American NFL Football (31 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I get you. But not on that play.
This. Anyone saying it was a good call because of the surprise aspect is being ridiculous. No one throws inside in a situation like that. Not just because a direct interception is possible, but even for the tipped or bobbled interception possibility. The risk is insanely high.

Lynch would have scored with 3 cracks at it from the 1 yard line. It's not a question of IF. No team in the league has shown they can stop Lynch in short yardage situations with multiple cracks at it. Running the ball with him there would have won the game, whether it was that down, the next, or the one after.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i disagree, i am pretty sure pete carroll has complex algorithms and his vast experience to justify it but that will be lost in hindsight
You're being disingenuous here. And it's obvious. You're just trying to take away from how stupid that call was to make it seem like the Seahawks didn't hand the Pats the game, which they clearly did.

You never throw in that situation, with that much on the line. Not a throw into traffic. You might throw an outside route or a fade, but not a slant into heavy coverage, not just for the possibility of the direct interception like happened there, but because of a tipped pass or bobbled by the receiver interception.

The Seahawks gave the game to the Pats. Saying otherwise is just being ridiculous. Did the Pats play well enough to win the SB, yes. Clearly. Did the Seahawks have a 95% chance of winning on 2nd and 1, if they run the ball with Lynch, 1,2, or 3 times. Yes. Not team in the league has shown they can stop Lynch in a situation like that.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You're being disingenuous here. And it's obvious. You're just trying to take away from how stupid that call was to make it seem like the Seahawks didn't hand the Pats the game, which they clearly did.

You never throw in that situation, with that much on the line. Not a throw into traffic. You might throw an outside route or a fade, but not a slant into heavy coverage, not just for the possibility of the direct interception like happened there, but because of a tipped pass or bobbled by the receiver interception.

The Seahawks gave the game to the Pats. Saying otherwise is just being ridiculous. Did the Pats play well enough to win the SB, yes. Clearly. Did the Seahawks have a 95% chance of winning on 2nd and 1, if they run the ball with Lynch, 1,2, or 3 times. Yes. Not team in the league has shown they can stop Lynch in a situation like that.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
so what matters? what you say? he just gave you a rational explanation, your assumption rests on the fallacy that all 3 tries would be a yard away, a run play on that look could have easily caused them loss on yards with the wrong personnel

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My god, you're so butthurt about credit being taken away from Brady and the Pats, it's hilarious.

It was a moronic play call. Even if they throw, the throw they chose was absolutely stupid. You don't throw the ball on a slant, into coverage, where even a bobbled ball, or tip is likely to cause an INT. Not in that situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: Sorry for the out-of-date image :pado:

Those Pats. They sure destroyed and made an example the Seahawks, just like you predicted. :rofl:

Instead it took one of the worst playcalls in history by the Seahawks for Brady not to lose a third straight SB.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Carroll isn't going to come out and say, hey, we made a completely retarded choice. It doesn't change the fact that this is exactly what happened. IF you can't see how bad that specific call was, you're blind and delusional.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
My god, you're so butthurt about credit being taken away from Brady and the Pats, it's hilarious.

It was a moronic play call. Even if they throw, the throw they chose was absolutely stupid. You don't throw the ball on a slant, into coverage, where even a bobbled ball, or tip is likely to cause an INT. Not in that situation.

then blame wilson

Also i will raise an issue with some of your posts where you try to speculate on what people are thinking/feeling/their motives when you are obviously way off most of the time, not to mention that it discredits any following point you are trying to make.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Damn, what a game, what a play by Butler there just when it looked certain Pats were gonna lose a 3rd SB in a row to a crazy, completely ridiculous catch.
Kudos to Seattle for a game hard fought but the better team won. I did expect the Pats to win a lot more easily but all that bullshit of fabricated non-stories leading into the SB seemed to have taken a bigger toll than I thought.

Not the cleanest of games by NE, and especially Brady, but he managed to put it all together and overcome adversity. The true leader of this team and the greatest QB of all time (all stats you can think of say so) - no doubt after tonight.

Joe Montana can go suck a dick for all I care. The envious shitbag threw Brady under the bus big time just a couple of days or so before the biggest game of his life (so far). Guess he didn't want anyone to overshadow him ... Go act like a buffoon for chump change in them Papa Johns ads, you fuckhead.
You can call Brady anything you want but he would never, and I mean NEVER, treat even his biggest enemy that way. Tommy always takes the high-road ... a road that's led him to NFLs mount Olympus now.

Fuck the haters.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Those Pats. They sure destroyed and made an example the Seahawks, just like you predicted. :rofl:

Instead it took one of the worst playcalls in history by the Seahawks for Brady not to lose a third straight SB.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Carroll isn't going to come out and say, hey, we made a completely retarded choice. It doesn't change the fact that this is exactly what happened. IF you can't see how bad that specific call was, you're blind and delusional.
Hey sweety, here, pull my finger.

Numero 4, nigga, that's all that matters.

P.S. Who you rooting for in the NFL? By your reactions you look like a fan of yet another AFC butthurt team that can't prosper due to Pats dominance?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
why are people so surprised he made that call, the very reason why everyone thought he should run it is why the pass call was actually a good one in theory.
I'm surprised as it was completely unnecessary under the circumstances.

Calling a through-the-middle pass play call like that from the one yard line is like calling a fake punt or fake field goal in that situation. You're gambling a high risk with the expectation that the element of surprise might payoff better than the expected outcome under the circumstances. But the expected outcome under the circumstances was that Seattle was going to play some form of conservative ball control offense and grind it in for the bowl-winning touchdown. Why mess with such an expected outcome?

The TV announcers in the booth were rightfully pointing out the Patriots' dilemma of whether to allow the touchdown and use as little of the clock so they could get the ball back in time to score again. In case we needed another veteran opinion on the expected outcome under the circumstances that Seattle faced on the 1 yard line.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Retarded play is a retarded play.. Lynch in beastmode would have certainly given them a td from there, i think everyone knows it, even if they failed the first attempt at 2nd down, they still had 2 chances..

Still Gronk and Edelman had a great 2nd half, I thought as much as it was lost during that last play, it was also due to Hawks pretty crappy defense performance that lost them this superbowl..

Happy for that rookie Butler, what a night for him..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm surprised as it was completely unnecessary under the circumstances.

Calling a through-the-middle pass play call like that from the one yard line is like calling a fake punt or fake field goal in that situation. You're gambling a high risk with the expectation that the element of surprise might payoff better than the expected outcome under the circumstances. But the expected outcome under the circumstances was that Seattle was going to play some form of conservative ball control offense and grind it in for the bowl-winning touchdown. Why mess with such an expected outcome?

The TV announcers in the booth were rightfully pointing out the Patriots' dilemma of whether to allow the touchdown and use as little of the clock so they could get the ball back in time to score again. In case we needed another veteran opinion on the expected outcome under the circumstances that Seattle faced on the 1 yard line.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)