Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (152 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
So, about scoring goals, do we have to wait until we play Shamrock Rovers again?

We can arrange a mid season friendly I guess.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The reason why I dropped this term because some of our fans have/had high expectations for him, and asking for too much out of an ordinary striker. I agree he is a beast, works really hard, but working hard isn't enough.
Over the past year, I don't recall anybody claiming he'd be world class. Maybe some did after his performances in his first six months here, which wouldn't be an honest assessment back then either.

Nobody even had expectations for him over this summer either. Well, perhaps besides himself. I thought he'd at least score a few goals but in failing to do that, he needs to go. But lets not be revisionists here.

Aug 1, 2003
Come on man, have some faith in this guy. He needs it, even though he doesn't know we exist. I really want to see some games of him, where he isn't injured in the next game. What I mean is, let this guy play some matches without being injured. If he still sucks after a half season, send his ass to Germany.
We've given him PLENTY of time. Melo had one bad season, and has stepped up this time. Amauri is still not banging in those goals. He's a liability, if not him it's his salary anyway. IIRC even Iaquinta scored more with less minutes on the pitch. This guy is supposed to be our main striker. Our main striker does not score goals. I'm sorry, but he has to go.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Over the past year, I don't recall anybody claiming he'd be world class. Maybe some did after his performances in his first six months here, which wouldn't be an honest assessment back then either.

Nobody even had expectations for him over this summer either. Well, perhaps besides himself. I thought he'd at least score a few goals but in failing to do that, he needs to go. But lets not be revisionists here.
:agree:

Some thought so, after good performance in the beginnig and expected him to be a world beater, and when there was speculations of him going to Real Madrid at the time, many members completely refused the idea of him leaving us.
From what I remember, he had high expectations for himself this year and predicted around 20 goals which usually expected from top notch striker, and many believed in Amauri and fell in his trap. The guy is an average striker at best. Also based on what the old management paid for him, people are expecting/expected him to live up to his price tag. We just over piad for him, simple as that.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Inzaghi did more in the 25 odd minutes he got the other night against Real than Amauri has done for us in a year and a half, its time he was gone.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
What? I'm probably the most hated member here. In fact, I make an effort to be the most hated member here and you tell me I try so hard to be liked?

As for the retard part. I'm just going to be the bigger man and ignore you said that. You probably don't know any better.

What a wanker!:lol:
With very little effort, in light of my past work, mr blind, I could steal that much coveted title from you...don't push me.
:agree:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I did not see the game, but judging by the replies here, it was another one of those hard-working, linking-up well, almost in position to score games from our main attacking threat. :shifty:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lets talk some football here.

I wouldn't laugh or bash Amauri for last nights game, not at all. No service Amauri got as our wingers/flanks were shut down mostly, no essential assists or pass through, he didn't find himself in a 1 vs 1 position with a keeper or at least last defender. He did receive one okay cross from our primavera player and he was unfortunately blocked by two players.

We had a bad and unlucky night last game, so I wouldn't comment or say much about our players because it was expected after 5min of the start of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)