• This poll will close: .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juventus: give us a discount
Atletico: no
Juventus: ok here is 10M

Gremio: give us for free
Juventus: ok
meh. It’s really not expensive when compared to the transfer fee yearly cost plus much higher wages of signing any top striker to replace his 32 goals plus assists this year.

Hopefully he’s even better next year under a far better coach in Max and in front of a far more functional team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
meh. It’s really not expensive when compared to the transfer fee yearly cost plus much higher wages of signing any top striker to replace his 32 goals plus assists this year.

Hopefully he’s even better next year under a far better coach in Max and in front of a far more functional team.
The point is, we always give in to everyone demands, and let others screw us. If Morata is not bought in a year, that will be 20M we spent on a 2 year loan. Yes Morata contributed, but our negotiating position should have been better, and we should have done this on our terms. And not just this one but in general, we always give in

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The point is, we always give in to everyone demands, and let others screw us. If Morata is not bought in a year, that will be 20M we spent on a 2 year loan. Yes Morata contributed, but our negotiating position should have been better, and we should have done this on our terms. And not just this one but in general, we always give in
Oh I don’t disagree that we should go in harder in negotiations, but all the same Morata at 20 mil fee for 2 years really isn’t much, given the the thought of buying a similar level, in their prime replacement. And I’d assume management thinks the same. Especially if Atletico has others interested him on a similar deal or actual purchase.

Wages will be higher and transfer fee would work out to similar cost/year on anyone decent, and dependent on age, we shall have a hell of a time selling an Icardi type 4 years later in their thirties on big wages.

I’d rather renew Morata, deal with the midfield mess, then go for a top class new striker next summer.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh I don’t disagree that we should go in harder in negotiations, but all the same Morata at 20 mil fee for 2 years really isn’t much, given the the thought of buying a similar level, in their prime replacement. And I’d assume management thinks the same. Especially if Atletico has others interested him on a similar deal or actual purchase.

Wages will be higher and transfer fee would work out to similar cost/year on anyone decent, and dependent on age, we shall have a hell of a time selling an Icardi type 4 years later in their thirties on big wages.

I’d rather renew Morata, deal with the midfield mess, then go for a top class new striker next summer.
Yes it's not expensive and we get a good player, I think he'd pay back those 20M in the CL as a super sub at some point, it's just the principle of things for me. Be assured if we had Morata leaving us, it would have been on a much worse deal than what Atletico did. But also, I'd for example rather if we tried to make it permanent this summer, and try to offer them someone like Berna or Bentancur in exchange to drive the price down. He's at home here and really should stay. He will play well for atleast another 3-4 years definitely, and you kinda need a CF off the bench that can change things up with his presence. But let's see, my feeling tells me he returns to Madrid in a year

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Without Morata early on in league play no CL qualification. We want him to be more but the guy gets goals/assists. Maybe he could have gotten more if not deferring to CR7 too often? He's a given while looking for someone else is not.
1622731690594.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)