Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (24 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'd also like to know why Melo is not Secco's mess.
Melo is a good player that we shouldn't even sell. Secco got us a good player. He dearly overpaid, but he did get us a good player that shouldn't be sold. Also, his wages match his quality, so they aren't high.
But when someone gifts Melo on loan for miserable 1.5m euro, then Melo becomes that guy's mess.

If Marotta sells Buffon for 6 million euro, I surely won't blame Moggi for signing Buffon for ~50 mil.

May 22, 2007
Melo is a good player that we shouldn't even sell. Secco got us a good player. He dearly overpaid, but he did get us a good player that shouldn't be sold. Also, his wages match his quality, so they aren't high.
But when someone gifts Melo on loan for miserable 1.5m euro, then Melo becomes that guy's mess.

If Marotta sells Buffon for 6 million euro, I surely won't blame Moggi for signing Buffon for ~50 mil.
I know Marotta has made stupid moves, but at the moment I cannot imagine why he'd give away Felipe Melo on loan for a small amount in the short run without some sort of guarantee of getting the rest later on. Especially when there is over a month to find other buyers for him. I don't think that we're getting a particularly bad deal if we receive €14.5m for him.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Alen, I don't think your Buffon comparison is apt with Melo. Buffon is one of the greatest of all time in his position, Melo is a good (at times very good) midfielder who is not indespensable.

I know thats not your intent to do that but I really think Melo is being overrated on these forums quite a bit.

And another thing, are we to blame Marotta if it's actually Conte who doesnt want him in the team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)