Alvaro Morata (20 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If you actually read up, I never said I was unhappy for him. But this overhyping of morata is getting a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

And again where did I state he didn't play well except for the roma game where he was pretty bad. Where did I state i want him to fail?

Please learn to read before making dumbfounded conclusions

Thanks
Considering a lot of people here are really disappointed about this deal because they were cheering for Dzeko, Suarez, Cavani, Giroud or any other old- high salary attacker... excluding the first game when Alvaro had just landed, he's been our best player so far so it's nothing but normal that somes Morata supporters (as myself) can be quite happy for it

Future? who knows but present is really good... you can enjoy it too

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And actually just for the record. I had even name dropped morata as someone we should have looked at whilst we had sarri and higuain was being a bum. Before learning that sarri and morata didn't exactly get along at Chelsea.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Nice calculations. Haha

Morata seems like a different player when in a juve jersey. He offers us variety...the fact we have CR out and dybala is getting back into shape he has delivered so far. Will be interesting to see who makes way when dybala and CR are fully fit.
morata can be the benzema type player that ronaldo needs. just needs to be more closer to the box.

he has the ability to score like the best strikers out there but needs to be more of a poacher. The young morata was more of a runner.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If you actually read up, I never said I was unhappy for him. But this overhyping of morata is getting a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

And again where did I state he didn't play well except for the roma game where he was pretty bad. Where did I state i want him to fail?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So zalayeta scoring against barca and Madrid was not clutch? OK sorry he didn't get a chance to score against crotone and Kiev.
The fact that people compliment him bothers you is quite evident

Did my post mention anything about you wanting him to fail? I suggest you take your own advice and read my post

Keep doing what you do tough guy

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So zalayeta scoring against barca and Madrid was not clutch? OK sorry he didn't get a chance to score against crotone and Kiev.
What a great argument :sergio:
@Post Ironic just told you how statistically Morata is much superior to Zalayeta.
Statistics aside, Morata brings a lot to our game- pace on the counter, space for Ronaldo and an outlet for crosses.
And you if want to talk about clutch goals, Morata has also scored quite a few in the CL- against Real, Barca, Man City, Dortmund, Liverpool (with Atleti), Sevila etc.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
@Post Ironic just told you how statistically Morata is much superior to Zalayeta.
Statistics aside, Morata brings a lot to our game- pace on the counter, space for Ronaldo and an outlet for crosses.
And you if want to talk about clutch goals, Morata has also scored quite a few in the CL- against Real, Barca, Man City, Dortmund, Liverpool (with Atleti), Sevila etc.
Exactly.

And to be honest, as much as we liked Zala´s contributions... he was just a very poor mans Trezeguet, but we remember him with nostalgia because he knew his place and behaved like a total proffesional who rarely played but was always there if needed.

Morata is a modern striker who adds a lot to our game.. not only poaching ocassionally from the bench.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The fact that people compliment him bothers you is quite evident

Did my post mention anything about you wanting him to fail? I suggest you take your own advice and read my post

Keep doing what you do tough guy
How does it bother me? I've already stated quite clearly I want our players to do well irrelevant of whether I wanted them in the first place. Actually take my advice. Read what I said before you draw dumbfounded conclusions. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Its as if you havent read a single thing I've said.

Firstly let's get this clear

Aside from the roma game I've not criticised him

I'm happy for him and the team that he's scored

I suggested morata when we were struggling with higuain under sarri's tenure. I'll even find that post if you're too lazy to do that even!

Yes he wasnt my first choice as I would have preferred either one of dzeko and suarez for different reasons, that doesn't mean I dislike him, and I'm quite entitled to that opinion given suarez and dzeko has been posting up impressive numbers for years.

Am I getting ahead of myself because hes scored against Kiev and crotone? No I've seen morata have consistency issues throughout his career to suggest that he's not the long term answer. Again another valid point backed up with his career stats.

Thank you

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Both Suarez and Dzeko are still great strikers, but their age is a heavy factor. We would undoubtely have problems with their salary and contracts in a year
Yeah man, I certainly see the board's logic in passing on them and support their decision in signing Morata. With that said I still rate Suarez very highly and believe he'll lead Atletico to some great things this season. Though we'll have to wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)