Alvaro Morata (19 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Monster Zero

Mar 2, 2014
I think people are underestimating just how well Morata would have to do to make Real Madrid inclined to use the buy-back clause.

Morata can very probably do well for Juve and improve a lot and still not come close to improving enough to make Real Madrid think it'd be worth spending 30m+ on him - not so much because of the cost but because of the standard of striker Real Madrid generally have at their disposal.

You then also have the safety net for Juve of Morata's will be decisive in a situation where Real Madrid want to buy him back. Would he want to stay at Juve and be the main man or go to Real Madrid to be the back-up to whatever superstar centre-forward they happen to have at the time.

Basically, I think people should be judging this transfer on Morata's ability/potential and the fee Juve are paying for him, rather than focusing on a clause in the deal that will probably not be exercised.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it.
Great post Red and spot on.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Welcome, Morata!

To be honest, the buyback clause, while annoying, is really set up in Juventus' favor.

We piad 20m over 3 years but his buyback is 30m and, from what I'm reading, received in one payment. So if REal buys him, we'll receive an influx of cash.

Any word on whether Morata can reject a move to Real with the buyback clause?

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Welcome, Morata!

To be honest, the buyback clause, while annoying, is really set up in Juventus' favor.

We piad 20m over 3 years but his buyback is 30m and, from what I'm reading, received in one payment. So if REal buys him, we'll receive an influx of cash.

I'm sure it will be up to the player to accept it, if Madrid want him back and he says no then he wont be going. The likelehood is though if they want him back, he will probably leave unless he is not sure whether or not he will get first team football regularly there then he might be inclined to stay if he does well.

I am very happy with this signing hopefully we can buy some wingers now so we never have to play 5-3-2 ever again.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm hoping we're switching from the 5-3-2 to the 7-1-2. It looks like we've really cornered the CB market, so this way we could field 5 at a time. Utter domination in UCL!

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
buy back clause mean nothing if the player does not want to go back, with real buying the biggest name every damn year this guy will think thrice if he would want to go back there, unless he turn out to be spanish messi or sort of.

we will only need to brainwash him to love juve and achieve success here.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
bad transfer after all, initially it was reported that the buy back clause refers to the end of next season,
but juventus.com specifies that is valid up until the end of the 2016/17 campaign, by then, he will be our starter and Llorente his sub, 30mil will be dirty cheap, if he improves as expected, finishers tend to be the most expensive players, we were about to give 27mil for the unproven iturbe, a proven Morata would worth far more.
if he proves to be a failure, we wont be able to retrieve not even half of the invested ammount, if he succeds, we will lose him at his best, for 10mil profit...
Real is not stupid, the know they can rely on the man who paid 12mil to get half of Giovinco back...

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
We piad 20m over 3 years but his buyback is 30m and, from what I'm reading, received in one payment.[/b]
i really doubt that. does anyone know for sure? :)

he extended his "current" contract with real. i think he can´t say "no" anymore. otherwise the clause could be completely worthless for real...
obviously he could still say "fuck you, i don´t want to be back-up for your newest shiny toy" and therefore real might have to think twice about it, but imo he can´t reject the move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)