American College Football (24 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
At least our coach wasn't born and raised and praised in PA, won stuff for a few years at our school, then decided to fuck us over for Michigan like another guy from West Virginia..
At least our coach doesn't stay past his prime forcing students and alumni alike to sit through season after season of mediocre football. True our coach did turn traitor, but what was the bowl we were in last season and what was the name of the team we crushed in that game? Now ask the same question of Paterno's Shittany Lions.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #206
    You know that for sure? What, you're psychic or something?
    Not my words, the words of Larry Schultz, PSU grad and literal genius. He grades WVU Bar exams.
    At least our coach wasn't born and raised and praised in PA, won stuff for a few years at our school, then decided to fuck us over for Michigan like another guy from West Virginia..
    You can't win this argument.

...actually Enron just ripped you.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    At least our coach doesn't stay past his prime forcing students and alumni alike to sit through season after season of mediocre football. True our coach did turn traitor, but what was the bowl we were in last season and what was the name of the team we crushed in that game? Now ask the same question of Paterno's Shittany Lions.
    :lol2:

ooooooohhhhh countered!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We have been in some decent bowls in recent years too, such as the Orange Bowl against FSU.

As for the rest, hey, if you like winning and then being fucked over, be my guest.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #209
    i actually hope paterno outlasts bowden. i can't stand him or his toilet of a program
    Toilet of a program? FSU?

Sure they have had their problems, but PSU has had 166 arrests in the past 6 years. The point is, that makes Miami look like a convent. It is the most in NCAA D1A College Football at almost how many players a season? On average?

The reason this happens is because JoePa can no longer compete with other programs in terms of recruitment. He has to go after the great players who happen to be bad eggs. They are not being touched by other programs because they know they are Marcus Vicks. That's the fuckin' problem.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Not my words, the words of Larry Schultz, PSU grad and literal genius. He grades WVU Bar exams.

You can't win this argument.

...actually Enron just ripped you.
    Meh, whatever. You guys rip on Penn State nonstop.

The biggest ownage was big Rich cumming on your faces and then shitting on your chest, so kudos to him!

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #211
    Meh, whatever. You guys rip on Penn State nonstop.

The biggest ownage was big Rich cumming on your faces and then shitting on your chest, so kudos to him!
    lol then we won a BCS game and he's got a drop back QB to run the spread

Trust me, the only face Rod came on, was his own.

I bet you don't even know that after he made the decision to leave and announced it publicly, he came back to WVU asking to be reinstated. He realized he had made a hasty decision 2 or 3 days after losing the biggest game in college football history. He choked, he didn't know what to do, so he snapped. The guy LITERALLY didn't sleep for 2 nights. The thing is, the president of the university told him to fuck off. This president has since been fired for giving away a Masters degree to a girl who happens to be the niece or daughter of the Governor.

I don't rip on Penn State for no reason though, I rip on them because JoePa needs to leave (IMO) and they have a thug program.

Seems like a legitimate reason to me.

If you want to keep saying shit about Rich Rod, go for it. Everyone hates a winner.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Mediocre football? I'd say that's very harsh and unfounded. This record isn't that bad actually, as we have won most of our Bowl Games in the last decade or so.

1994 Joe Paterno Won Citrus Bowl
    1995 Joe Paterno Won Rose Bowl
    1996 Joe Paterno Won Outback Bowl
    1997 Joe Paterno Won Fiesta Bowl
    1998 Joe Paterno Lost Citrus Bowl
    1999 Joe Paterno Won Outback Bowl
    1999 Joe Paterno Won Alamo Bowl
    2003 Joe Paterno Lost Capital One Bowl
    2006 Joe Paterno Won Orange Bowl
    2007 Joe Paterno Won Outback Bowl
    2007 Joe Paterno Won Alamo Bowl

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #213
    Mediocre football? I'd say that's very harsh and unfounded. This record isn't that bad actually, as we have won most of our Bowl Games in the last decade or so.

Yea, those are top bowls....

:shifty:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    lol then we won a BCS game and he's got a drop back QB to run the spread

Trust me, the only face Rod came on, was his own.

I bet you don't even know that after he made the decision to leave and announced it publicly, he came back to WVU asking to be reinstated. He realized he had made a hasty decision 2 or 3 days after losing the biggest game in college football history. He choked, he didn't know what to do, so he snapped. The guy LITERALLY didn't sleep for 2 nights. The thing is, the president of the university told him to fuck off. This president has since been fired for giving away a Masters degree to a girl who happens to be the niece or daughter of the Governor.

I don't rip on Penn State for no reason though, I rip on them because JoePa needs to leave (IMO) and they have a thug program.

Seems like a legitimate reason to me.

If you want to keep saying shit about Rich Rod, go for it. Everyone hates a winner.
    You told me the whole story before. Whether it was a hasty decision or not, he still had it in him to leave like that, which is telling. He'll do fine in a few years at Michigan and forget all about his debacle departure from WVU.

Thug program? Yeah, I suppose you could say that. But none of that actually effects you or your program, so what's it matter? JoePa needs to go indeed but too many people try to make him out to be an asshole, including you guys. I know you hate JoePa and Penn State but at least give the guy at least an ounce of credit. I saw part of the "Behind the Lines" segment on ESPN regarding our problems, and it's almost like they painted JoePa in the same boat along with the arrested goons. The players on the team said it was a ludicrous way to paint the school, and I agree with them.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #215
    You told me the whole story before. Whether it was a hasty decision or not, he still had it in him to leave like that, which is telling. He'll do fine in a few years at Michigan and forget all about his debacle departure from WVU.

Thug program? Yeah, I suppose you could say that. But none of that actually effects you or your program, so what's it matter? JoePa needs to go indeed but too many people try to make him out to be an asshole, including you guys. I know you hate JoePa and Penn State but at least give the guy at least an ounce of credit. I saw part of the "Behind the Lines" segment on ESPN regarding our problems, and it's almost like they painted JoePa in the same boat along with the arrested goons. The players on the team said it was a ludicrous way to paint the school, and I agree with them.
    NCAA Sanctions don't hurt the program, you're right.

So we paint him out to be an asshole and so does ESPN?

But the players AT Penn State and the students AT Penn State don't?

I can't understand why.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    NCAA Sanctions don't hurt the program, you're right.

So we paint him out to be an asshole and so does ESPN?

But the players AT Penn State and the students AT Penn State don't?

I can't understand why.....
    Why is he an asshole then? Just because he (supposedly) wants to be the winningest coach in history?

Mr. Schultz doesn't know that for certain anyway. That's just speculation, although I'm sure he'd like to have that in his legacy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    And I think this will indeed be JoePa's last year. His contract is up and our school doesn't intend on giving him a new one (at this point at least).

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #218
    Why is he an asshole then? Just because he (supposedly) wants to be the winningest coach in history?

Mr. Schultz doesn't know that for certain anyway. That's just speculation, although I'm sure he'd like to have that in his legacy.
    Of course it's speculation. And I've told you why I think he is an asshole.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

You have to claw back almost 15 years to make your point. That's not a good sign. If Pete Carroll goes 2 years without competing for a National Title, his ass is canned. That's a real good record for a mediocre team, but if you want to claim greatness with a slate of Alamo and Citrus bowl victories you'll need to go elsewhere. Most of those bowls translate to a 3rd or 4th place finish in a mediocre Big Ten. And really how many of those bowl teams had less than 4 losses? Truth is, Penn State would be in a better position without Joe Pa than with him, the same can be said for Bowden at FSU. Those two old codgers are taking programs that used to compete for the national title year out and turning them into programs that are happy to get an Alamo bowl invite. Say what you want about WVU, Penn State has an overall better program given the history, but the TRUTH is WVU is on the rise, we've cut our dead weight (Nehlen) and Penn State hasn't. So when you go to watch Sportscenter highlights this year don't be surprised to see the Lions reeling from their third straight loss and WVU playing itself into another BCS bowl.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    You have to claw back almost 15 years to make your point. That's not a good sign. If Pete Carroll goes 2 years without competing for a National Title, his ass is canned. That's a real good record for a mediocre team, but if you want to claim greatness with a slate of Alamo and Citrus bowl victories you'll need to go elsewhere. Most of those bowls translate to a 3rd or 4th place finish in a mediocre Big Ten. And really how many of those bowl teams had less than 4 losses? Truth is, Penn State would be in a better position without Joe Pa than with him, the same can be said for Bowden at FSU. Those two old codgers are taking programs that used to compete for the national title year out and turning them into programs that are happy to get an Alamo bowl invite. Say what you want about WVU, Penn State has an overall better program given the history, but the TRUTH is WVU is on the rise, we've cut our dead weight (Nehlen) and Penn State hasn't. So when you go to watch Sportscenter highlights this year don't be surprised to see the Lions reeling from their third straight loss and WVU playing itself into another BCS bowl.
    You're not telling me something I already don't know, Enron. It takes a lot to have a top calibre program such as Carroll's, so those perennial forces in any sport are hard to come by. But after 42 years of managing this team, you cannot just toss the guy out on his ass without a valid reason when he's second in all time wins and first in bowl game wins, at least when he signed his last contract. Now, absolutely, it's time for him to retire and my school better not offer him another contract extension after this season.

And I don't need to watch Sportscenter to see my team play - I'll be either at the stadium or in front of a big screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)