Alex Sandro (32 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
and we are not one of those 3.
apparently we not a top team not a tier 2. in between.
We have been in the cl final 2 of the last 3 years and won the league every year. So tell me what team you want to be like? Just Madrid and Barca. Do bayern have a failed club policy because of their record in the CL. BTW ours is better than theres right now

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I wouldn't underestimate the level of Bayern, at least here in the States they are pretty big believe it or not, I'd say only Chelsea, ManU, and Arsenal I see more of here, otherwise Bayern are up there.

EPL makes too much money, until Italy gets their shit together of course we won't come close financially.
Bayern are saved by the fact that they have a healthy German economy backing them. Even their directors were stressing on how they're falling behind the EPL.

Italian football right now is completely dependent on foreign investment to expand its growth. Only China can save this league IMO. Arabs or Russians won't bother with this league.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I wouldn't underestimate the level of Bayern, at least here in the States they are pretty big believe it or not, I'd say only Chelsea, ManU, and Arsenal I see more of here, otherwise Bayern are up there.

EPL makes too much money, until Italy gets their shit together of course we won't come close financially.
Around my city too I see quite a few Bayern shirts, but there is pretty strong polish community out here. 90+ % of the bayern shirts i've seen had Lewa's name on it.

I've also noticed A LOT more PSG shirts then ALL serie a shirts combined, which is sad as fuck.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And in 10 years they've built a bigger brand than us as much as I hate to say it although we took a big hit due to calciopoli which coincided with the rise of the EPL. In Asia, Chelsea or any top EPL club is more popular than Juventus by a country mile. Same in the United States.

Even Bayern aren't as popular a football brand as top EPL teams are.
and that's true for the whole italian football, too. fuck moratti, for me, he's the most negative person ever in football.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Around my city too I see quite a few Bayern shirts, but there is pretty strong polish community out here. 90+ % of the bayern shirts i've seen had Lewa's name on it.

I've also noticed A LOT more PSG shirts then ALL serie a shirts combined, which is sad as fuck.
@piotrr's relatives.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bayern are saved by the fact that they have a healthy German economy backing them. Even their directors were stressing on how they're falling behind the EPL.

Italian football right now is completely dependent on foreign investment to expand its growth. Only China can save this league IMO. Arabs or Russians won't bother with this league.
:tup:

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Arsen Wenger is right. This businessmen with no history of football are killing the beautiful game. Look at Chelsea and Man city. They buying anyone they want for no reason. They bought Conte, now Sandro. They robbing us to be honest. I am angry but Juve is a selling team we have to admit that. they are rich but still selling. Where are the players (who played football not for the money) when you need them.

It is all about money money money money.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Isn't there a big german community in Canada :boh:
...must be lot's of Müller shirts around too :shifty:
Edmonton specifically has lots of poles don't know about the germans, they not visible/as proud as poles. Been to polish shops never seen german ones in this city

- - - Updated - - -

Come rep your shit @DAiDEViL open pretzel and dildo shop

- - - Updated - - -

2 in 1

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Arsen Wenger is right. This businessmen with no history of football are killing the beautiful game. Look at Chelsea and Man city. They buying anyone they want for no reason. They bought Conte, now Sandro. They robbing us to be honest. I am angry but Juve is a selling team we have to admit that. they are rich but still selling. Where are the players (who played football not for the money) when you need them.

Buying anyone they want for no reason? I'm pretty sure they're doing it to win trophies.

Mar 3, 2014
In Canada, there are multiple reasons why Serie A gets 0 traction:
1) English language
2) Faster nature of English football
3) Marketing Success - basically everyone here thinks the EPL is the best.
4) Television Coverage
5) Many Italians will watch on RAI/ in Italian

Some are natural disadvantages but 4 isn't. 1 is Serie A shooting itself in the foot. Basically, this is the TV coverage of the leagues (including the domestic leagues):
1) EPL - Multiple networks owned by the 2 largest integrated telecom companies in Canada. TSN owned by Bell has 5 sports networks and Sportsnet owned by Rogers also owns 5 networks. Basically any EPL game is viewable on a given week on TV on basic TV package.
2) Bundesliga - Multiple Networks owned by the 2nd largest integrated telecom in Canada, Rogers. This results in the majority of games being viewable on basic TV package.
3) MLS - TSN - all major games are typically viewable viewable.
4) La Liga - BeIN Sports, owned by Al Jazeera, which has 2 PREMIUM (ie: pay only, and need to order them specifically) networks on TV, BeIN and BeIN ESPANOL (Why there is a Spanish language station in Canada, I do not know...I understand in the US, but in Canada, it makes very little sense, and it is just a lack of focus on Canada by BeIN. Basically, on a given week you can watch both the Barcelona and Real Madrid games unless Africa Cup of Nations is on. Generally, with respect to League games, nothing will be prioritized over Barcelona & Real Madrid. Also, the game will be shown on both the spanish and english networks.
5) Ligue 1 - BeIN sports, also carried on the same two networks. Will be prioritized depending on the teams playing.
6) Serie A - BeIN sports, also carried on the same two networks, one in Spanish. Generally Juventus is prioritized after Barcelona & Real.
7) Championship - Yep, BeIN - two networks, one in Spanish.

As you can imagine, the result is that:
1) Barcelona/ Real Madrid is always prioritized, and played on both networks
2) If these two are not playing: Juventus usually plays next. I have seen Napoli-Juventus get prioritized behind the likes of Barcelona-Granada.
3) Other Serie A games, La Liga games, Ligue 1 and even freakin' Championship games are prioritized, likely according to show ****head who knows nothing about the Canadian market. Good luck watching Roma, Fiorentina, Lazio, Inter, Milan on a given weekend if you can't even watch Juventus on many weekends.

That is down to Serie A being stupid in TV rights negotiations. It's great to take the biggest payout, but not when you get no distribution. The Bundesliga is getting an insane amount of distribution on BASIC TELEVISION over multiple cable networks and if ratings are good, it will give them much more negotiating leverage in the future. Serie A on the other hand, is usually not even shown on the main networks on the basic package, instead being shown sparingly on a network that is only purchased for like $15 per month by a small % of the population.

Who knows if Serie A would be popular in Canada if things were different, but with this horse**** strategy, the league isn't even giving itself a chance.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
we gotta get that $#@! rolling on our end for sure like ASAP
We are in a weird spot because Exor uses Our kits to promote their brands. I'm not even sure how much we get from that Jeep sponsorship, but I'm certain we'd get more from an external sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012

This is partially nonsense, with the money invested clubs with little significance have managed to get to the top and make the game somewhat more competitive and unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)