Alex Sandro (52 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'd say more so from a financial point of view, they don't seem to have that long term pedigree say a Real, Barca or Bayern have.

- - - Updated - - -

But point taken.
They definitely do have the long term financial capability now too. They don't rely on Abramovich's money anymore.

Being in the PL is a blessing for any team money wise.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
All it took was half season miracle from Di Matteo and Drogba having shoulders broad enough to carry his squad. That CL victory even though, it was one of the ugliest (funniest imo) CL runs and victory, gave them a HUGE boost. I remember that same year they were in contention for Hazard along with City and United. City offered money, United offered legacy by being coached by Ferguson, he chose the CL winners.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
All it took was half season miracle from Di Matteo and Drogba having shoulders broad enough to carry his squad. That CL victory even though, it was one of the ugliest (funniest imo) CL runs and victory, gave them a HUGE boost. I remember that same year they were in contention for Hazard along with City and United. City offered money, United offered legacy by being coached by Ferguson, he chose the CL winners.
He even explicitly said he'd go to the CL winners.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
How they can be considered elite if that leap wouldn't have taken place if it weren't for Russian money. You cannot buy an elite status. That's the difference between clubs like us, Real, Bayern and the likes of PSG, City and Chelsea.
We are far behind the likes of Chelsea, nobody gives a fuck about winning a thousand scudetti and nobody gives a fuck about what happened 100 years ago.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How they can be considered elite if that leap wouldn't have taken place if it weren't for Russian money. You cannot buy an elite status. That's the difference between clubs like us, Real, Bayern and the likes of PSG, City and Chelsea.
They are just nouveau riche, nothing more.
No, you can't. You have to win trophies to be considered elite. But Chelsea have won trophies. So they are elite. Regardless of whether they're nouveau riche or not.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
No, you can't. You have to win trophies to be considered elite. But Chelsea have won trophies. So they are elite. Regardless of whether they're nouveau riche or not.
I specifically used term nouveau riche to make it easier to understand the difference. Both nouveau riche and aristocracy had money. Nouveau riche also tried to behave like aristocracy and still were not considered one. And we are talking about Chelsea being equal to us when Chelsea was totally irrelevant bar last ten years.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I specifically used term nouveau riche to make it easier to understand the difference. Both nouveau riche and aristocracy had money. Nouveau riche also tried to behave like aristocracy and still were not considered one. And we are talking about Chelsea being equal to us when Chelsea was totally irrelevant bar last ten years.

Yes. Thank you. I know what nouveau riche means.

I also said why that's irrelevant. Even if they're nouveau riche, they're still elite. What makes you elite is the fact that you win trophies. And they do.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Chelsea are not our equals, they've surpassed us. Money talks.

Chelsea is valued at 1,845 Mil
Juventus is valled at 1, 258 mil

That's a little under 600mil difference.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Whether you people like it or not Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent PSG are and will be attractive destinations for top players as long as they're getting paid and winning/competing for titles which they do( 4 out of the last 5 league titles have been won by Chelsea and City)

Bottom line in football

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Whether you people like it or not Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent PSG are and will be attractive destinations for top players as long as they're getting paid and winning/competing for titles which they do( 4 out of the last 5 league titles have been won by Chelsea and City)

Bottom line in football
i'd argue that they are more attractive then us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They definitely do have the long term financial capability now too. They don't rely on Abramovich's money anymore.

Being in the PL is a blessing for any team money wise.
That's key there. Anymore. They have been trying to buy there way to this point for a while now. At least we have the pedigree and history, they have, like X said, 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

i'd argue that they are more attractive then us.
Money talks. That's the way it is now. That's why I always look at this from a fan point of view as a business. Helps a lot with the ups and downs.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
They are just nouveau riche, nothing more.
We wouldn't be what we are without fiat money, also we are not in the same class as bayern and madrid, not anymore.
Nouveau riche or old money, facts trump opinion. Fact is chelsea is successful in the pitch and off it and like i said can get any player they want, if that's not elite I don't know what is

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We wouldn't be what we are without fiat money, also we are not in the same class as bayern and madrid, not anymore.
Nouveau riche or old money, facts trump opinion. Fact is chelsea is successful in the pitch and off it and like i said can get any player they want, if that's not elite I don't know what is
Old money (sometimes referred to as Family Cash, Family Money, or vieux riche) is "the inherited wealth of established upper-class families (i.e. gentry, patriciate)" or "a person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth".

@The Quazis

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That's key there. Anymore. They have been trying to buy there way to this point for a while now. At least we have the pedigree and history, they have, like X said, 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Money talks. That's the way it is now. That's why I always look at this from a fan point of view as a business. Helps a lot with the ups and downs.
And in 10 years they've built a bigger brand than us as much as I hate to say it although we took a big hit due to calciopoli which coincided with the rise of the EPL. In Asia, Chelsea or any top EPL club is more popular than Juventus by a country mile. Same in the United States.

Even Bayern aren't as popular a football brand as top EPL teams are.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And in 10 years they've built a bigger brand than us as much as I hate to say it although we took a big hit due to calciopoli which coincided with the rise of the EPL. In Asia, Chelsea or any top EPL club is more popular than Juventus by a country mile. Same in the United States.

Even Bayern aren't as popular a football brand as top EPL teams are.
I wouldn't underestimate the level of Bayern, at least here in the States they are pretty big believe it or not, I'd say only Chelsea, ManU, and Arsenal I see more of here, otherwise Bayern are up there.

EPL makes too much money, until Italy gets their shit together of course we won't come close financially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 49)