Alvaro Morata (38 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
He has a goal or assist every 100 minutes for Juve. You clearly just ignoring actual facts for your “opinion”.... no one is saying he did well at Atletico and Chelsea. But you can’t just say he didn’t create goals at Juve, because the actual facts contradict you.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, he’s also just ignoring the fact Morata scored or assisted every 100 minutes in a Juventus jersey, and every 80 minutes the next year at Madrid. I don’t think Morata is prolific, but these guys saying he was terrible and poor here in terms of goals are just ignoring actual facts. :lol:
Yep. Looking at Morata's career thus far he hasn't been that prolific as the first choice striker, but has put up decent numbers as a super sub/rotational player. Also worth noting that per minute stats can be a bit skewed for super sub/rotational type of players. You mostly get your playing time against the weaker opponents (specifically true for that season at Real) or towards the end of the game when it can be a bit more open with one team chasing the result.

Morata can be a nice piece to have in a team over the season and I'm reasonably confident that Pirlo will know how to use him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yep. Looking at Morata's career thus far he hasn't been that prolific as the first choice striker, but has put up decent numbers as a super sub/rotational player. Also worth noting that per minute stats can be a bit skewed for super sub/rotational type of players. You mostly get your playing time against the weaker opponents (specifically true for that season at Real) or towards the end of the game when it can be a bit more open with one team chasing the result.

Morata can be a nice piece to have in a team over the season and I'm reasonably confident that Pirlo will know how to use him.
:tup:

While likely true for Real Madrid, we both know, at least here, that Morata’s stats weren’t skewed that way, as most of his best performances were as a starter, and as “super sub/rotational piece” in his first year here, he was pretty damn poor for the most part. Which is a large part of why his “per appearance” stats are so poor. Both years he was immense down the stretch run/last 4-ish months of the season as a full-time starter.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Unfortunately, he’s also just ignoring the fact Morata scored or assisted every 100 minutes in a Juventus jersey, and every 80 minutes the next year at Madrid. I don’t think Morata is prolific, but these guys saying he was terrible and poor here in terms of goals are just ignoring actual facts. :lol:
Specially since we saw what he was capable of in Juventus. Is not like we are guessing about how good he was in another teams... i saw him here and thats all i need to know.

- - - Updated - - -

:heart:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I think some players cannot just be judged by numbers, and Juve´s Morata is one of them. He will most likely not get the top scorer prize in juventus, but i have a good feeling that his physical and technical qualities will be way more useful than the ones from a has-been Higuain. Dybala an specially ronaldo will benefit so much from that.
The problem I have with Suarez and Dzeko is that they are slow and neither press. With the direction football is going in, those are vitally important characteristics.

Suarez and Messi’s laziness off the ball is one of the reasons why Barcelona get humiliated so often in knockout games.

Then there’s also the not insignificant factor that Morata is 5 years younger than Suarez and 6 years younger than Dzeko. I for one am tired of Juve buying players that turn into deadwood within a season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The problem I have with Suarez and Dzeko is that they are slow and neither press. With the direction football is going in, those are vitally important characteristics.

Suarez and Messi’s laziness off the ball is one of the reasons why Barcelona get humiliated so often in knockout games.

Then there’s also the not insignificant factor that Morata is 5 years younger than Suarez and 6 years younger than Dzeko. I for one am tired of Juve buying players that turn into deadwood within a season.
I agree on all points.

To be fair with Dezeko, he is not exactly lazy but the guy is very old, and we already have to pamper a 35 year old ronaldo. If we need to make sacrifices for a geezer, then it for sure need to be for Ronaldo. having two 35 yr old leading the line is not optimal IMO. I prefer morata to run his lungs out and make space for Ronaldo.

Also like you said,,,, suarez and Dezeko can turn into retirement material at any moment...and then we will have to terminate their contracts as alwways. is not worht the risk.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Honestly we got the optimal solution to our no. 9 problem.

Suarez is finished and IMO would feel entitled here... probably causing lockerroom trouble as well. Old as fuck.

Dzeko too slow and doesnt have the hunger that we absolutely need. Old as fuck.

None of them would be improvement over Higuain. In fact we might as well keep Higgy.

Morata, much younger, loves the club and is loved back, still has everything to prove, doesnt mind being under radar. Has a great rapport with Pirlo, CR and Dybala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)