Alvaro Morata (23 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Thats kind of my point. Suarez would be a poor signing to play with Ronaldo imo.

He was also god-awful in CL. 0 goals - 0 assists in 6 matches.
Morata was bad in CL as well. I am not convinced his 6 goals against Dynamo and Ferencvaros was the difference between GS exit and round of 16 exit. He came short against all half decent sides except 1 match against Lazio.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Morata was bad in CL as well. I am not convinced his 6 goals against Dynamo and Ferencvaros was the difference between GS exit and round of 16 exit. He came short against all half decent sides except 1 match against Lazio.
It entirely was the difference seeing as no one else did fuck all in group stage lol. Without his goals we crash out in the group.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And the difference between us challenging for and possibly winning the league title this year, instead of struggling for fourth place was that we couldn’t beat sides like Benevento, Crotone, Hellas, Viola. Beat those minnow sides and we finish with ~90 pts. Our dropped points against teams we easily should have beat are what killed us this year. Not splitting home and away with Inter, Milan, Napoli, etc. That’s to be somewhat expected when competition is stiff. The team who doesn’t drop points against the shit is the team that comes out on top.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
A very good season from Alvaro. 20 goals and 13 assists is a very nice return for someone we paid only €10m for over the season. Hope we keep him here again for next year and then maybe look for someone else afterwards. He’s done a good job for us, other than the spell he had for a month or two after contracting that weird virus.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Depends on who joins and leaves...if we could land vlahovic here on a similar deal to chiesa...then I'd sacrifice morata. If ronaldo and dybala both leave then another season at 10m for morata makes sense from a squad rotation perspective.

Morata dybala vlahovic chiesa kulu as the final third group wouldn't be so bad.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

10m for another year. Yes or no? Or should we look to try and buy him? Thoughts?

I am happy with him staying.
Arthur is a known commodity in La Liga, maybe a straight swap with Morata would be of interest for Atletico. Even though Arthur is absolutely not a Simeone type of player but who knows, Joao Felix isn't either and they paid 120m for him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Arthur is a known commodity in La Liga, maybe a straight swap with Morata would be of interest for Atletico. Even though Arthur is absolutely not a Simeone type of player but who knows, Joao Felix isn't either and they paid 120m for him.
Consistent rumors that AM want Bentancur. I think he would be the chip to use, doubt Arthur is a Simone type player.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

10m for another year. Yes or no? Or should we look to try and buy him? Thoughts?

I am happy with him staying.
with the potential mess in the attacking department, his history with allegri, and based on the season he had, easy yes.

35m buyout option for next summer to be negotiated though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
with the potential mess in the attacking department, his history with allegri, and based on the season he had, easy yes.

35m buyout option for next summer to be negotiated though.
I would find it odd we spend another 10m without negotiating a final fee. Either buy him or buy a striker outright maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the buyout option is 55m.
Give them bentancur and 20m and call it a deal? :grin:

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@K.O.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/welcome-home-alvaro

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement with Atletico de Madrid for the temporary acquisition, until the end of 2020/2021 sportive season, of the registration rights of the player Álvaro Morata has been finalized for a consideration of € 10 million, to be paid during current financial year.
The agreement further entails:

• • The right for Juventus to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights by the end of the 2020/2021 season for a consideration of € 45 million to be paid in three financial year;
  • • The right for Juventus to extend the temporary acquisition of the player’s registrations until the end of the 2021/2022 season for a consideration of € 10 million;
  • • The right for Juventus to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights by the end of the 2021/2022 season for a consideration of € 35 million to be paid in three financial year.
i mean next year he's 29, we'll see whether he'll be worth 35m or not. age should be considered, we don't want an other higuain situation, even if the fee would be much more modest.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
@K.O.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement with Atletico de Madrid for the temporary acquisition, until the end of 2020/2021 sportive season, of the registration rights of the player Álvaro Morata has been finalized for a consideration of € 10 million, to be paid during current financial year.

• • The right for Juventus to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights by the end of the 2020/2021 season for a consideration of € 45 million to be paid in three financial year;
  • • The right for Juventus to extend the temporary acquisition of the player’s registrations until the end of the 2021/2022 season for a consideration of € 10 million;
  • • The right for Juventus to definitely acquire the player’s registrations rights by the end of the 2021/2022 season for a consideration of € 35 million to be paid in three financial year.
i mean next year he's 29, we'll see whether he'll be worth 35m or not. age should be considered, we don't want an other higuain situation, even if the fee would be much more modest.
I agree 35m is a bit excessive. In that case, it would be safer to pay 10m loan fee, see how it's going and then negotiate a lower fee next year.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
When we take the 10M loan for next year we already investing too much for loan move if we dont take the option
That is the main problem

I think if we want to move out we must take Vlahovic in similar style with this transfer (Chiesa / Morata transfer style)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
@K.O.

The 10 mil extension makes sense with him turning 29. See what transpires with Max back if he shits the bed addios if he becomes very good than maybe y9u negotiate the 35 mil me at 30 I'd probably let him go

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think it will be better if we can do the same structure (start again) for Vlahovic and scrap Morata altogether
If we had to choose then I agree. But I would have thought if ronaldo was leaving...dybala and vlahovic wouldn't be enough for the season. Depending on what allegri is planning but we may need morata for rotation...morata with vlahovic and dybala...chiesa kulu and Cuadrado...gives us enough for that final third??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)