Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (31 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
No it's not. We can't depend on Chiellini or some Del Piero magics much more to score goals. We badly miss a prolific striker in our squad. Not saying Amauri is one, but he's the best we have currently.
6 goals in 2 games.

Del Piero and Chiellini didn't score on Sunday and we scored 3.

I'm not saying Amauri will not be useful, but sorting the defence is far more important.

And who is to say Amauri will score goals when he is back, he has struggled for goals for a while and Iaquinta outscored him last season?

I do think that Amauri will be better than last season, but thinking that he will suddenly score loads of goals or make us win again seems strange to me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
6 goals in 2 games.

I'm not saying Amauri will not be useful, but sorting the defence is far more important.

And who is to say Amauri will score goals when he is back, he has struggled for goals for a while and Iaquinta outscored him last season?

I do think that Amauri will be better than last season, but thinking that he will suddenly score loads of goals or make us win again seems strange to me.
Well said bud, well fucking said.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Amauri is the best we have? It is easy to say that now that Trez is gone and IQ is still getting back his full fitness. We have been depending on Chiellini and DP with Amauri playing just like today with IQ, what is your point?
What the fuck is your problem? Of course it is easy to say it now that Trezeguet is gone. Amauri IS a better player than Iaquinta, you should see that as well. What is the point in playing Iaquinta if our wingers (the fulcrum of our attacks), don't find anyone in the box?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
6 goals in 2 games.

Unfortunately Boksic, I'm not sure much will get sorted with the defense before January. And even then, I'm far from confident we'll properly address this seemingly perpetual, glaring deficiency.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Amauri also had a "new season, so called better team" last year too...still, I am trying to see your point.
My point is that Amauri is better than Iaquinta. At the very least he won't start counter attacks by heading fucking corner kicks 50 meters back into our own midfield. Even with all that hair in his face he can still head the ball in the right direction.

Oh and he can dribble a soccer ball too.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
6 goals in 2 games.

Ok. I'm not going to bother discussing with you if you keep twisting my words as you want. Who said he'll score goals for fun?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Unfortunately Boksic, I'm not sure much will get sorted with the defense before January. And even then, I'm far from confident we'll properly address this seemingly perpetual, glaring deficiency.
sad but true :agree:

Hopefully Chiellini and Bonucci will get a better understanding as the season goes on and that will belp, and Buffon coming back will help too.

But with fullbacks who cannot defend we are in trouble.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What the fuck is your problem? Of course it is easy to say it now that Trezeguet is gone. Amauri IS a better player than Iaquinta, you should see that as well. What is the point in playing Iaquinta if our wingers (the fulcrum of our attacks), don't find anyone in the box?
Easy killer. Don't mistake my arugment as hostility here.

What is the point in playing Amauri if our wingers (the fulcrum of our attacks), don't find anyone in the box that can consistently hit the ball on target?

All their hard work, again, will be done in vain. I rate IQ just about the same as I do Amauri, but to weaken your argument again, IQ has had 26 goals in 68 games for juve while your boy Amauri has had 17 goals in 62 games. Who exactly, is the better goal scorer then?

A job is a job is a job....IQ does his better.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ok. I'm not going to bother discussing with you if you keep twisting my words as you want. Who said he'll score goals for fun?
I'm not twisting your words, maybe I misunderstood you. But I thought that you were implying that when Amauri got back he would suddenly start scoring goals and we would win again.

If you didn't mean that then I apologise.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not twisting your words, maybe I misunderstood you. But I thought that you were implying that when Amauri got back he would suddenly start scoring goals and we would win again.

He must be sensitive today because he isn't exactly being diplomatic with me either.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Easy killer. Don't mistake my arugment as hostility here.

What is the point in playing Amauri if our wingers (the fulcrum of our attacks, don't find anyone in the box that can consistently hit the ball on target?

All their hard work, again, will be done in vain. I rate IQ just about the same as I do Amauri, but to weaken your argument again, IQ has had 26 goals in 68 games for juve while your boy Amauri has had 17 goals in 62 games. Who exactly, is the better goal scorer then?

A job is a job is a job....IQ does his better.
Oh, so he's "my" boy now? :lol:

There is no point in showing those stats. We were playing a very different formation last season, a formation which can easily reflect badly on a striker like Amauri if not utilized properly. As you saw 2 seasons ago, Amauri was a different player for us.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

No need to apologise.

He would give a better dimension to our game, that's for sure.

He must be sensitive today because he isn't exactly being diplomatic with me either.
I still love you, big time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh, so he's "my" boy now? :lol:

There is no point in showing those stats. We were playing a very different formation last season, a formation which can easily reflect badly on a striker like Amauri if not utilized properly. As you saw 2 seasons ago, Amauri was a different player for us.
Fake
a
n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)