American NFL Football (12 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Why do you think he changed his mind? And if the Colts hire another HC wouldn't he assign his new staff?
I think he changed his mind because he is afraid to be a head coach, to be honest. You know how badly he bombed in Denver, and with the attitude that he came in with when he got there. Acting as if he was the reason why the patriots were so successful. I wanted him in San Francisco because I think he has a good football mind, but after what I have seen and read the past 12 months, I'm beyond thrilled that we went with Shanahan.

As far as the new staff is concerned, the new coach absolutely has the right to choose whom he wants. The problem here is that they have all signed contracts, and unless there is a clause that could terminate the contracts without compensation, then Indianapolis would either A) force the new coach to take on this new staff, or B) The coach can choose and sign his new staff, but Indianapolis would still have to honor the contracts of the assistant coaches they just signed, who will not be there now.

- - - Updated - - -

So this is getting ridiculous now with the McDaniels situation

Apparently, he didn't want to move his family.

Ok. So, if that is true, then why did he #1) Agree three weeks ago to join the Colts, after going through all of the interview processes that it entails. and #2) hire a full assistant coaching staff? If you didn't want to uproot your family, why go through all of this, and even worse, convince OTHER COACHES to do what you are now reluctant to do?

What a worm :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
McDaniels fucked up. What an asshole. Fits Patriots perfectly.
This is almost as bad as telling Malcolm Butler, your starting CB who played on 98% of all defensive snaps this season, that he will not be playing in the Super Bowl.

5 minutes before the national anthem. Because I am sure that the decision to do this was made 5 minutes before the national anthem. Right.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Similarities really aren't there once the full story was just recently revealed.

When Parcells and Belichick went to the Jets, it was as a "Co Head Coach" tandem, where BB would have been the natural successor to Parcells. It was up in the air as to when Parcells was going to call it quits. Apparently, the Patriots sent a fax to the Jets asking to interview Belichick. The Jets panicked, hid the fax from BB, and Parcells suddenly retired that same day, thereby forcing the coaching job on Belichick, who wanted nothing to do with the Jets once he found out that he wasn't even give the opportunity to interview with the Patriots.

I gleaned all of this from the latest 30 for 30 "The two Bills".

Only the Jets could go from 2 head coaches to zero in the span of a week.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Congrats on locking down Jimmy!
Thanks buddy.

Now on to the up to 90 million still left over under the cap for free agency and the multiple draft picks.

We got our quarterback, man. :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

That's a big ass contract, but yeah pretty much.
Well yea it's too big to be honest but I've seen worse decissions by clubs too. :D
One thing that you can say about nfl contracts for quarterbacks of this age.

You are not getting paid for what you have done, but for what you are going to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Huzzah!

Big things in store for the 9.
Shit. I forgot that you are still alive :lol:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
What a day for me as a 49ers and Lakers fan.

First, The Lakers manage to trade 2 long term contracts and get a 1st round pick, and cap space for 2 max players in 2018 or 2019

And now

AND NOW

@Salvo

This :touched:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-agree-on-record-5-year-1375-million-contract
I was so happy when I read this! So so so happy! Italian American quarterback heaven :touched:

It's going to be a great 5 years i reckon, i got so excited watching the video package they made for him on insta

Fuck yes!!!

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Congrats on locking down Jimmy!
Delayed, but a big congrats on winning the Big One, buddy. Absolutely huge, I'm sure you'll be riding that wave for awhile yet!

Shit. I forgot that you are still alive :lol:
:D

Yeah, I'm pretty much a ghost around these here parts. Hope all is well with you and yours, Sergio.

Congrats on your Lakers deal (I'm in LA at the moment; the locals are definitely happy), and the continued resurrection of our glorious 9. Such a huge, huge deal with Jimmy; still can't believe how well last years draft worked out, Lynch going from strength to strength. Looking forward to your 9er draft thoughts as we get closer to the day.

We'll leave the hockey talk for another time. :p

I was so happy when I read this! So so so happy! Italian American quarterback heaven :touched:

It's going to be a great 5 years i reckon, i got so excited watching the video package they made for him on insta

Fuck yes!!!
Yaassss, Salvo!

:dule:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
@King of Kings
Just when it was all looking good! Foster gets arrested on suspected domestic Violence charges

What do we do with this kid? Getting Aldon Smith flashbacks
Christ, now there is talk of assault rifle charges... Not sure if true but

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@King of Kings
Just when it was all looking good! Foster gets arrested on suspected domestic Violence charges

What do we do with this kid? Getting Aldon Smith flashbacks
Christ, now there is talk of assault rifle charges... Not sure if true but
If it's true, he has to go. It's that simple.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If it's true, he has to go. It's that simple.
Yep, I agree

My mate told me just before and I just said "just cut him"

Even if he has the potential to be great we have to, we are building a new culture in this team
I could deal with the weed charge but this is too much
He will face suspension even if he is not guilty

Draft a mlb in this draft and move on, it's super shit because I really like foster on the field

But this is just moronic, just when things were looking great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)