American NFL Football (7 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
idk man, i personally like the look of it but we've been very hit and miss. i thought vick got hit a lot more last season.

all we need to do is get both the offense and defense working together at the same time. which sounds a lot easier than it is haha.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Seahawks, Bears, and Broncos looking solid thus far.

That is the best team in football right now.

Their defense is downright frightening, and they are still missing Clemons, Irvin, and Browner.

Their secondary is the best I've seen since the 1994 49ers secondary, and that backfield had Sanders, Davis, McDonald, and Hanks.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Nah.

Not really. Shit happens. You deal with it or you don't.

Injuries happen. stupidity happens. But I'm not about to place the blame on Kaepernick's shoulders. As Greg said, he hasn't even had a full season yet.

There are other, bigger issues with this squad. The Offensive Line, considered to be one of the best, if not the best in the league, are playing horribly, which is inexcusable considering it is the same exact line from last year. You can't open the holes, you can't give the Quarterback more than one second to throw the ball, and that's the way it goes.

If the defense is out there for almost 40 minutes a game because you can't control the ball, they are going to wear out, which is exactly what is happening right now
Agree, the o-line was absolutely shit against Seattle, but there were plenty of holes for Frank when they actually ran the ball against the Colts. I think the O-line is going to be just fine, we've got a great group there and they'll get sorted out -- they're not the position group we need to worry about moving forward, imo.

O-line has struggled this season, but the 49er receivers can't get open -- Kaep's got nowhere to throw the ball, he's gotta hold it much longer, they're having difficulty creating any rhythm. Defenses are stacking the box on virtually every down, they can easily assign a spy to Kaep on every play because the pass game is in the tank. Frank should have been given the rock more. 11 carries for 82 iirc. Only 4 carries in the second half, there is absolutely no excuse for that. 13 touches for 104 total yards or so.

Unfortunately, their power run game basically chewed us up, and wore out the D. Their O-line dominated our D-line. Fatigue clearly is huge. We've lost a couple big interior D lineman the past two year, guys who used to make a lot of plays, and occasionally require a double team; now with Williams going down, we're quite light at the position.

So basically... Oline, dline, receivers, play-calling... and maybe now LB's, if Pat and Aldon are both out for a stretch. Things are messy, but the club will get it turned around.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Agree, the o-line was absolutely shit against Seattle, but there were plenty of holes for Frank when they actually ran the ball against the Colts. I think the O-line is going to be just fine, we've got a great group there and they'll get sorted out -- they're not the position group we need to worry about moving forward, imo.

O-line has struggled this season, but the 49er receivers can't get open -- Kaep's got nowhere to throw the ball, he's gotta hold it much longer, they're having difficulty creating any rhythm. Defenses are stacking the box on virtually every down, they can easily assign a spy to Kaep on every play because the pass game is in the tank. Frank should have been given the rock more. 11 carries for 82 iirc. Only 4 carries in the second half, there is absolutely no excuse for that. 13 touches for 104 total yards or so.

Unfortunately, their power run game basically chewed us up, and wore out the D. Their O-line dominated our D-line. Fatigue clearly is huge. We've lost a couple big interior D lineman the past two year, guys who used to make a lot of plays, and occasionally require a double team; now with Williams going down, we're quite light at the position.

So basically... Oline, dline, receivers, play-calling... and maybe now LB's, if Pat and Aldon are both out for a stretch. Things are messy, but the club will get it turned around.

Or, if not, they will have an expected 13 draft picks next year, with 6 predicted in the top 3 rounds. We can always look forward to that. Maybe they can get the breakaway WR they desperately need (I.E. Marquise Lee)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Seahawks will tail off but they really are an impressive team
You can forget about ever trying to beat them in Seattle. It just won't happen.

Speaking of Seattle, I was watching Real Sports on HBO the other day, and they did a feature on the Seattle Sounders. That fanbase is just insane. Averaging nearly 50000 per match

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You can forget about ever trying to beat them in Seattle. It just won't happen.

Speaking of Seattle, I was watching Real Sports on HBO the other day, and they did a feature on the Seattle Sounders. That fanbase is just insane. Averaging nearly 50000 per match
True dat. And they're not just numbers: those guys put on songs and acts like the organized fans in Europe. Respect.

I like the way the Seahawks roster is built. Well meshed talent, not super-star oriented
Carrollball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)