American NFL Football (11 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nice move to grab Landry, he'll help.

And, hmmmm... Brown's are trading for Tyrod Taylor?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22706211/cleveland-browns-get-tyrod-taylor-trade-buffalo-bills
Which means that Buffalo could be trading into the Top 10 for a QB.

Hmmm. Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on. Cutler is beyond bad

- - - Updated - - -

The browns could actually win some games this year with Taylor at QB.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Which means that Buffalo could be trading into the Top 10 for a QB.

Hmmm. Interesting.
My boys back in Toronto are mostly Bills fans. Bit of an outburst in our group thread, and a couple of FMLs. :D

They've always kind of been fans of Tyrod, even through the inconsistency.

One of them wants Cousins, another wants McCarron. One is still in shock they don't have a QB, other than Peterman. :lol:

They have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and I believe 2 thirds, so there is a bit of optimism about the draft. I think they're moving up.

Kizer to Green Bay, now the numbers make a little more sense in CLE.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Who are we gonna draft? Who are definitely going to leave and who will arrive? [MENTION]ALC[/MENTION] I read somewhere that Celek would leave, is this true? :moan:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
4 more days, bud. Don't want to see us spend money just to spend money, but I can't wait to see what Lynch and Shanahan do with that big cheque book.

Really hope that knee is right, and we go after Robinson as priority #1. As a former receiver, a bit position biased, but for me growing up it was all about Jerry Rice. I can't wait to have another prolific WR in the mix, been too long. Basically since TO.

The pass attack would be out of control. Garcon and Marquise are pretty solid, and I expect pretty big things from last year's rookies; Kittle and Taylor look legitimate.

Wonder if we'll target a RB in the early rounds? Doesn't look like Carlos is coming back at this point.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
3 years, 39 million with a 5 million signing bonus.

If he is healthy, this is a massive coup for the 49ers

- - - Updated - - -

If you are worried about the money, don't be. The 49ers do not give out bad contracts. They are known around the league for their team friendly deals

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
5M signing bonus, will be interesting to see how the guarantees shake out! Negotiated his own contract, which is pretty cool.

It should be a good move. Really hope this doesn't take the team out of the running for Allen Robinson.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
3 years, 39 million with a 5 million signing bonus.

If he is healthy, this is a massive coup for the 49ers

- - - Updated - - -

If you are worried about the money, don't be. The 49ers do not give out bad contracts. They are known around the league for their team friendly deals
I'm wary of corners heading into their 30s off an injury season but hopefully he is good to go

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
5M signing bonus, will be interesting to see how the guarantees shake out! Negotiated his own contract, which is pretty cool.

It should be a good move. Really hope this doesn't take the team out of the running for Allen Robinson.
We have so much space it won't matter

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Of course it doesn't take them out of the running for Robinson. Not by a long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wary of corners heading into their 30s off an injury season but hopefully he is good to go
Quarterbacks had the 2nd worst completion percentage and 3rd worst QB rating when throwing on him. The skill, or age in this case isn't the issue. He was at the top of his game before he got hurt.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We have so much space it won't matter
Of course it doesn't take them out of the running for Robinson. Not by a long shot.

Quarterbacks had the 2nd worst completion percentage and 3rd worst QB rating when throwing on him. The skill, or age in this case isn't the issue. He was at the top of his game before he got hurt.
I know we technically have the money, lads. There was something like 66M in cap space before this deal, and a big part of the money already spent is the front end loaded deal for Jimmy G, so we'll get a bit more flexibility back on his number next season, too. We'd still have a fair bit of cash after signing A Rob to a huge deal, although the deal will be front end loaded.

I do wonder about management's desire to pop down a number likely between 25-28M a season on two players coming off very significant injuries, though.

These are marquee guys, but I'm interested to know what their threshold for risk is in that regard. There probably won't be too much guaranteed money for Sherman after this season, but we'll see.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Allen Robinson get a massive deal, with a huge guarantee on the front end. These guys just don't become available very often, and there's definitely going to be a lot of competition for his signature. That 2015 season was ridiculous, and that was with Bortles. At 25, sky is still the limit.

I think he'll be getting filthy rich, 13-15M per year of so. I also think he's worth the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Sergio is absolutely right about Sherman. And our CB situation was a bit dire before signing him - terrible position ranking last season, and I think only 3 guys under contract prior to Sherman. I like the risk.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here are the contract details for the 1st year. Like I said, the 49ers do NOT give out bad contracts.

Richard Sherman’s deal includes a $5M signing bonus, plus $2M base salary, $2M in 46-man roster bonuses, $1M playtime incentive and $3M Pro Bowl incentive in 2018. So #49ers get protection, and Sherman gets upside to beat his #Seahawks deal if he plays well. Win-win.

- - - Updated - - -

Seahawks fans are PISSED!!!

:lol:

Oh, can you imagine if we somehow sign Jimmy Graham to an incentive laden deal as well ? :lol:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
That's definitely a nice break down, love the sound of that!

No doubt they're pissed! Gotta love it, will have to rock the 9er cap tomorrow for all our local 'Hawks fans. :lol:

Hope he makes it all. Will be interesting to see the rest of it, but looks like there's plenty of protection build in.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Memo to Odell Beckham Jr.

If you are trying to get that 20 million dollar per year from the Giants or anyone else, don't get caught on instagram videos of yourself holding what looks like a blunt and have a white powder substance on the bed next to a french model that you had just met the night before.

You can't possibly be this incredibly stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)