American NFL Football (68 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
And I have repeatedly said that his best situation is to stay where he is. He would take over the reigns of an already well-oiled machine. This would be Aaron Rodgers all over again.
Now you are finally seeing this from a Patriots perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy G could be worth a 1st for a very desperate team but he's definitely not worth more than Cousins. They're not even close to being on the same level ffs.
I agree - no fucking way would I go with Cousins over Jimmy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:lol:

bitch, please ... you are getting a WR1-wanna-be, not Tom Brady. Eagles aren't getting out of that div with 'Boys and Giants.
Says the guy whose team's best WR is Edelman, a short white boy. Your delusion is entertaining, in a "wow, that guy is brainwashed by the Patriots" way

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone with some common sense would go for Cousins over Jimmy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We don't really know how good Jimmy G is. Just that the Pats like him. Either way, it's a huge gamble for whoever decides to trade for him. If anyone does.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
you are the one letting his opinion/feelings come in the way of reason here, Serge.
How much a player is worth in a trade is ultimately down to how much the other party is willing to give up for him. Patriots are not forcing anybody's hand here - if they think the least Jimmy G can be down the road is a Phillip Rivers-level QB, or better, why would they let him go for less than a block-buster deal.

And in a market where scrubs like Bradford get traded for a 1st + 4th or Goff and Wentz - rookies with 0 min of NFL experience - are worth to teams multiple 1st round picks, why should the Pats want anything less for Jimmy?
Bradford got traded for a 1st because the Vikings were considered SB contenders before Bridgewater got hurt. Everyone knows that if Teddy didn't get hurt, Philadelphia comes nowhere close to getting a 1st for him. And here is the issue with Garoppolo.

Aside from the Browns, who else is making any waves about trading for him? Why would they give up the 1st pick in the draft this year, when they are essentially bidding against themselves

- - - Updated - - -

Now you are finally seeing this from a Patriots perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no "Finally" here. I thought he was a great pick when they took him, and that he should stay there. I've always said that

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Says the guy whose team's best WR is Edelman, a short white boy. Your delusion is entertaining, in a "wow, that guy is brainwashed by the Patriots" way

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone with some common sense would go for Cousins over Jimmy.
only thing Jeffrey has on Edelman is size, nothing else. Edelman is a champion at heart, Alshon is a bitch.

Sure, let them go 9-7 at best all they want.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yes it does, but luckily for Pats, Jesus created the "franchise tag" and blessed them with boatloads of cap-room :D
When Tom consistently restructures his contract so that the Patriots can compete, I don't think he had "Let's franchise tag my backup QB at a salary that is nearly twice what I am making" in mind.

I don't think that is what his plan was :D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Bradford got traded for a 1st because the Vikings were considered SB contenders before Bridgewater got hurt. Everyone knows that if Teddy didn't get hurt, Philadelphia comes nowhere close to getting a 1st for him. And here is the issue with Garoppolo.

Aside from the Browns, who else is making any waves about trading for him? Why would they give up the 1st pick in the draft this year, when they are essentially bidding against themselves

- - - Updated - - -

There is no "Finally" here. I thought he was a great pick when they took him, and that he should stay there. I've always said that
Assuming there are no other teams in the hunt for Jimmy, Browns are not bidding vs themselves, they are bidding vs the Pats. That argument you just made flies in a situation where the Pats just have to trade Jimmy G and the Browns are basically low-balling them. This is a situation where Patriots are not just fine with keeping Jimmy G, they want to keep him. In a situation like that, if you are the Browns, it doesn;t matter if there are 0 or 10 other teams in the hunt - if you want Jimmy G, you have to go as high as the Pats ask you to.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Assuming there are no other teams in the hunt for Jimmy, Browns are not bidding vs themselves, they are bidding vs the Pats. That argument you just made flies in a situation where the Pats just have to trade Jimmy G and the Browns are basically low-balling them. This is a situation where Patriots are not just fine with keeping Jimmy G, they want to keep him. In a situation like that, if you are the Browns, it doesn;t matter if there are 0 or 10 other teams in the hunt - if you want Jimmy G, you have to go as high as the Pats ask you to.

Technically they don't have to if they feel the price is way too high, which is what the #1 pick is. Way too high. The Browns won't miss out on a freak like Myles Garrett.

What I can't understand in all of this is why the Patriots would even entertain offers.

Brady is not going to play forever. That cliff is going to come, eventually, and when do you ever know Bill to be ill-prepared?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
When Tom consistently restructures his contract so that the Patriots can compete, I don't think he had "Let's franchise tag my backup QB at a salary that is nearly twice what I am making" in mind.

I don't think that is what his plan was :D
That's where Billy B comes in - Pats just won a SB and had the #1 scoring D in a year where they got rid of Chandler Jones and Jaime Collins. How many other teams can do that?
Your problem, Serge, is that you trying to measure the Pats with the same eyes you look at all other 31 teams - the Patriots are unlike any other team, mate, they are in a league of their own where they are the ones who set the rules :D

- - - Updated - - -

What I can't understand in all of this is why the Patriots would even entertain offers.

Brady is not going to play forever. That cliff is going to come, eventually, and when do you ever know Bill to be ill-prepared?
Jimmy could get restless sitting on the bench. Also there is a projection involved here after all as to how good he can be - with every projection, there is a margin of error involved. Packers didn't exactly know how good Rodgers was gonna be after 2-3 years as a starter - they knew he was gonna be good but doubt they knew exactly how good. Their choice was made for them when Favre retired ... Pats are in a much more tricky situation - can;t trade or cut the GOAT, while he is still playing at his best. At the same time, they don;t know if he has 1 or 5 years left in him - it's just a tough situation to measure accurately.
In the end of the day, to them Jimmy, even as a back up, even for just 2 years, is worth to them much more than any player they may get with some 1st round pick.
That's why I think, if they are to trade him, it would have to be for a king's ransom and a 1st rounder in 2018 where they can potentially get the new Jimmy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah okay. I meant for the trading team. The Browns could trade for him and then what, franchise him until his gives in?
Presumably they won't make the trade until they have a long-term deal in place with the player.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Glennon and all, for me the biggest head-scratcher of a deal today is Matt Kalil to Panthers on a 5-year, 55 mil deal ... just nuts ... and I have a healthy respect for Gettleman.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I think this may rule out a Butler for Cooks trade at this point.
With a draft so rich in talent at CB position, I'd say whether Pats trade Butler comes down to if they agree to an extension or not. The possibility of not being able to sign Butler and having to trade him away was the driving force behind the Gilmore signing too, a signing very unusual for the Pats.
Next year, if Pats have to franchise Jimmy G, they won't be able to stop Butler from leaving in FA unless he extends now.
At 10 mil per, they were never bringing Ryan back.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Chances are that the player the Patriots wanted at 64 is going to be there at 72.

So, in essence, they got a young pass rushing DE for.........................free?

That's just.

That's terrific.

Honestly this is turning into Serie A, where everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Why would ANYONE WILLINGLY make a trade with the Patriots? Do they honestly think that they will get the better of the deal?

This must have been what Bill Walsh was like back in the 80's. I bet it got to a point where opposing GM's secretaries would walk into their boss' office and say "Mr. Walsh is on the phone for you.", and they would tell them to tell him that they are at a funeral or something.

honestly. What the hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)