Alvaro Morata (22 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lets see. He could play vice higuain but i fear he is nowhere near prolific. And lets be honest, allegri will never put him above pipa in the peking order, he would also be too expensive for a luxury bench.

He would find way more space on the left side, but we have there already mandzukic, who we all know is THE starter, and douglas costa. We need to see what will happen to pjaca too, as he will most likely return to also play on that wing.

Even if morata is available and eager to return, i dont see the board moving for him.

Its a shame because i really miss him and his clutchness, but i dont know if he will be able to finally get playing time here.

But well, we need a higuain bench option, and we all know mandzukic nor dybala are. Kean is nowhere near ready. So who knows...higuain play too many games anyways without getting proper rest for the important matches.

Morata is also a clutch counter player, something none of our forwards are.

Thinking more about it, it coukd work for us. The price could be a problem tho

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

7 goals, 7 assists in 1400 minutes, despite going on a bad stretch of 3 months without a goal between october and january. looks to me like he was a success, if we exclude those worst 3 months of his career probably. and he was absolutely fantastic down the strech of the season, he and Pogba destroyed everything in their path after the Bayern return leg
Yes let's exclude his worst 3 months where he was complete shit for us and missed chance after chance

Let's exclude every players worst months then no player would ever be bad great logic on your behalf

He was carried for a lot of his games and wasn't contributing as much as he should have

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes let's exclude his worst 3 months where he was complete shit for us and missed chance after chance

Let's exclude every players worst months then no player would ever be bad great logic on your behalf

He was carried for a lot of his games and wasn't contributing as much as he should have

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Been saying for a while now we need a striker with pace. Our counters with Higuain and Dybala is like watching a cruise ship leave port.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Been saying for a while now we need a striker with pace. Our counters with Higuain and Dybala is like watching a cruise ship leave port.
I thought the whole team looked somewhat slow tbh. We get the ball we slow it down and move sideways. It happened regularly yesterday. Khedira gets ball moves sideways.

Technically and what we saw in serie a and maybe a bit against Tottenham Costa is our best counter attack option but he was poor yesterday.

Also i much prefer him left side. Too bad Cuads only came back. It should have been Costa left. Cuads right. Not play fullback winger.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Just found this gif in my archive
Any gifs of Dybala vs Madrid?

- - - Updated - - -

Does Martial have pace? Reading that Manu will sell him if they get Bale. Real will replace Bale with Hazard or Neymar.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'll mention this elsewhere, but I'd also like to add to the problems of our slow attack yesterday...we didn't have anyone in the center of midfield that has that vision to play the ball into space...khedira can't really do it or bentancur (yet). That's what made it that much more criminal to me that with Pjanic suspsended we didn't play our next best ball playing central midfielder...Marchisio.

We need to find a way to unleash the pace of Costa/Cuads more. We can't expect them to drop back, receive the ball then try and dribble past everyone in front of them...gotta attack the space better, we struggle with that. Need pace.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We should sign Martial
Well, call me crazy, but it might seem that our club sees that particular issue in attack and has indicated that Martial is the key to fix it.

I just don't get it though. How can a club with Higuain, Dybala, Costa, Bernie, Mario ANNNNND Cuadrado look so clueless in the box? Drives me up the fucking wall. We can do so well moving the ball down the field but as soon as we get INTO the box we turn into a bunch of farts in a skillet.

No ideas and we pass straight to the defense.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Well, call me crazy, but it might seem that our club sees that particular issue in attack and has indicated that Martial is the key to fix it.

I just don't get it though. How can a club with Higuain, Dybala, Costa, Bernie, Mario ANNNNND Cuadrado look so clueless in the box? Drives me up the fucking wall. We can do so well moving the ball down the field but as soon as we get INTO the box we turn into a bunch of farts in a skillet.

No ideas and we pass straight to the defense.
I know youre subtly hinting that Allegri should go without being too open about it. I get it and I honestly think he won't be here next year. He's taken us as far as he can. Maybe we need some fresh ideas and a different approach.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I know subtly hinting that Allegri should go without being too open about it. I get it and I honestly think he won't be here next year. He's taken us as far as he can. Maybe we need some fresh ideas and a different approach.
No no no. I want him to stay 100%. BUT, I hope he finds a way to re-tune the offense like he did with the defense. I think adding quality in midfield will help.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When your strikers are also being tasked with tracking back to help your midfield keep possession and get the ball to you in scoring situations, something has to give.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When your strikers are also being tasked with tracking back to help your midfield keep possession and get the ball to you in scoring situations, something has to give.
Which goes alllll the way back to my argument on Max's formation choice with 2 mids. A third should have prevented that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall Ronaldo or Benzema tracking back very often to get the ball. Their midfield did a pretty good job of giving them service.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Which goes alllll the way back to my argument on Max's formation choice with 2 mids. A third should have prevented that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall Ronaldo or Benzema tracking back very often to get the ball. Their midfield did a pretty good job of giving them service.
That is because they have a great midfield, Cam.

If Dybala and Higuain had the midfield that we had a few years ago, they wouldn't have had to track back either. It's not the amount of midfielders, but the quality of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)