Alvaro Morata (18 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Morata when he wasn't focused of attack but Ronaldo was, and morata was rotation/off the bench, did mostly real good.

But come this season, and we make him full time starter and focus of our attack, and what happens is what he has done every time he gotten this increased responsibility, he shits the bed.
last season he was good with or without ronaldo, especially before his virus infection. he also had a great cl group stage and highlight games without cr vs lazio or bologna.

all he misses now is some clinical finishing. i know, that's a lot when you can't score to save your life. still, an overweight icardi or morata? easily morata for me. just cuddle his little ego and he's a pretty good player.

anyway, at this point it's just pointless talk. he's out, and if he has an agreement with barca, then he should be out asap. i'm just worried about the replacements.

Jun 16, 2020

i'll just leave it here. the "we can't do worse than morata" is only valid if you consider his latest bad form. we'll be lucky if our latest panic buy turns out better than him.
Almost all names we’ve seen so far besides Vlahovic and Cavani are a downgrade. Scamacca as interesting option but doesn’t seem likely that he’ll be able to come close to Morata’s numbers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It’s widely accepted that he’s a side kick and thrives in that role
What’s annoying is that Dybala is the very same. A sidekick to a proper #9, who thrives in the space that opens up for him.

The hope has to be that Chiesa comes back from this injury well-rested and becomes the alpha in attack. Allowing Dybala and/or Morata to play the sidekick role.

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What’s annoying is that Dybala is the very same. A sidekick to a proper #9 who thrives in the space that gives him.

The hope has to be that Chiesa comes back from this injury well-rested and becomes the alpha in attack. Allowing Dybala and/or Morata to play the sidekick role.
Sounds like we have too many Indians and not enough chiefs

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Locatelli and Chiesa

the others are trade bait or retirees
Yeah. I wouldn’t be opposed to moving players like De Ligt, McKennie, Kulu who may have some value in a sale to fund purchases. Of course, only if the purchases made we’re good ones and replaced them adequately. De Ligt definitely hasn’t performed up to his transfer fee and salary yet.

Problem is, we have so few worthwhile players in this side right now. Can’t replace them all. And so many of our high salary players are utter garbage that it’s hard to even move them on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)