American College Football (33 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i agree 100% but we all know that the BCS is not fair at all.

Recall when Auburn went undefeated and they were screwed out of the NC game while OU got spanked by KSU in the big12 championship game and OU still advanced to the NC where they were spanked by LSU. of course that year LSU and USC split the title but it was the ultimate proof that the BCS doesn't work and yet a deaf ear was turned toward the issue.

OSU accepted the contract with USC knowing that they were going to get pummeled. That money will go toward paying off more boosters and NCAA big wigs to keep the heat off the illegal recruiting and activities this program is soo deeply rooted in.

ND-USC is the most overrated "rivalry" in college football. Yes there are ND fans everywhere you go but honestly no one really cares about a game where you know that one team has no living chance to contend. Its a stat padding BCS resume glossening game foe USC and also a revenue stream for CFB and both schools.

I agreed with everything you said up until the last sentence. Pounding Notre Dame year after year, while it gives me a sense of unbridled joy, does not boost USC's BCS standings. Not when Notre Dame is as pathetic as they are.

God, how I would love to see USC play a Big 12 opponent, or an SEC opponent not named Auburn or Arkansas.

But the problem with that is, their conference schedules are so damn tough, that there is no way they would put USC on the schedule that early in the season. The only Big 12 team they've faced lately was Nebraska in a home and home, and we all know how that turned out

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
at least you are a long-term fan :pint:

i can't stand bandwagon fans that jumped aboard the carroll express
I actually hated the move at first. Didn't like it at all.

I wanted Mike Riley, or Nick Bellotti.

Then again, anything was better than the Paul Hackett era.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #508
    word, so i take it that you are a trojan fan?
    at least you are a long-term fan :pint:

i can't stand bandwagon fans that jumped aboard the carroll express
    Yea, he is not a bandwagon fan at all, Marcus Allen was terrible. Whenever someone asks "why do you like this team" and the answer is a player, you are a bandwagon fan. And also he is the ONLY USC fan from Providence or wherever you are from, broseph.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ßüякε;1799871 said:
    Yea, he is not a bandwagon fan at all, Marcus Allen was terrible. Whenever someone asks "why do you like this team" and the answer is a player, you are a bandwagon fan. And also he is the ONLY USC fan from Providence or wherever you are from, broseph.

Uhm. Ok Mike.

Whatever you say.

Because you know, I didn't have to sit through the Todd Marinovich Era of the late 80's, or deal with inept coaches such as Ted Tollner, Larry Smith or John Robinson the 2nd time around. Right.

Just like I didn't have to sit through a 13 year losing streak to Notre Dame, or not beating UCLA ONce during the 1990's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)