American NFL Football (17 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm hoping a good defensive player falls to 10. Assuming we switch to a 3-4 defense we may need a good outside linebacker. Of course, if either of the two corners fall to ten, we'd be stupid not to take one.

Though there are Julio Jones rumors.:sergio:
If the linebacker from UCLA falls, then Houston should snatch him up right away. His name escapes me right now, but he's a beast.

If they switch to a 3-4, does that mean Mario Williams will be a 3-4 DE? Might he be a little light at his height to play that position? and they would be severely reducing his effectiveness as a pass rusher if they decide to do that

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If the linebacker from UCLA falls, then Houston should snatch him up right away. His name escapes me right now, but he's a beast.

If they switch to a 3-4, does that mean Mario Williams will be a 3-4 DE? Might he be a little light at his height to play that position? and they would be severely reducing his effectiveness as a pass rusher if they decide to do that
Might have to play him as an outside linebacker like Baltimore does with Suggs at times.

Phillips has said that we're going to play a 3-4. It doesn't make sense because our D-line are all pretty light. Okoye, Cody, Smith, Williams, Barwin are all on the small side.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh my, who would have saw this coming
:lol:

As long as we are listing things that feel good, I'll go: Sitting on my own toilet after a Mexican fiesta. Those coffee cans tend to cut into my ass cheeks.
Ahhh... I made two Mexican fiestas in the toilet this morning. :pado:

We'll see... Matty Ice is pretty deadly in Hotlanta.
That's Mylanta.

yeah but all the commentators are talking about favre like he's the god almighty of qb's...it's just because he kept on playing 'till this age?..
He's like a Cal Ripken, Jr. who broadcasts mobile photos of his schlong.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Might have to play him as an outside linebacker like Baltimore does with Suggs at times.

Phillips has said that we're going to play a 3-4. It doesn't make sense because our D-line are all pretty light. Okoye, Cody, Smith, Williams, Barwin are all on the small side.
Then wouldn' t that negate the need for a pass rushing OLB in the draft?

If williams does move to OLB (Which is a huge mistake in my opinion), you would already have Cushing one side and Williams on the other.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Houston is seriously considering going to a 3-4 and moving Williams to the outside, then I could see them looking at that DL from Alabama, Marcell Dareus, but he would have to be strictly a nose tackle I think because of his Height. 6' 2" Defensive Lineman usually get swallowed up in a 3-4 if they are playing as a DE.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The more I look at the Texans Roster, it would be absolutely insane to move to a 3-4. It would be nuts.

They need a corner, but I doubt that Peterson from LSU or that Prince dude from Nebraska will be there at #10

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Speaking of Vick, remember his fantastic Monday Night performance against the below average Redskins? The likes of Steve Young, Matt Millen, Trent Dilfer, etc. annointed Vick as the greatest ever and proclaimed the Eagles to now be "Unstoppable". All based on one great performance. ONE!!!

Immediately thereafter, the Unstoppable Eagles were then blown up by Chicago, a 6-10 Minnesota, and Green Bay. Their two wins were by one point against Dallas and a last minute miracle against the Giants. Unstoppable my ass.
Well what do you expect?

These pundits would worship Hitler if he won the NFC Offensive Player of the Month award.

And speaking of the Eagles, some of these fan comments are just :lol:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=23117

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Well what do you expect?

These pundits would worship Hitler if he won the NFC Offensive Player of the Month award.

And speaking of the Eagles, some of these fan comments are just :lol:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=23117
Not only does that comments list prove that Philly fans are dumb as fuck, it also validates that they are just sorry human beings.

For being fans of a organization that hasn’t won anything of significance, they sure act like they have.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hmm, they are picking 13th. They could use a DE or a CB. After the first two CB's are off the board, there is a dropff. If Janoris Jenkins from Florida hs a good combine, then he could end up being there at #13. DE J.J. Watt from Wiconsin might be a possibility but he might go a couple of spots ahead of #13. Aldon Smith from Missouri would make sense as well.

If Blaine Gabbert gets taken in the top 10, I will eat my shoe. If he goes #7 to San Francisco, I will kill myself.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I though the Texans run a 4-3 right now?

Wade will probably install the 3-4 and further ruin your def
That's just it, Dru.

They do run a 4-3, and to be quite honest, when Ryans comes back, the only thing that they will need is a passrushing OLB and most certainly a CB. They need one of those and a safety in the worst way.

I just don't see what the sense is in converting to a 3-4 when the only person who has the proper height/weight ratio to thrive in a 3-4 along that defensive line is Cody.

Now they are going to ask Okoye to be a nose tackle in all likelihood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)