Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (30 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I do think that Amauri will be better than last season, but thinking that he will suddenly score loads of goals or make us win again seems strange to me.
Since we now play a wider system that sends in good/mediocre crosses, Amauri could be useful and probably would score more than last season. That's just an analysis on his, and the team's, strengths and weaknesses.

Iaquinta isn't as good as Amauri in fighting off defenders. At his prime in his first six months here, the latter was really tough for defenses to handle. I don't see a reason why he couldn't regain that form under a similar system, apart from poor coaching.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Iaquinta isn't as good as Amauri in fighting off defenders. At his prime in his first six months here, the latter was really tough for defenses to handle. I don't see a reason why he couldn't regain that form under a similar system, apart from poor coaching.
Iaquinta's movement was really poor last night.

Time and again Krasic was getting in good crossing positions, and the situation was crying out for Iaquinta to make a front post run to get in front of defenders.

Instead, he was waiting at the back post for Krasic to put in an incredible cross, which was somehow supposed to beat about five defenders and the 'keeper to land perfectly on Iaquinta's head.

I miss Trezeguet.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Since we now play a wider system that sends in good/mediocre crosses, Amauri could be useful and probably would score more than last season. That's just an analysis on his, and the team's, strengths and weaknesses.

I agree with most of what you say, but I just don't see him ever getting back to the form he showed in the first few months of his Juve career. We played the same system in the second half of the season and he didn't manage to reproduce that form.

However, I hope he can do this and he certainly gives us something different upfront.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

i agree, amauri has the potential.

besides beeing tough to handle, and pretty good at holding up a ball, reminding to zlatan sometimes, his positioning also isnt bad.
with krasic bursting down flanks, i expect to see alot of danger from backpasses from the goalline.

i'm also convinced quag and amauri would make a good duo. atm the entire defence is on quag, and 1 follows del piero who is to slow to loose his marker, iaq is to stupid to loose his marker. with amauri and quag moving in the box when a winger hits the goalline and cuts it back, there is alot of possibilities.
and also dont forget melo's ranged abilities outside the box.

i hope we can see a bit of quag-amauri today, while krasic and melo are on the field.
maybe even aqua on the field at that time aswel.
god bless del neri with good timed subs and give krasic the stamina for '90

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Iaquinta's movement was really poor last night.

Time and again Krasic was getting in good crossing positions, and the situation was crying out for Iaquinta to make a front post run to get in front of defenders.

Instead, he was waiting at the back post for Krasic to put in an incredible cross, which was somehow supposed to beat about five defenders and the 'keeper to land perfectly on Iaquinta's head.

I miss Trezeguet.
I recall the days when we just signed Iaquinta and Barkuss was convincing me how he was superior to Trezeguet in every single way. :touched:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Seriously, cut it out, the guy is handicapped. I can't understand how and why people are still defending him while it's perfectly normal to bash someone like Grygera! Both have been shit for quite long time. At least, Zdeněk have been warming the bench more often while Mr. Amauri has been fucking our attacking football for almost 2 seasons.

He wont get more than 15 goals this season
His personal best is 15 goals and he did it once in 07/08. This Amauri has no chance getting close to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)