American NFL Football (33 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Fuck me the Ravens got lucky...But as I said I am proud of the boys, the did really well to come back. CK was great and will only get better. We will be back here soon, we have the team to get back here and get that 6th ring.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's probably best that the 49'ers lost. Ravens fans were already blowing up social media outlets with power outage conspiracy stories.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
IMO, bad call to go for for 2 so early with almost 10 min left.
yep, this is usually too risky a call with so much time left on the clock. didn't play a role in the end, though, iirc.

well when I am right, I am right :stuckup:
for me, it comes down to how the 9ers use the Kaep - restrict him to being a pocket passer and Ravens win a closish game, let him loose and 9ers win by several scores.
9ers are missing two foul calls on that last 1st and goal at the end - on 3rd down there should have been a personal foul for a helmet ht on defenseless 49ers WR and on 4th down, a pass interference call for holding in the red zone. Still, the Ravens looked like the team with the better plan to win this game and they do deserve the win.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
yep, this is usually too risky a call with so much time left on the clock. didn't play a role in the end, though, iirc.

well when I am right, I am right :stuckup:

9ers are missing two foul calls on that last 1st and goal at the end - on 3rd down there should have been a personal foul for a helmet ht on defenseless 49ers WR and on 4th down, a pass interference call for holding in the red zone. Still, the Ravens looked like the team with the better plan to win this game and they do deserve the win.
That 4th down play was completely a hold. The rule is five yards, and scrimmage was at the 7 and Crabtree was still getting manhandled in the end zone. Wouldn't guarantee that the 9ers could score at 1st and goal at the 2, but it would have been a fairer call, IMO.

That said, 1st and goal at the 7 and fucking that up on 4 downs? Nobody to truly blame there but themselves. Ravens went from a blowout to being lucky to hold on in the end.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
no way they gave a 2nd round pick for smith?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

and it's an early one too! proper robbed
Not only does it give the 49ers an extra 9 million in cap space, but it also gives them 5 of the first 93 picks in this draft.

Not including compensatory picks, which people are projecting that they could get at least 2, which would give them a minimum of 13 picks in this draft.

Oh Boy Oh Boy.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Oh Thank God.

Finally.

I can't believe the Chiefs actually gave up their 2nd round pick :howler:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...ee-trade-alex-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-source

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and one more thing.

A big THANK YOU to Kansas City for helping the 49ers clear out nearly 9 million in cap space too :howler:
Of course you're already on this. I came on to post the article, and got lost for a few minutes in Byrone's pic thread. :D

This would just be ridiculous. That 2nd would be so sweeeeeeeet. Secondary, D-line, trade for established WR... a few holes to be filled!

Thank you Kansas City!

:MJ:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You know what this means, right Matt?

Darelle Revis, perhaps?
I know, brother, I know. Revis Island down by the Bay... that would be crazy. Aldon will be unstoppable, although we definitely need to find some Justin Smith insurance in this draft. I would also love to see San Francisco pry Harvin out of Minny, but that's just not happening.

Great news, really nice to read/hear that it sounds done, too - we've been waiting on this one.

Jay Glazer makes it sound as though Andy Reid may want more from Alex than just steady QB play. Can't believe the 9 is getting that pick!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but you guys will be losing the beast of a safety you have, big shoes to fill
They will probably end up re-signing him.

My train of thought is that a great CB makes an average Safety look good.

A great safety with a bad CB is still an average secondary

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I guess we'll see what happens with Dashon... how many times has he been franchised? Just last year? I do hope they bring him back, love the way those boys hit back there, make the opposition aware of that presence. Damn, I'm excited for football, time for a workout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)