American NFL Football (37 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zé Tahir ] ++
49ers go their asses handed to them. They made the redskins offence look good for once. Vikings are pathetic, they were celebrating like they won the super bowl. Favre needs to retire , his good name has been destroyed faar to much. Sean Alexander is unstoppable.

week 7 ;)
You really are clueless on the NFL, aren't you.

Look at his numbers, and couple that with the fact that Green Bay has lost:

Ahman Green
Robert Ferguson
Javon Walker
Najeh Davenport

to season ending injuries, and the last thing that Favre should do is retire.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

You really are clueless on the NFL, aren't you.

Look at his numbers, and couple that with the fact that Green Bay has lost:

Ahman Green
Robert Ferguson
Javon Walker
Najeh Davenport

to season ending injuries, and the last thing that Favre should do is retire.
I didn't mean that he's playing bad. I meant that the entire team sucks, with the exception of few, including him, therefore he should retire.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zé Tahir ] ++

I didn't mean that he's playing bad. I meant that the entire team sucks, with the exception of few, including him, therefore he should retire.

The thing is, I can't see how someone who is playing as well as Favre is, with his whole offense falling apart around him, should retire. If he was playing badly, then yeah, I would agree with you. If anything, this only enhances his legacy, especially if he can somehow get his team into the playoffs.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Favre is still great, and Sergio is correct about the injuries. Green Bay is now the world's most expensive hospital ward. Holy shit what is with all these injuries? I blame it on artificial turf. Easy scapegoat.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
A lot of fans of teams from the NFC North here...all I have to say is Go Lions and Go Garcia because Harrington sucks it.
Scary to think that Garcia is probably glad to get out of San Francisco for Detroit. ;)

Apr 12, 2004
Garcia is still a sub-par QB, even when he was in SF what did he have? For a long time, TO. I thhink that if a team has TO lining up at wideout, fooking Steven Hawking could be an all-pro QB.

The problem with Detroit is that they have selected a wide receiver in the first round of the last 3 drafts.

Charles Rogers, then Roy Williams, then Mike Williams. The latter two better than the first, but in any case, when you don't have a running back, a good O-line, and no QB, you might want to think, "WTF is wrong with the staff that they are drafting WR's every fucking first round?"

I think what needs to happen is you get Mariucci out of there at the end of the season, and get someone in there who realizes what the Steelers, and Indianapolis, and Seattle have all realized, that to be CONSISTENTLY good in the NFL, you have to be able to run the ball, and run it well.

Get a chief in there that can draft a good tackle, or a good guard, or maybe a rush end over a guy who caught 45 touchdowns in college, I think that they are all high class receivers, that's not what I am trying to say. I understand the pick of Michigan State receiver Rogers 3 years ago, that's cool, and not to pass up Texas man Roy Williams, but to choose another one, cummon, is this guy Mancini? I have an idea, let's sell Pirlo and Seedorf to Milan and get Van der Mayde.

So, get a running game, a good LB and a good safety/shut down corner, and you will see really how bad the Pack and the fornication attack via boat are this year.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
That would be interesting, but the Saints owner, Tom Benson has mostly been talking about a move to San Antonio.

San Antonio would probably be blocked by existing owners as it is too close to Houston and would cut into the Texans market. That coupled with the fact that the NFL is desperate to have a team re-established in Los Angeles and I say that it is a likely scenario.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, how do you think Reggie Bush is going to look in a Niners Uniform next year, considering that they are well on their way to getting a top 2 selection again???

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

Charles Rogers, then Roy Williams, then Mike Williams. The latter two better than the first, but in any case, when you don't have a running back, a good O-line, and no QB, you might want to think, "WTF is wrong with the staff that they are drafting WR's every fucking first round?"
Actually we have a great young running back in VA Tech's Kevin Jones. He has finally provided us with some good runs after we have been without Barry Sanders for seemingly an eternity. The problem does not reside in our running game...it has more to do with the quarterback situation. Give us some decent QB like Eli Manning and we would have won the close games earlier this season, like against the Bucs.

OP
Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #119
    Running back together with wide receiver must the two places they don't desperatly need people, can't think of someone decent at any other positions (ok I do, DT Rogers). I really hope they don't win the division, don't think they got the potential that the Vikes or Bears (or even the Packers maybe) have this season.

Talking about teams re-locating, the Cards should move to Mexico.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by RochemBeck ] ++

Actually we have a great young running back in VA Tech's Kevin Jones. He has finally provided us with some good runs after we have been without Barry Sanders for seemingly an eternity. The problem does not reside in our running game...it has more to do with the quarterback situation. Give us some decent QB like Eli Manning and we would have won the close games earlier this season, like against the Bucs.
    You will soon learn what I learned watching Kevin Jones for 4 years in the Big East, he is a chump.

He thinks he is the best RB ever, but when it comes doen to it, he is worthless.

He was one of the biggest recruits coming out of HS, but sisn't do much in big games against relatively good defenses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)