Alvaro Morata (17 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
63 apps 15 goals in the league according to wiki, hardly warrants an emotional breakdown does it? You could argue a fair few of those apps were sub appearances but he was a sub in league games for a reason.

Shame we couldn't get another CL campaign out of him but in terms of the league we don't even need 30M to replace a striker that can't break 10 goals/season

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We spent like 11 mil on Zaza. Sold him for 7, bought him for 18.

And this was also a good deal for us as he was an integral part of a CL final for us and 2 domestic doubles in a row.

It sucks to lose him, but it's not the end of the world. And we shall be just fine. We knew what we were doing when we bought him, and from the results the last 2 years, it was clearly worth the risk. Not to mention we have 30 mil to spend from his buyback and could easily find another Young top forward with that.
I wrote that about Zaza cause I read somewhere such comment. And tbh, I wouldn't like him to directly replace Alvaro, it would be a horrible thing to do imo.

I agree. But seeing him go like this makes me feel Sassuolo's pain. :D

Now please let's not start the butthurt shit just because not everyone is rating him WC.
He doesn't have to be WC to be a great player and a very valuable addition -- which he surely was.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
63 apps 15 goals in the league according to wiki, hardly warrants an emotional breakdown does it? You could argue a fair few of those apps were sub appearances but he was a sub in league games for a reason.

Shame we couldn't get another CL campaign out of him but in terms of the league we don't even need 30M to replace a striker that can't break 10 goals/season
This isn't about the league though, is it? We have more than enough in attack to win Serie A. But this kid came through more often than not for us in the Champions League, and that is where he will really be missed. Unless you can trust Zaza or someone else with less of a pedigree in the CL at Alvaro's age to provide what we need.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
63 apps 15 goals in the league according to wiki, hardly warrants an emotional breakdown does it?
Season 2015/2016 he had 23 goals+assists which made him 3rd most effectvie player in our squad.

Season 2014/2015 he had 20 goals+assists which made him 2nd most effective player.

What he did here was quite amazing, especially considering how young he is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Now please let's not start the butthurt shit just because not everyone is rating him WC.
I don't think anyone here is rating him as WC. The reason, I think, why a lot of us are saddened is because he has the unique skillset in someone of his size that he can potentially become one, and we were hoping that it would be with us.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There is no arguing against his CL record. But really we should be aiming for a #9 that can do the business in all sorts of games. So if we can find that, then i'm more than happy with this.

No matter how you spin it, for a #9 playing at THIS caliber of Juve team in this Serie A he was not a special player to us by any means. If his CL form and league form aligned then yeah i'd be fucking raging right now.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't think anyone here is rating him as WC. The reason, I think, why a lot of us are saddened is because he has the unique skillset in someone of his size that he can potentially become one, and we were hoping that it would be with us.
He has an incredible future ahead of him. Personally, I think he will become one of the world's best strikers in 2-3 years time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There is no arguing against his CL record. But really we should be aiming for a #9 that can do the business in all sorts of games. So if we can find that, then i'm more than happy with this.

No matter how you spin it, for a #9 playing at THIS caliber of Juve team in this Serie A he was not a special player to us by any means. If his CL form and league form aligned then yeah i'd be fucking raging right now.
I think that because of his height, it was easy for people to peg him as a CF.

I honestly think that he is more suited to a SS role

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Perhaps but Dybala is definitely the bigger talent of the two for me. Not many top teams out there that play with 2 up top anyway so if he's not getting games as a #9 then he better get used to more wide play.

One thing I think we can all agree on, we need a high profile striker to lead the line for us now. As I said in another thread, if the striking options suck this Summer we should try hard to get Ibrahimovic on a free until we actually have a younger alternative.

I don't want us paying OTT for somebody like fucking Lukaku who can't control the god damn ball.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Perhaps but Dybala is definitely the bigger talent of the two for me. Not many top teams out there that play with 2 up top anyway so if he's not getting games as a #9 then he better get used to more wide play.

One thing I think we can all agree on, we need a high profile striker to lead the line for us now. As I said in another thread, if the striking options suck this Summer we should try hard to get Ibrahimovic on a free until we actually have a younger alternative.

I don't want us paying OTT for somebody like fucking Lukaku who can't control the god damn ball.
Ibra is off to United.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We've got to look at this as a great 2 year loan that me made a profit out of. Real we're always going to bring him back.

Thanks for everything alvaro and hopefully see you again in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)