Aljaksandar Pawlavitsj Hleb (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah, Gilberto Silva is not any better than Momo, and Momo will be settled and gain more consistency towards the end of the season. Silva not needed. Helb is a good player but I'm not sure if he's the right player we need.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Yeah, Gilberto Silva is not any better than Momo, and Momo will be settled and gain more consistency towards the end of the season. Silva not needed. Helb is a good player but I'm not sure if he's the right player we need.
If Momo keeps performing like he has been than Gilberto Silva wouldnt come close to him.. I know he's Brazils captain but i'm more than comfortable seeing Momo as the starting DM, no matter who we are linked to

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We are pretty covered in the DMF area. Zanetti, black ninja, Nocerino. Even Marchisio can play there if needed.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I wouldn't pick any of arsenal's players to be ours. I know people here will go crazzy for this but i really don't rate arsenal players very high. there good nodoubt but not that good. Arene wenger is the guy who makes them perform pretty good. Once they leave arsenal they become average IMO......

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    He's not completley incorrect though.Henry,Viera,Kanu..They havent really reproduced their Arsenal form at their new clubs.That doesnt mean that Arsenal has a poor set of players,but i do agree that Wenger can definatley get more out of them than any other maanger.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    there are 2groups of players that Wenger has let go of in recent times:

1-Players that are past their primes and or on the decline: Vieira, Pires, Henry..etc. Wenger didn't just decide to let them leave, and hey didn't just suddenly turn bad the moment they left Arsenal, they were already on the decline in their last season at Arsenal. Wenger saw that and he sold them (especially since he had their replacements ready)

2- players that were not good enough for Arsenal: Bentely, Cygan, and the likes.

if for example we get someone like Fabregas or Toure or Gallas, then it's not like they are going to play like crap for us, and it is the reason why Wenger would never try to sell them yet. Because these players will be stars wherever they go. But watch the moment that that they reach towards their 30s and they have a bad season then he will sell them

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #32
    Yes he does do that.But i doubt if someone will be able to utilize Fabregas as brilliantly as Wenger has,or if Henry and Viera had developed into the same players that they are/were had they not been under Wenger's wings.You give him a raw lineup of good 20,21 year old players,and in 5 years time they'd turn into world class players.I cant think of any other coach who has such a gift.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    I do agree that his ability to develop Raw telent is amazing. I just disagree that ALL Arsenal players would fail and are not good if they leave Arsenal. It's just that Wenger is smart and does not let go of players he feels still have much to give, hence why he does not sell players like Fabregas or Hleb or Toure even though he would make a fortune off of them

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    If Momo keeps performing like he has been than Gilberto Silva wouldnt come close to him.. I know he's Brazils captain but i'm more than comfortable seeing Momo as the starting DM, no matter who we are linked to
    Gilberto has been terrible this season, easily Arsenals worst player this season imo, of course Momo is better, maybe not 2-3 years ago but now Momo is obviously the better player

He's not completley incorrect though.Henry,Viera,Kanu..They havent really reproduced their Arsenal form at their new clubs.That doesnt mean that Arsenal has a poor set of players,but i do agree that Wenger can definatley get more out of them than any other maanger.
    That is true to some extent, but imo it isnt the case with Cesc, Cesc is obviously a huge talent, i'm sure he would have been big, Wenger or not.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    I do agree that his ability to develop Raw telent is amazing. I just disagree that ALL Arsenal players would fail and are not good if they leave Arsenal. It's just that Wenger is smart and does not let go of players he feels still have much to give, hence why he does not sell players like Fabregas or Hleb or Toure even though he would make a fortune off of them
    Anelka?? The guy was considered as a huge talent, he went to madrid then what happened!! He failed there big time. Arsene wenger is a genious, IMO he's the best even though he never won a champions league trophy but i rate him very high. arsenal used to win the league once every 20 years or so (they've won the league twice in earlly 90's, once in 70's and once in 50's not that great record). Arsene wenger took the club to another level.......

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We should have signed Hleb a long time ago when I kept pushing him for a signing.

But oh nooooo, he's unproven in Italy, he must suck...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)