American College Football (16 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
well folks before you go and say that OU dominated tech, which they indeed did... let me introduce you to the texas tech that we have all known about for the past 8 years

they have no def and no big game exp

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Part of me wants to see Oregon State lose, and USC win out the rest of the season so that they play Penn State in the Rose Bowl.

However, another part of me wants to see USC actually play in a different BCS bowl for once, preferrably against an SEC or Big 12 powerhouse

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ßüякε;1814700 said:
I want to see that so I can see the tasty tears of JoePa.

Well, Big 10 teams don't have a very good receord lately against USC, but that isn't the point.

I want to see them go up against Florida, or Oklahoma, or Texas.

Something to that extent.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Well, Big 10 teams don't have a very good receord lately against USC, but that isn't the point.

I want to see them go up against Florida, or Oklahoma, or Texas.

Something to that extent.
apparently USC is the only team to allow less than 100 points all season. they have thus far allowed about 83 pts total which is impressive but then again playing against weak out of conference teams and a weak conference in the pac10.

but i agree, i would like to see USC and go up against some big boys and vice-versa

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
apparently USC is the only team to allow less than 100 points all season. they have thus far allowed about 83 pts total which is impressive but then again playing against weak out of conference teams and a weak conference in the pac10.

but i agree, i would like to see USC and go up against some big boys and vice-versa
They do not play weak out of conference teams, dru.

Come on now.'

While LSU is playin Louisiana Monroe, and Florida is playing the Citadel. Yes, the Citadel, USC is playing at Virginia, who is bowl bound with one more victory, and playing Ohio State.

Please re-think that argument

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
They do not play weak out of conference teams, dru.

Come on now.'

While LSU is playin Louisiana Monroe, and Florida is playing the Citadel. Yes, the Citadel, USC is playing at Virginia, who is bowl bound with one more victory, and playing Ohio State.

Please re-think that argument
I can't hate on USC. They probably have one of the best defenses in the nation without a doubt.

One more thing. Don't bring Virginia to the table. They are 5-6, if they win and finish 6-6 they still might not go to a bowl. Notre Dame just lost to Syracuse and will probably finish 6-6 after your Trojans pummel them. Out of the three non-con games USC played this season 1 was a major contender. That's impressive considering many of the SEC or Big 12 teams who face a brutal conference schedule probably didn't schedule a top 25 non-con game. Remember Ohio State was top ten at the beginning of the season. That's some scheduling cahones if you ask me.;)

USC may have a great team, but because of their crappy conference we will never find out.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't hate on USC. They probably have one of the best defenses in the nation without a doubt.

One more thing. Don't bring Virginia to the table. They are 5-6, if they win and finish 6-6 they still might not go to a bowl. Notre Dame just lost to Syracuse and will probably finish 6-6 after your Trojans pummel them. Out of the three non-con games USC played this season 1 was a major contender. That's impressive considering many of the SEC or Big 12 teams who face a brutal conference schedule probably didn't schedule a top 25 non-con game. Remember Ohio State was top ten at the beginning of the season. That's some scheduling cahones if you ask me.;)

USC may have a great team, but because of their crappy conference we will never find out.

Enron, I AM Bringing Virginia to the table on this. You kow why??

Because that Virginia team in 2007 was 9-4 in the ACC and went to a January 1st bowl game, where they lost by three to Texas Tech.

And THAT is exactly my point. USC has the balls to schedule an away game at Virginia the first game of the season against a 9 win team, never mind scheduling a home and home against Ohio State, and scheduling a home and home against Boston College next year.

Look, I'm not arguing the fact that the Pac 10 sucks, because it does, and I have bemoaned that fact ever since this thread began.

I just take offense to how some people will say that "USC has a weak non-conference schedule".

Oh, Really??? Scheduling a 9 win team from the ACC AND Ohio State on your non-conference schedule is weak??

Take a look at their non-conference schedules for the last 6 years, and you will see my point. There is one weak team the last 6 years, and that was Idaho.

Let me give you a brief rundown on who they have played

Auburn, Arkansas, Colorado(when they were ranked), Colorado State (When they were ranked), BYU, Hawaii, Nebraska (when they were ranked), Virginia Tech (when they were ranked), Kansas State (#6 in 2002), and this is all in the past 5 years.

I can't do anything about the fact that they play in the Pac 10, and USC can't either, but the point is, with the exception of a God Like performance from Vince Young in 2005, they ALWAYS step up against the good competition

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It kind of difficult to assume teams such as UVA, Colorado, State, Arkansas, BYU and Hawaii are gonna be ranked year in and year out. Traditionally those teams have a good season every 3-5 years or even more infrequently when referring to Colorado State, BYU, and Hawaii. You have to understand as an AD that those teams are going to be hit or miss. But I guess USC gets an A for effort?

At the same time you can almost always assume Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, Auburn and K-State will be decent. So I can give some props there. Remember Sergio, I'm not the one who dissed on USC's non-con.

About your "always steps up" comment. I guess the Cardinal and the Beavers get up for big games too? My point is simple.

The USC teams of Carson Palmer and Matt Lineart were outstanding. Simply because those two could win close games. Under J.D. Booty and Mark Sanchez this hasn't been the case. Whenever the game falls into the hands of those two they choke.

What you have is a good USC team losing one game a season in a crappy Pac-10. It's the same thing Ohio State and Penn State face every year as well. The conferences are so bad that one loss automatically strips these teams of all credibility while a 2 loss SEC team can win the national championship. So either USC, Ohio State, and Penn State quit losing on game a year or we start a playoff system.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It kind of difficult to assume teams such as UVA, Colorado, State, Arkansas, BYU and Hawaii are gonna be ranked year in and year out. Traditionally those teams have a good season every 3-5 years or even more infrequently when referring to Colorado State, BYU, and Hawaii. You have to understand as an AD that those teams are going to be hit or miss. But I guess USC gets an A for effort?

At the same time you can almost always assume Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, Auburn and K-State will be decent. So I can give some props there. Remember Sergio, I'm not the one who dissed on USC's non-con.

About your "always steps up" comment. I guess the Cardinal and the Beavers get up for big games too? My point is simple.

The USC teams of Carson Palmer and Matt Lineart were outstanding. Simply because those two could win close games. Under J.D. Booty and Mark Sanchez this hasn't been the case. Whenever the game falls into the hands of those two they choke.

What you have is a good USC team losing one game a season in a crappy Pac-10. It's the same thing Ohio State and Penn State face every year as well. The conferences are so bad that one loss automatically strips these teams of all credibility while a 2 loss SEC team can win the national championship. So either USC, Ohio State, and Penn State quit losing on game a year or we start a playoff system.
Yes, but my point is, those are not small schools that they are scheduling here.

They are not scheduling western kentucky, tulane, duke, citadel, appalachian state, and the like.

At WORST, they are mid-level teams from major conferences. The point being, is that you very rarely see other major teams do that.

and that is the point that I am trying to make with this, and I know that it wasn't you that made that remark.

And when I'm talking about big games, I am referring to major games against the major competition. I can't speak for what happened at Stanford and Ucla last year, but in the case of Oregon State, they are ranked #19 in the country. I'm speaking of the bowl games that they have been in the last 6 years, I'm talking about playing on the road and winning at Virginia Tech, shutting out then #6 Auburn on the road to start the season 5 years ago. That is what I'm trying to say

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yes, but my point is, those are not small schools that they are scheduling here.

They are not scheduling western kentucky, tulane, duke, citadel, appalachian state, and the like.

At WORST, they are mid-level teams from major conferences. The point being, is that you very rarely see other major teams do that.

and that is the point that I am trying to make with this, and I know that it wasn't you that made that remark.

And when I'm talking about big games, I am referring to major games against the major competition. I can't speak for what happened at Stanford and Ucla last year, but in the case of Oregon State, they are ranked #19 in the country. I'm speaking of the bowl games that they have been in the last 6 years, I'm talking about playing on the road and winning at Virginia Tech, shutting out then #6 Auburn on the road to start the season 5 years ago. That is what I'm trying to say
I don't think anyone will be scheduling Appy State for some time.:D

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #539
    I must say that the USC defense is the BEST defense I have EVER seen play. Ever. (like Banega) The problem here is not that USC had 266 total yards and Notre Dame had 9......at HALF TIME, but that since Oregon is laying the wood and shellacking that wood prior to laying it to Oregon State, Penn State may be in for the worst beating in their bowl history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)