Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (59 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I don't give a shit about what people think, I'll post when I want to express myself.
I'm not here to belittle posters like you do.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: Andy, you really need to give people a break. I love your passion and enthusiasm, but you can't keep discrediting and bashing people for disagreeing with you. After all, it's called an opinion for a reason.

I think Amauri can be a beast, but he has failed miserably this season (so has everyone else for that matter).

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I watched Amauri in Jersey, and he was our best player.

So your post is nonsense.
I'm not looking to argue or be a douche. Just a legit general question. So, our best player was Amauri who scored only once when we were down 3-0 against Red Bulls in the 90th minute? And if so, is this more of a testament to him being good, or the rest of our team being very bad?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Amauri in the 2008/2009 season was a beast when everybody played well. He underperformed last season like 95% of the team did. I don't understand why everyone scapegoats him.
He was a beast in the first half of 2008/2009 season. It has been all down hill since then. He was still not our worst player last season though.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Amauri can be useful when it comes to some play IMO while Iaquinta can't be useful anyhow and he can't suit our play.
Iaquinta will be more useful IMO. Apart from his finishing (which is dreadful) he can be more useful to the team. Otherwise the team will have to practice delivering balls to Amauri's head for the rest of his time here.

Amauri
Iaquinta
Trez

Thats how I want the players gone, and I genuinely hope Trez stays. Buy a player for Amauri+IQ and then promote Immobile.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
icεmαή;2515409 said:
Iaquinta will be more useful IMO. Apart from his finishing (which is dreadful) he can be more useful to the team. Otherwise the team will have to practice delivering balls to Amauri's head for the rest of his time here.

Amauri
Iaquinta
Trez

Thats how I want the players gone, and I genuinely hope Trez stays. Buy a player for Amauri+IQ and then promote Immobile.
Iaquinta runs and it'd be a bad duo to play him along side with Dzeko for example. He wouldn't add anything and it would seem like we're playing with 10 players IMO.

He could be useful for 4-3-3 but I doubt we're going to use it. Amauri had a disaster season, but lets not fool ourselves, they were all shit. I think he can still be great.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Like I pointed out earlier, Amauri had a bad season and a half. He can never be great, just like how Iaquinta can never be great. The reason why I'd keep Iaquinta is that he has shown in the past to be able to stay on the bench without cribbing. And he has been good as a sub too.

Dec 31, 2008
If clubs are interested in Amauri and Iaquinta with decent offers plus if we have a chance on Benzema or Dzeko then Marotta should go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)