• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
well this season it was only 8

- - - Updated - - -

in about 1000 less minutes
Yeah he's not had his best season, although I look around the entire squad and can barely see a single player who has played to 90% of their best level. Douglas Costa has been brilliant for half a season. Khedira had his best statistically, but stats are one thing, he's not been great. Benatia, Pjanic and Chiellini have been about par.

Just shows the work Allegri has had to do to get this squad to the scudetto.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah he's not had his best season, although I look around the entire squad and can barely see a single player who has played to 90% of their best level. Douglas Costa has been brilliant for half a season. Khedira had his best statistically, but stats are one thing, he's not been great. Benatia, Pjanic and Chiellini have been about par.

Just shows the work Allegri has had to do to get this squad to the scudetto
and that with most points ever most likely, other than the 102pts season. great work

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Sounds familiar.

Like that one player we signed from Bayern, who did just that, playing for by far the biggest team in the league and only scoring against meh teams.

It took Dybala one game against Barca to surpass said players record against big teams in europe.

- - - Updated - - -

The irony.
The Costa who was the best offensive player on the field against every big club we faced after newyear ? Who was a driving force in getting the ball forward into dangerous positions, created penalty situations and made the difference all the time ? And kept improving and improving.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm against selling our best assets, but you probably got that from my stance on Dybala. So why are you asking all the silly questions? Keep on hating
If we had unlimited cash, id just force the team to find a way to make the team work so great, we dont "need" dybala to do anything other then "disappear" and appear to score crucial goals.

As in, we literally dont need him to go forward and make the play.

Think of having an extremely solid mid 2, costa and a partner in crime at the other side and sandro and someone else overlapping.

Like, we literally can just attack and attack and dont need dybala to be a neccecary link. So we have higuain drawing defenders, the wings making all kinds of dangershit, and dybala just doing one thing, and one thing along :

Moving in channels and ask the ball in interesting positions. Link a link in counterattack, or offence

Currently we are crep alot of the time cause he's not there and we miss a link in the center.

My take is, we cant afford this. So we are better off selling dybala and getting replacements

One of the best games we played was Barca 3-0 with Dybala playing trequartista in 4231. He wasn't inconsistent last season, just understandably scored a little less than previous year when he played farther forward. Don't understand why you'd have a problem with keeping Dybala if we play 4231.

The lopsided, unbalanced 433 was an eyesore with LB, Matuidi trying to provide width on the left and Dybala caught in limbo, but now, in theory, should be better with Dybala at RAM and Cuadra at RB.
Yeah. well you're right. We could see how this 433 works. But we really really really need to get a new CM for it

Cuads+sandro with dybala more central (cuads overlapping more, sandro deeper, and costa having freedom to go forward. Could work. seems to.

.... Matuidi and Pjanic ? Fine. Khedira ? No, we need to improve.

Perhaps just keep all players and get Modric on a free

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah. well you're right. We could see how this 433 works. But we really really really need to get a new CM for it

Cuads+sandro with dybala more central (cuads overlapping more, sandro deeper, and costa having freedom to go forward. Could work. seems to.

.... Matuidi and Pjanic ? Fine. Khedira ? No, we need to improve.

Perhaps just keep all players and get Modric on a free
I got Zach to agree. :dazed::weee:

We finally found a good, working formation at the end of the season. :lol:

I feel positive and excited about next season. Not b/c we won 4-0 but b/c finally there's more clarity re formation/setup and, as a result, exactly what players we need to target.

Cuadra at RB was a genius move and a very gutsy one at that time.

We need a more defensive alternative for him for RB, Can will replace Khedira in the squad, and looks like Morata on loan replacing Mandzukic is a real possibility. We'd still have pretty much our entire budget remaining. I think and am hopeful that we'll sign another CM, a good one. Morata (or Martial), btw, also addresses our need for speed and more dribbling and counterattacking ability in attack. Our set pieces abilty & passing should also improve with the other arrivals. That mercato ticks all the boxes.

For now, I'm more concerned about LB. If AS leaves, I don't want Digne/MDS/Darmian/Spinazzola starting for us.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
People had a very bad memory. Paulo were doing awesome at the beginning of the season cuz the team was playing for him and he used to stay in front near Pipa without drop a bit to the MF, meanwhile Pipa was just a shadow. Max wasn't happy with that, he even said that Paulo should assist more and score less basically asking to Paulo to be more a team player

Paulo started to drop and serie a teams came back to the tactic putting-paulo-down while Pipa scored more often... it was a stupid call cuz Paulo is our best player and if Pipa can't deal with it he should go... Max aswell... and some fans too

Apr 19, 2007
People had a very bad memory. Paulo were doing awesome at the beginning of the season cuz the team was playing for him and he used to stay in front near Pipa without drop a bit to the MF, meanwhile Pipa was just a shadow. Max wasn't happy with that, he even said that Paulo should assist more and score less basically asking to Paulo to be more a team player

Paulo started to drop and serie a teams came back to the tactic putting-paulo-down while Pipa scored more often... it was a stupid call cuz Paulo is our best player and if Pipa can't deal with it he should go... Max aswell... and some fans too
Whenever you ask a player to be the focal point like Dybala was in the first 5-6 games of the season, they better be able to do the same against Madrid,Bayern,Barca etc or you should change early. I agree with the notion that you shouldnt depend on a player that mcuh. No great team does

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So, we sell our best player because he doesn't fit the formation, but we don't try and find a formation that suits him? All this while keeping our 90 million Euro mistake, the guy who has fewer goals and assists than the dude who allegedly doesn't fit the formation, as the focal point of our attack. That sounds very plausible and highly credible :baus: :tup:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Arrivederci Higuain, Dybala as a CF

Douglas Costa - Dybala - Martial

Bernardeschi - Mandzukic - Morata

Also a 4231 could work with both, but we simply need better fullbacks and a better midfielder next to Miralem to carry the ball forward

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Arrivederci Higuain, Dybala as a CF

Douglas Costa - Dybala - Martial

Bernardeschi - Mandzukic - Morata

Also a 4231 could work with both, but we simply need better fullbacks and a better midfielder next to Miralem to carry the ball forward
Or maybe 2 midfielders, not necessarily with the vision of pjanic, but 2 very technical workhorses who can carry the ball forward and take it to our attackers.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Whether you want Dybala sold or not, he's staying.

His stock fell, and we won't receive a high enough offer this summer to sell him. And I'm sure Barca/PSG/Real aren't interested.

We did finally find a good system with Cuadra at RB and Dybala at RAM. Won't have to worry about him not performing next season.

He performed when we were playing 4231. With him cutting in with his weaker right and taking turns with Matuidi and Asamoah to provide width on the left in the previous ugly 433, I can understand why he didn't perform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)