
Just bang her and be done with it ... And that Joy Taylor ain't half bad either ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And Earl Thomas is a Raven. Quite possibly a (over)reaction to the OBJ trade to a division rival.

- - - Updated - - -

Just bang her and be done with it ... And that Joy Taylor ain't half bad either ;)

I have been in love with her for a while. And she looks so fucking good today. It is really the only reason why I watch Colin Cowherd.

2 Moves I'd like to see SF make, and then be done with Free agency.

Clinton DIx and Pierre Desir. Massive upgrade to their secondary while both guys are still young (26 and 28). Desir is the type of press corner that they would look for.

Draft Bosa at #2 if available, and this would be the new 49ers defense next year

Bosa-Thomas-Buckner-Armstead

Warner-Alexander-Ford

Desir-Reed Jr/Colbert-Clinton Dix-Sherman

Young, fast, and a potentially ferocious pass rush.

- - - Updated - - -

BB proved that defense still wins championships, so why not load up on that side of the ball. Shanahan got the 49ers to a 16th ranked total offense last year with Nick Mullens starting the majority of their games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)