American NFL Football (5 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Kap hasn't started a full season's worth of matches yet. The verdict is still out. :stuckup:

And hey -- compared to 29-3, losing 27-7 is an improvement. :D

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Tough loss today. This team is really banged up, but there's no time for excuses -- it's a tough division, the 9 need results now.

Kaepernick is going to be just fine. He's basically a second year player, there are going to be some rough patches. Do you know how many combined receptions the 49er receivers who played today made last season?

12, all by Kyle Williams (who missed most of last season with the knee).

I know with A. Smith's fucking situation (and some of the other team related DUI style nonsense) the 49ers may not want to bring in any more potential behavioural problems, but depending on the price... hellloooooo Josh Gordon. He's been labeled a head case, but what a fucking specimen. Could use that vertical threat to open up a few lanes for Frank (who should have got about 10 more touches today, ffs), and once Crabtree returns, that would be a devastating combination...

There are bigger issues though; we need another anchor for the D-line, badly!

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Well, Pat hurt his groin and they haven't released a medical evaluation at this point; sometimes these can be pretty tricky though, so keep your fingers crossed (I think he's probably missing at least a couple of weeks, but he's a total freak).

Aldon is on his way to a rehabilitation centre. I'm sure you know all about him crashing his truck into a tree, while drunk, in possession of the sacred herb. At 7 in the morning. So there are a couple of layers to that - his wellbeing, and then of course the stern disciplinary action which is coming - so we'll have to wait and see how all of that plays out. Hopefully he can get himself healthy, and refocused. He has the opportunity to be a HOF type of player.

It's going to be a tough season, no doubt about it, but it's a strong group and we'll be getting some bodies back late season. If you make the playoffs, anything can happen.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nah.

Not really. Shit happens. You deal with it or you don't.

Injuries happen. stupidity happens. But I'm not about to place the blame on Kaepernick's shoulders. As Greg said, he hasn't even had a full season yet.

There are other, bigger issues with this squad. The Offensive Line, considered to be one of the best, if not the best in the league, are playing horribly, which is inexcusable considering it is the same exact line from last year. You can't open the holes, you can't give the Quarterback more than one second to throw the ball, and that's the way it goes.

If the defense is out there for almost 40 minutes a game because you can't control the ball, they are going to wear out, which is exactly what is happening right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)