Alvaro Morata (11 Viewers)

Jul 3, 2020
How does it bother me? I've already stated quite clearly I want our players to do well irrelevant of whether I wanted them in the first place. Actually take my advice. Read what I said before you draw dumbfounded conclusions. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Its as if you havent read a single thing I've said.

Firstly let's get this clear

Aside from the roma game I've not criticised him

I'm happy for him and the team that he's scored

I suggested morata when we were struggling with higuain under sarri's tenure. I'll even find that post if you're too lazy to do that even!

Yes he wasnt my first choice as I would have preferred either one of dzeko and suarez for different reasons, that doesn't mean I dislike him, and I'm quite entitled to that opinion given suarez and dzeko has been posting up impressive numbers for years.

Am I getting ahead of myself because hes scored against Kiev and crotone? No I've seen morata have consistency issues throughout his career to suggest that he's not the long term answer. Again another valid point backed up with his career stats.

Thank you
Get over yourself Bro. Football is for entertainment. Live a little

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah because morata is 39 years old like those 2 :tup:
could you break down those numbers?
10 mill fee this season,
another 10 mill next season with option to buy for another 35 mill on top or 45 mill buy out after this season - thats 55 mill in total. Plus his 6 mill in wages.

I'm still yet to be convinced he's worth the investment long term.

Short term its hard to argue against Dzeko and Suarez (if he didn't have passport issues)

Either way I'm just glad we didn't get milik. Like I said when the whole milik stories were hotting up I had named dropped morata as a better option.

Jul 3, 2020
10 mill fee this season,
another 10 mill next season with option to buy for another 35 mill on top or 45 mill buy out after this season - thats 55 mill in total. Plus his 6 mill in wages.

Short term its hard to argue against Dzeko and Suarez (if he didn't have passport issues)

Either way I'm just glad we didn't get milik. Like I said when the whole milik stories were hotting up I had named dropped morata as a better option.
If J.Sancho is worth 100 and Harry”coke machine” Maguire is worth 90. I’m very happy with 27 year old Alvaro at 55

- - - Updated - - -

10 mill fee this season,

It’s like an Oort Cloud has shrouded your judgement

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
10 mill fee this season,

Lets hope he does well here, because for 55 mills over 3 years for an effective 9 who could last us like 5 years of service..is. agreat business in my eyes.

it all depends if he can continue his form thru his loan spell here..but the signals are positive at least for now.

Also, i dont think Juve will do super heavy investments in the upcoming mercatos because as we have seen...we invested in attackers (kulu chiesa morata)...we have some young midfielders to work with, and we have a solid defensive line for the future in demiral deligt.

In the coming mercatos we will most likely continue filing the gaps of the team (Fullbacks, Chiello replacement, and maybe replace a future fluke of the current team) and im pretty sure we will go for promising young players like we did this mercato.

The only great investment i foresee could be maybe the money we use for when ronaldo is not here anymore, but it all will depend on how Covid impacts the future of the team.

What i want to say is that, i dont think the current businesses, including morata, will be negative on the team...and if all goes well... it will give us a lot of breathing room in the upcoming mercato...which was something that was haunting us in past mercatos with so many old farts that needed replacement.. not anymore.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If J.Sancho is worth 100 and Harry”coke machine” Maguire is worth 90. I’m very happy with 27 year old Alvaro at 55
difference is sancho is one of the most exciting players of his age group so he somewhat justifies his sum, when you take into account how much we sold Pogba for. Morata I can't honestly say was ever worth the money chelsea paid for him or what he's expected to be worth now when you take into account we could potentially cough up 45 mill for someone who will effectively be 29 years old next October.

Jul 3, 2020
difference is sancho is one of the most exciting players of his age group so he somewhat justifies his sum, when you take into account how much we sold Pogba for. Morata I can't honestly say was ever worth the money chelsea paid for him or what he's expected to be worth now when you take into account we could potentially cough up 45 mill for someone who will effectively be 29 years old next October.
The Oort Cloud has had a major affect on your Sancho grade. We can agree to disagree? I really like him as a player but his “market value” has been severely inflated . Morata is a true 9 in his prime who produced for us in the past in big moments and is now producing again . I’ll pay 55 for that all day everyday

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The Oort Cloud has had a major affect on your Sancho grade. We can agree to disagree? I really like him as a player but his “market value” has been severely inflated . Morata is a true 9 in his prime who produced for us in the past in big moments and is now producing again . I’ll pay 55 for that all day everyday
Thats fine. I just wanted to get it out there that I don't hate or dislike him, yes he wasn't my first choice. Doesn't mean I want him to fail, if anything I got so sick of Higuain the last few months that anyone half decent cant be any worse. I'll hold my reservations about the price tag for now.

Jul 3, 2020
Thats fine. I just wanted to get it out there that I don't hate or dislike him, yes he wasn't my first choice. Doesn't mean I want him to fail, if anything I got so sick of Higuain the last few months that anyone half decent cant be any worse. I'll hold my reservations about the price tag for now.
So your firmly planted on the fence on Morata?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol: So true.

Sancho also suffers from Brit Bias Disease. A British passport is one of the most expensive afflictions that can happen to a reasonable football club.

Very Trezeguet-like, both of those goals.

:touched:
Good point. And I love me some Trez.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sancho also suffers from Brit Bias Disease. A British passport is one of the most expensive afflictions that can happen to a reasonable football club.
Whilst this might be true, given age, ability and talent 100 mill is the going rate, at least pre covid. Unfortunately the likes of the Pogba deal in recent years have set this trend. Mbappe's value is north of 300 mill

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Between Suarez, Dzeko and Morata, Id choose Morata 10/10 times. He had some of the most memorable moments here and scored plenty of clutch goals.

Wearing glasses after scoring at San Siro is one of the coolest moves Ive seen on the pitch. I hope he signs permanently and becomes legendary Juve player after he hangs up his boots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)