Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (15 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there(well partially). I wouldn't say most of our chances but if we are going to pay a striker as much money as we do him I am going to expect more than just chesting the ball down or heading it to another player. He needs to produce goals, neither his shooting nor his chesting/heading are going this.

Also, those who in the past claimed that he was playing poorly as a result of him not scoring is a lot of crap. The team played well yesterday, moving the ball, passing, defending (not grygrea). We controlled the game, producing chances but still, this had no affect on our striker, Amauri.
The team didn't play that well yesterday.

There was more drive and energy, but a lack of real quality to create chances.

The way Juve played last night (trying to play through the middle of Lazio a lot) meant that Amauri had to play most of the game with his back to goal to link up with Del Piero and Diego with little one-twos around the edge of the area.

There was also very little space in and around the box because Lazio were defending deep in numbers. This means that chances are always more likely to come from shot from the edge of the box, which they did last night. Anything other that a really good cross or a brilliant through ball is unlikely to create a chance for the main centre forward, especially if that centre forward is not a natural goalscorer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there(well partially). I wouldn't say most of our chances but if we are going to pay a striker as much money as we do him I am going to expect more than just chesting the ball down or heading it to another player. He needs to produce goals, neither his shooting nor his chesting/heading are going this.

Also, those who in the past claimed that he was playing poorly as a result of him not scoring is a lot of crap. The team played well yesterday, moving the ball, passing, defending (not grygrea). We controlled the game, producing chances but still, this had no affect on our striker, Amauri.
you are looking sexy with this post :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The team didn't play that well yesterday.

There was more drive and energy, but a lack of real quality to create chances.

The way Juve played last night (trying to play through the middle of Lazio a lot) meant that Amauri had to play most of the game with his back to goal to link up with Del Piero and Diego with little one-twos around the edge of the area.

There was also very little space in and around the box because Lazio were defending deep in numbers. This means that chances are always more likely to come from shot from the edge of the box, which they did last night. Anything other that a really good cross or a brilliant through ball is unlikely to create a chance for the main centre forward, especially if that centre forward is not a natural goalscorer.
Ok, then the team didn't play well. Amauri still did not have one shot on goal, did he? He played a full game and all we got out of it was a header to a teammate and a few controlled chest passes:sergio:

Is that enough to earn him his pay check? I don't know how many times you saw them try and go through the middle. I do remember countless wide balls to Grygera especially the first half with him pushing forward, not to mention De Ceglie doing the same with the overlapping between he and Candreva. I not only saw "through the middle" but I also saw a lot of wide play.

Why don't we change the tactics of the other 9 field players to suit Amauri since he has this inherit inability to change the way he plays to suit the team and still score?

Players should learn to adapt to still be effective regardless if the tactical system suits them or not. Granted they might not be as effective but that shouldn't limit them completely.

@Albert: thanks:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ok, then the team didn't play well. Amauri still did not have one shot on goal, did he? He played a full game and all we got out of it was a header to a teammate and a few controlled chest passes:sergio:

Is that enough to earn him his pay check? I don't know how many times you saw them try and go through the middle. I do remember countless wide balls to Grygera especially the first half with him pushing forward, not to mention De Ceglie doing the same with the overlapping between he and Candreva. I not only saw "through the middle" but I also saw a lot of wide play.

Why don't we chance the tactics of the other 9 field players to suit Amauri since he has this inherit inability to change the way he plays to suit the team and still score?

Players should learn to adapt to still be effective regardless if the tactical system suits them or not. Granted they might not be as effective but that shouldn't limit them completely.

@Albert: thanks:tup:
I'm not saying I approve of Amauri's style of play (I prefer poachers), but I don't see the point in criticising him for his style of play.

Juve got the ball wide, but only to pass the ball back into the middle. It has been proven time and again that there is very little prospect of Amauri being a goal threat when there aren't a lot of good crosses coming in.

I don't mind how Amauri played last night. He provided a focal point for the attack and he provided better service to Del Piero and Diego than pretty much anyone else.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It's funny. The longer Amauri plays like a bag of shit, the more aggressive the fanboys become in their defending. I'm sure they're just waiting for the day Amauri gets a goal so they can run straight to this thread and declare the realists retards.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's funny. The longer Amauri plays like a bag of shit, the more aggressive the fanboys become in their defending. I'm sure they're just waiting for the day Amauri gets a goal so they can run straight to this thread and declare the realists retards.
Exactly. And they always predict his 'goal' before every match. I wonder what are the odds in betting agencies for Amauri to score right now. Pathetic.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Almost like another player at our club. Del Piero.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
but that scenario applies to any player here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Last DP goal was 24 hours ago. Last Amauri goal was 2520 hours ago. You do the math.
Oh SNAP:snoop:
Wow a non existent penalty. Must of been hard for him to score.
And the one before that? Or was he just lucky to have hit it so perfectly out of the air nicely into the far post? DP has been gone all season and he already has half as many goals as Amauri in 2 games...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)