American College Football (4 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
that's the thing - I don't think there are many people out there who know whether that's the case or not. People tend to make a final judgement on such matters based on personal opinion and not exact knowledge of the facts.
I personally can't feel bad for him but am not gonna crucify him either as, at this point at least, I can only guess and speculate regarding what, if anything, was true about his involvement in all this and what wasn't. I don't think I have enough information to pass a judgement on him as a victim of a bad prank or just a self-serving douchebag ... or somewhere in between.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
well, had it been you in his place, I really doubt you'd you have been in a hurry to reveal something so utterly embarrassing and humiliating on ESPN. I mean think about it, how does one even begin to explain all this to the world given the wide-spread attention it had gotten in the media just recently, including on national TV at the Heismann ceremony?
To make things even worse, imagine the distraction that would have caused to his teammates while prepping for the biggest game of their college careers. I am even starting to think this may well explain, at least partly, his awful performance in the BCS title game.

Plus, based on what you are saying, he himself learned it had been just a hoax well after the heisman ceremony or any other public mention of the supposed death of this girl. Had it been the other way around i.e. had he known about it being a lie at the heisman, I would have been a lot more inclined to jump on the haters b-wagon.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yeah, I can tell you are shedding tears for him :p

I reserve judgement on all this - it's possible he used all this to raise his public profile but the more likely explanation for me is that he was the victim of a prank ... just think it would have been rather risky and stupid of him to have actually been knowingly part of all this - a lot more to lose than gain, imo. And there is no universal measure on when you start calling someone your girlfriend and such, so it's entirely possible that she meant a lot to him. Plus, could he really say about someone who had supposedly passed away already that she wasn't his girlfriend per say i.e. she didn't mean that much to him anyway? ... it's kind of an awkward situation in which I can see someone playing along for reasons other than just personal gain.
Than again, there are all sorts of people out there, so good luck trying to figure them all out :)
well the girl's is alive so i don't see what her death could've meant to him.

i dunno, definitely seems like he's hiding something if he played along with it all the time.

Jul 10, 2006
well, had it been you in his place, I really doubt you'd you have been in a hurry to reveal something so utterly embarrassing and humiliating on ESPN. I mean think about it, how does one even begin to explain all this to the world given the wide-spread attention it had gotten in the media just recently, including on national TV at the Heismann ceremony?
To make things even worse, imagine the distraction that would have caused to his teammates while prepping for the biggest game of their college careers. I am even starting to think this may well explain, at least partly, his awful performance in the BCS title game.

Plus, based on what you are saying, he himself learned it had been just a hoax well after the heisman ceremony or any other public mention of the supposed death of this girl. Had it been the other way around i.e. had he known about it being a lie at the heisman, I would have been a lot more inclined to jump on the haters b-wagon.
He has said he learned about it during the college football awards show... I believe they said that was on the 26th.. but i could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, it was December 6th... not the 26th..... Looks like he perpetuated the lie after he was told it was a hoax. Decemeber 26th is the day he told Notre Dame.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8856519/manti-teo-talked-girlfriend-knowing-hoax

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's no secret that I often mock college athletics as an amateur league collecting tons of money pretending it be what it isn't. But being in downtown Boston today and seeing a lot of people wearing college "National Champion" sweatshirts (Alabama, etc.), I got an idea for a game I would watch.

The national BCS champ plays the worst NFL team that year ... like the KC Chiefs. And the KC Chiefs just humiliate them. Every year.

I would pay money for that. :agree:

National bush league champions my ass...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:lol:

great to see Katy back at doing the journalism that matters :tup: ... making a difference one world-bending story at a time 'cause people deserve to know the truth :touched:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It's no secret that I often mock college athletics as an amateur league collecting tons of money pretending it be what it isn't. But being in downtown Boston today and seeing a lot of people wearing college "National Champion" sweatshirts (Alabama, etc.), I got an idea for a game I would watch.

The national BCS champ plays the worst NFL team that year ... like the KC Chiefs. And the KC Chiefs just humiliate them. Every year.

I would pay money for that. :agree:

National bush league champions my ass...
I'd love a game like that ... but you still need a :cookie:

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)