Alvaro Morata (12 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
makes 100% sense, we won't get anyone better for 10m for the next season.

i doubt we'll activate his buyout option though.
Agree on the 10m..makes too much sense.

Its a make lr break season for him...if he stays fit and delivers for the majority of the season we will activate.

If we can keep ronaldo dybala and morata..we just need one more..kean maybe???

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Back to being inconsistent trash again

The commentator was right. He lacks the killer instinct to be a starter at top clubs.
Inconsistent trash? Lol c’mon.

He has 16 goals-10 assists on the season. And set up Ronaldo for his chance that led to the penalty. So even in a bad game, he provides something.

His finishing has been inconsistent the past few weeks, but he’s hardly “inconsistent trash”. That’s nonsense.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Inconsistent trash? Lol c’mon.

He has 16 goals-10 assists on the season. And set up Ronaldo for his chance that led to the penalty. So even in a bad game, he provides something.

His finishing has been inconsistent the past few weeks, but he’s hardly “inconsistent trash”. That’s nonsense.
Sorry but we're in big trouble if Morata is leading the line post Ronaldo like so many here want.
He should be nothing more than first change sub if we want to win titles.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sorry but we're in big trouble if Morata is leading the line post Ronaldo like so many here want.
He should be nothing more than first change sub if we want to win titles.
Disagree. Our midfield is our problem, not our attack up front. Morty has 1 less goal than Dybala did last year in all comps, with a dozen matches left. Ronaldo’s on pace to score more than last year.

And no, I don’t want Morata being our main goalscorer. That’s not him. But he could definitely be our main CF, playing beside a goalscoring SS or goalscoring wingers. Just like he was when we almost won a treble in 2014-15 and during our fantastic finish to the 2015-16 season. Or like Mandzukic was at Bayern when they won CL with him as their CF, looking pretty much unstoppable even though he wasn’t banging 30+ goals.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don’t think anyone wants him as our main scorer. He’s a 15-20 goals and 10-15 assists type of CF (in all comps), who can partner a goalscoring SS or winger(s) very well.
Who's that goalscoring SS/winger? Please don't tell me it's Dybala. Both don't have that killer instinct to lead the line for a club of this standard.
After Ronaldo, I'd rather we go with a conventional setup. A traditional, proper goalscoring CF flanked by wingers.
Morata is merely starting here because he is a facilitator to Ronaldo and a better compliment to Ronaldo than say, Dybala. In normal circumstances, he wouldn't have been the CF that we would've picked to carry us forward.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Who's that goalscoring SS/winger? Please don't tell me it's Dybala. Both don't have that killer instinct to lead the line for a club of this standard.
After Ronaldo, I'd rather we go with a conventional setup. A traditional, proper goalscoring CF flanked by wingers.
Morata is merely starting here because he is a facilitator to Ronaldo and a better compliment to Ronaldo than say, Dybala. In normal circumstances, he wouldn't have been the CF that we would've picked to carry us forward.
Well, poor you, you shall just have to suck it up for another season watching Ronaldo-Morata or Dybala-Morata. :p

With a proper midfield and replacing Sandro with a FB who actually gives a shit and is competent, I think either of those forward pairings will win Serie A and make us a CL contender.

I could give two shits that Morata had a bad KO performance for the first time in his career for us. It sucks, sure, but it’s hardly indicative of his CL performances for us. That’s what? 1 of 6 now. He was great against Dortmund, Monaco (won us the penalty that won that round), Madrid, Barca, Bayern. Was second top scorer in entire CL group stage this year, the only reason we topped our group and got to play Porto. Talk about “what have you Don for me lately” bias... he has a goal or assist every 80 minutes so far this season. So let’s not pretend he’s been bad or been trash. That’s rubbish.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have no idea if Dybala has that killer instinct. He’s a pure goalscorer, and the club, since after his first season, in which he was great, has partnered him with a pure goalscoring forward which has limited that part of his game to some degree.

Hence the reason I want to see what Dybala can do with a CF like Morata who is about as pass-first as they come, and a winger/wide mid like Chiesa creating. He might surprise a lot of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)