Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (8 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Not to single you two out, but this sort of commentary is just so tedious and downright stupid at this point in light of the circumstances as we know them.

Has it ever crossed your minds that maybe, just maybe, a guy who's gotten a once in a lifetime chance to play for a club like Juventus and subsequently been branded a failure might want some sort of redemption?

Fucking off to Turkey or France, or wherever, when you think (rightly or wrongly) that you could do better at the club you actually want to play for would be galling.

Fact is, it's not about the money for him. He turned down the same wages in addition to European games to stay.

He's on the heels of a very productive half-season at Parma. Do you really think his plan the whole time was to come back just to sit in the stands and collect a cheque weekly? For what purpose? Just to piss people off? Be serious.

To me, it seems like he's got a point to prove and thinks he can play his way back into the team.
It is a possibility, but very unlikely given the fact that it has been made abundantly clear he is not in Conte's plans. Adding a 7th striker in Vucinic should have hammered home that point even further.

Not only does he find himself in a situation where he is at a competitive disadvantage given the amount of players ahead of him who have been training all summer, but now the fans are firmly against him and management despise him even more.

It's a toxic situation any way you look at it, and I find it hard to believe he honestly believes he can win his spot back under these conditions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Near 3 years ago?

Amauri was a ghost when he played for us constantly falling to the ground and complaining to the referee. For such a big man there was times he added no presence and it was like we were playing with 10 men and he was extemely easy to mark even for the average Serie A Defender.

Toni on the other hand is also very limited but throws himself about being a nusiance, drawing fouls and has a better eye for goal than Amauri.

And yes Toni has contributed more in 5 months than Amauri has in 2 years.
Well, I'm not saying he should be a starter definitely but in case of emergency he may be useful. That's all I said. I don't disagree he was shit for 2 years. The right coach and the right players could make something out of him, just like in Parma. I just disagree about Toni as I think he is useless. Compare Amauri's 1st half of the 2008/09 season with Toni's 2nd half of the 2010/11 season with Juve and you will see that Amauri is superior. Toni was shit ever since he left Bayern.

Del piero is a legend, and you cant compare his situasion with anyone. Sissoko was good when he first came, but the last couple of years he was always horrible. He has some of the worst passing skills i have seen from a mid.
Sissoko is never miles ahead of piazenza as off 2011. And what does it mean that hes miles ahead of p. , atleast as a sub? either hes better or he is not.
Why does it matter if he is a legend? I don't see your point. Sissoko is miles ahead of Pazienza imo and I think we should have maybe kept him as a sub.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
i mean there is no reason to give amauri any more chances, 71 matches 17 goal is enough.

del piero on the other hand has proven himself and he was world class, amauri never was.

i dont understand how you can say sissoko is miles ahead of piazienza, sissoko had very few games for juve the laste two seasons. whenever i saw him play he was bad.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What did I just say? What the hell did I just say? I said confidence is a massive contributing factor to form so can you really find any reason other than lack of confidence and injury why Amauri played incredibly at Palermo, well for us for half a season and well for Parma for half a season and all of the sudden played so poorly between the beginning of winter 2009 and his loan during winter last season? Did he just fall over in the tub one day and not realise how to play football? You play in an interrupted squad and your form becomes interrupted. Strikers make good scapegoats because the buck stops at them, they need to score the goals, but there have been players here making an equally poor contribution to the club that are still lurking in the locker room who have half the talent and ability Amauri has shown over the years and even recently for Parma. Its those players that contribute to the goals just as much as any striker. If the whole team isn't ticking, then why should the forwards?
:tup:

Why don't you read my posts? I was just saying that if he were playing under circumstances that were helpful to a strikers form then he could potentially play well for us. He hasn't been contributing to the team because the team hasn't been contributing to our attack.

He's a good back up. I'd rather keep him then sell him for nothing or buy him out and buy a worse striker (probably an SS knowing Marotta) for more than we sold Amauri for.

Not to single you two out, but this sort of commentary is just so tedious and downright stupid at this point in light of the circumstances as we know them.

Has it ever crossed your minds that maybe, just maybe, a guy who's gotten a once in a lifetime chance to play for a club like Juventus and subsequently been branded a failure might want some sort of redemption?

Fucking off to Turkey or France, or wherever, when you think (rightly or wrongly) that you could do better at the club you actually want to play for would be galling.

Fact is, it's not about the money for him. He turned down the same wages in addition to European games to stay.

He's on the heels of a very productive half-season at Parma. Do you really think his plan the whole time was to come back just to sit in the stands and collect a cheque weekly? For what purpose? Just to piss people off? Be serious.

To me, it seems like he's got a point to prove and thinks he can play his way back into the team.

Love? No. More like acknowledging the potential usefulness of a player rather than spamming juvenile trite about how he's a "bad human being."

Del Piero is a world-class striker. The talent he has is extraordinary which definitely helped the process of recovering to full former.

I rather have neither Pazienza or Sissoko. I rather we kept Marchisio and Marrone or Giandonato to sub in for the CM positions.
Are there any guarantees Amauri will not return to his best again? And we kept Marchisio btw.

lol nah no special love. I just don't think he's that bad and think he would make an okay back up. Personally I can't stand members on here scapegoating players and simultaneously praising managers of the club when its their fault that all our good signings go to waste here because they interrupt and mismanage the club and its players.

Amauri also pretty much scored all his goals in the first half of his season. Its becoming a trend that players at Juventus play so well in their first few months at the club and later drop off. So there must be a problem with the club not the players.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i mean there is no reason to give amauri any more chances, 71 matches 17 goal is enough.

del piero on the other hand has proven himself and he was world class, amauri never was.

i dont understand how you can say sissoko is miles ahead of piazienza, sissoko had very few games for juve the laste two seasons. whenever i saw him play he was bad.
If certain players get injured, he may get his chance. Then it's up to him to prove he is not a failure. Del Piero is obviously better than Amauri, that was never in question. Comparing Sissoko's and Pazienza's careers, Sissoko is miles ahead. Understand now?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Which mother ....., son of a ....., piece of .... is comparing Amauri to Del Piero?
What I was trying to say if you're good player like Del Piero you'll be able to score goals no matter the situation of the team.

Whereas Amauri is shit, is a small club player, and should have been sent out before Melo, Ziegler, and others.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What I was trying to say if you're good player like Del Piero you'll be able to score goals no matter the situation of the team.

Whereas Amauri is shit, is a small club player, and should have been sent out before Melo, Ziegler, and others.
You make sense, Joe.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Who knows either way it was te worst decision of his life. Amauri wont see the field unless the unthinkable happens and with him not seeing the field non the the teams that offered him contracts will want a 32 year old player with no game time for 12 months. He shot him self in the ass with this one Hes either going to play with a relegation battling team in whatever country or a second division team.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
People really start to believe themself that amauri should get an other chance.
:sergio: that is exactly what this fucker wants.

Let him play in juve Z i rather play libertazzi or any other youth player instead of this moron.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Talk about determination, wow, you gotta respect that though. I do.
However, I doubt he'll ever get a chance to play, especially that there's no Europe this year.
He used to be so good at Palermo and he played some great games for Juve but not what we need.
Still, he's a better choice than Toni at the moment. Good luck for both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)