Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (30 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Yes but would he go to Russia after everything?

Young players usually go there to prove themselves and get stronger for tougher leagues. Don't know why would Amauri accept it.
For money. I don't think there is a club in Italy which is prepared to pay €3,5m for his services each year. Spain, Valencia could be a possibility. England, I doubt it.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Yes but would he go to Russia after everything?

Young players usually go there to prove themselves and get stronger for tougher leagues. Don't know why would Amauri accept it.
The same reason why Kuranyi has gone there. Amauri will not play for the Italian NT, he might as well make some money in Russia.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Obviously being at a match is much better than watching the tele.

My whole thing in this is just that with what Boksic said, it proves that Amauri isn't that poor. He was a beast against Red Bull -- fast, strong and threatening.
Just because he was good against a terrible team in a meaningless game, doesn't mean he is a good player.

One swallow does not make a summer.

Fact is the guy was awful last season, and when I saw him in a meaningful game he only confirmed that.

There is a huge difference between watching a game on TV and in the stadium. Like Red said you cannot see the positioning, awareness, off the ball movement when you watch on TV.

But of course my opinion is not the same as yours so I must automatically be wrong :lol:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Only a complete moron will defend Amauri staying at Juve from this point on. If Valencia or the Russians are willing to pay 12 million Euros or even more as I heard there were rumors about then we should take the money and run as fast as we can. It really is a no brainer and please don't let me read shit like "he was good against Red Bull" one more time. What a joke. :lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just because he was good against a terrible team in a meaningless game, doesn't mean he is a good player.

One swallow does not make a summer.

Fact is the guy was awful last season, and when I saw him in a meaningful game he only confirmed that.

There is a huge difference between watching a game on TV and in the stadium. Like Red said you cannot see the positioning, awareness, off the ball movement when you watch on TV.

But of course my opinion is not the same as yours so I must automatically be wrong :lol:
You're not too bright, are you.

You are addressing points I've never made. All I did was respond to your post about seeing a player in a flesh, a post in which you were wrong about, proven by Amauri's performance at the stadium.

Just accept that, and move on.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I thought I was in your 'ignore' list, right? :shifty:

Keep 'em coming, clearly you think that any opinion opposing yours is always dumb. Good luck with that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's a dumb comment on multiple levels. But the major point of contention would be that we could obviously sell Amauri for at least 6M Euros, which would recoup much of his wage expenditure. We would not be able to recoup his transfer fee, of course, but the least we could do is take care of his wages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)