Alvaro Morata (61 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
also, benzema risks a suspended sentence and in case he's convicted, he'll be fired, too. and as real will likely be transfer banned for the next season, they won't face the next two seasons with one single centre forward. i can see morata staying at madrid.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No one gives a fuck about 10m. This was a humiliating deal for us that essentially meant we get tipped for borrowing and developing their prized talent they discarded for 2 years.

Real fans are laughing at us right now for this deal. Sassuoulo style.
they are laughing and we were in a CL final last year thanks to this deal, eliminating them in the process ;)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
well, they can laugh all they want, we are not losers in this deal. who cares about spoiled madridistas anyway
I guess for some people the glass is always half empty so they'll see the negative aspect of this deal. You and I are obviously of the other kind and can see the benefits that this deal had, like CL final that brought us millions and the club establishing themselves among the elite.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I guess for some people the glass is always half empty so they'll see the negative aspect of this deal. You and I are obviously of the other kind and can see the benefits that this deal had, like CL final that brought us millions and the club establishing themselves among the elite.
:tup: if given a chance to go back in time, knowing how the deal will turn out in the end, id definitely do it again without thinking twice. Marotta would do the same im sure.

the last 2 years were amazing and Alvaro was a big part of that, hope he returns here one day

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And we earned only 10 mil. € on him?
We paid for his wages during his stay. So it's not like we earned much at all.

well, they can laugh all they want, we are not losers in this deal
Morata helped our team a big time. He was a great signing, well, considering the time he spent here.

So yeah, I can see the light too. He helped us in Serie A and in Europe as well.

But if we're talking about losers in this deal? It's surely us. And yeah, we did lose, we lost a lot at this point with his departure. We had a very good player and we made him to be even better. And he left for basically nothing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Morata helped our team a big time. He was a great signing, well, considering the time he spent here.

So yeah, I can see the light too. He helped us in Serie A and in Europe as well.

But if we're talking about losers in this deal? It's surely us. And yeah, we did lose, we lost a lot at this point with his departure. We had a very good player and we made him to be even better. And he left for basically nothing.
why does there have to be a loser anyway? all 3 parties benefited from this. depending on how his replacement turns out this was an amazing deal potentially

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
morata's book value should be considerably less than 20m due to amortization, compared to the 30m real will pay for him, it's a massive plusvalenza anyway.

btw i can see this deal as a win-win for all parties involved. morata gained some playing time, experience and won a couple of titles. real let a boy go, got back a champion in the making. we got into a cl final thanks to morata, and there's some plusvalenza for the sake of the accountants, too. there's no loser here, we were completely aware that real buying him back is likely to happen. morata might be the only one who's gonna lose if real sells his ass to a sorry pl team like arsenal.

edit: zizi :tup: i'm too slow again.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
why does there have to be a loser anyway? all 3 parties benefited from this. depending on how his replacement turns out this was an amazing deal potentially
How?

We had a great striker. We might sign a great striker. We're not gonna lose much. Although, chances are high that new striker will be worse simply because there aren't many players like Morata around. So, at best, we're gonna be 50-50.

There's absolutely nothing amazing about it. It was amazing for Real, cause they paid little to get a shapen player back in Madrid. It was amazing for Morata because he surely proved he's great. We pulled nothing to say it was amazing deal for us. I'd never say a short-term help is amazing because it can only be amazing for low-tier teams who pull loans out of their ass just to stay in the league.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Some people really forget the fact that without the buy back clause, we had no chance of getting this guy here for 2 seasons. We won't be doing the same deal because now we are in a stronger position than we were 2 years ago.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How?

We had a great striker. We might sign a great striker. We're not gonna lose much. Although, chances are high that new striker will be worse simply because there aren't many players like Morata around. So, at best, we're gonna be 50-50.

There's absolutely nothing amazing about it. It was amazing for Real, cause they paid little to get a shapen player back in Madrid. It was amazing for Morata because he surely proved he's great. We pulled nothing to say it was amazing deal for us. I'd never say a short-term help is amazing because it can only be amazing for low-tier teams who pull loans out of their ass just to stay in the league.
because of that. depending on who we sign and how that new signing turns out (the majority or all of the money we will invest in the new striker comes from Moratas sale) this Morata deal becomes a brilliant deal potentially. if the new striker is inferior to Morata, then its just a good deal (because of the CL final, Coppa and 10M+). if he flops then we have a problem

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Some people really forget the fact that without the buy back clause, we had no chance of getting this guy here for 2 seasons. We won't be doing the same deal because now we are in a stronger position than we were 2 years ago.
Hindsight is great. The other thing that went against us was the explosion of the transfer market this summer with the PL tv deal, players are worth 30% more overnight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)