Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (54 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes my post must be nonsense because you watched him being the best player in a meaningless match against poor opposition when most of the team is away on international duty.

:lol:
And they still beat us.

But lets be honest here, your comment was dumb. I showed why it was dumb. Just accept that and move on.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not really, Andy.

I don't think you can truly see how good, bad or otherwise a player is until you actually see them.

On TV you only see what they are doing when the camera is on him, but you get a far better idea of a player when you see them in the flesh.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I've only seen Amauri twice in the Stadio once this season and once last season. The difference in a player a year on was frightening to be honest. However I think Amauri can still do a role at Juventus. I'd get rid of Iaquinta before him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think that's bullshit, but I'll humor you for a bit, Red.

Since Amauri was our best player last Sunday, and I saw him in the flesh, that means I can genuinely say that he isn't as bad as folks say he is.

Boksic is just wrong, whatever way you take it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think that's bullshit, but I'll humor you for a bit, Red.

Since Amauri was our best player last Sunday, and I saw him in the flesh, that means I can genuinely say that he isn't as bad as folks say he is.

Boksic is just wrong, whatever way you take it.
I'm not speaking about Amauri in particular. I think we both know he hasn't been half as bad this season as most people round here would have you believe.

I believe it is far harder to judge a player based on watching TV. You can easily see more tangible things like their technique on TV, but it is much easier to judge things like awareness, positional sense and off the ball movement when you are in the stadium.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not speaking about Amauri in particular. I think we both know he hasn't been half as bad this season as most people round here would have you believe.

I believe it is far harder to judge a player based on watching TV. You can easily see more tangible things like their technique on TV, but it is much easier to judge things like awareness, positional sense and off the ball movement when you are in the stadium.
The only reason for that is because sometimes the camera view doesn't show the player in question.

But when the player is in view, there is no difference.

So I will respectfully disagree in that respect.

Either way, Boksic is still wrong.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The only reason for that is because sometimes the camera view doesn't show the player in question.
Exactly.

I want to know if a striker is making a run when the CB is in possession and I want to know if the CB is still concentrating and marking his man when the ball is at the other end of the pitch.

I find just seeing the small area of the pitch where the ball is at any given time rather frustrating.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly.

I want to know if a striker is making a run when the CB is in possession and I want to know if the CB is still concentrating and marking his man when the ball is at the other end of the pitch.

I find just seeing the small area of the pitch where the ball is at any given time rather frustrating.
Obviously being at a match is much better than watching the tele.

My whole thing in this is just that with what Boksic said, it proves that Amauri isn't that poor. He was a beast against Red Bull -- fast, strong and threatening.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I understand what you're saying mate. But you're talking to the wrong guy, I'm 100% anti amauri and have bben since before he even moved here, I've seen him in the flesh and I must say my opinion of him in my view was totally justified, the best I've seen amauri was on tv when he threw himself like a wild dog at john terry last season in the champs league second leg, a time when the while team was giving all they got.
Is amauri that dependant on team morale?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I understand what you're saying mate. But you're talking to the wrong guy, I'm 100% anti amauri and have bben since before he even moved here, I've seen him in the flesh and I must say my opinion of him in my view was totally justified.
No problem everyone is entitled to their opinion. His first season he was a monster with us and the Anti-Amauri brigade could not deny it so kept quiet. They soon came out of the woodwork this season though which I thought was abit weak from them. Granted people doubted him, for me in his first season he silenced the doubters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)