Alex Sandro (50 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
He sure is a beast but in the second half I saw him make two fatal defensive mistakes, one of them lead to the Napoli goal.
Passive slow midfield is taking the toll on him for all the running and it shows around the end of matches. Napolis goal was on Licht though and I like the dude for the past five years but this season his situation is messed up to the point I don't trust his performances.

Is there a better left back at the moment?
Haven't watched any Atleti game , in fact outside Juve matches but according to FIFA Felipe Luis.
Biased or not, I prefer Alex Sandro's game. I mean A Brazilian footballer who's also a true athlete on Nedveds level. What a combo

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You think? I think it was a great pass and a great run. If I were to blame someone it's Licht.
Lichtsteiner was at fault for the offside trap but once the ball was through, Alex Sandro shoul have followed better. Both at fault. He then made a similar mistsake after we took the lead.

Mar 9, 2006
Lichtsteiner was at fault for the offside trap but once the ball was through, Alex Sandro shoul have followed better. Both at fault. He then made a similar mistsake after we took the lead.
what the actual fuck?! He had no chance to catch Callejon because he was doing the offside trap, he had no chance to catch Callejon's run in that moment, even Buffon had couple of second to leave the net and kick the ball away but he was waiting for offside decision and thought that it was an offside
Look at our defensive line, it's a terrible childish mistake, and 15 seconds ago napoli had a throw in from the right side of the field lol

Attachments

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Juventino[RUS];5410017 said:
what the actual $#@!?! He had no chance to catch Callejon because he was doing the offside trap, he had no chance to catch Callejon's run in that moment, even Buffon had couple of second to leave the net and kick the ball away but he was waiting for offside decision and thought that it was an offside
Look at our defensive line, it's a terrible childish mistake, and 15 seconds ago napoli had a throw in from the right side of the field lol
This goal was actually on Allegri's poor decision making.

Licht is the one who has the wrong positioning here. It's understandable, because Allegri made him play as a RCB after the sub - something he's not.

And Allegri made him as a RCB because he needed Cuadrado on the rwb, and also needed to sub Chiello. So instead of burning 2 subs, he did it with only one sub - pulling Licht to RCB and subbing Chiellini for Cuadrado straight up.

In the end of the day, Cuadrado clearly should have started, specially when you need crossing and wing play for 2 CFs upfront. That much is obvious. Allegri fucked it up, that's on him imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I simply disagree. It was a great piece of action from Napoli. The only way (as I see it) was to pull the offside.
I agree with you. As smart as Allegri is, he is indirectly defending his own poor decision of starting Licht, when Cuadrado was clearly the choice at rwb.

If he made that right choice, not only the offense would work better from the beginning, as reliant a CF pair is on crossing, but also Chiellini would have been subbed by Benatia. Licht made the mistake because RCB is not his position.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I hate when people analyze the game too much. Yes, they should do better (in hindsight) and the team should improve and try to avoid such situations. But you can't avoid great plays and simple mistakes - which will affect every single piece of defending - and maybe lead to a goal.

- - - Updated - - -

This goal was actually on Allegri's poor decision making.

Licht is the one who has the wrong positioning here. It's understandable, because Allegri made him play as a RCB after the sub - something he's not.

And Allegri made him as a RCB because he needed Cuadrado on the rwb, and also needed to sub Chiello. So instead of burning 2 subs, he did it with only one sub - pulling Licht to RCB and subbing Chiellini for Cuadrado straight up.

In the end of the day, Cuadrado clearly should have started, specially when you need crossing and wing play for 2 CFs upfront. That much is obvious. Allegri fucked it up, that's on him imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you. As smart as Allegri is, he is indirectly defending his own poor decision of starting Licht, when Cuadrado was clearly the choice at rwb.

If he made that right choice, not only the offense would work better from the beginning, as reliant a CF pair is on crossing, but also Chiellini would have been subbed by Benatia. Licht made the mistake because RCB is not his position.
Agree. But we won, so fuck it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Allegri's postgame quote: "the goal was 30-Licht and 70-Alex Sandro"

If Sandro didn't follow Callejon, it was because the guy was gassed from running for him and Pjanic on the left side.
what the actual fuck?! He had no chance to catch Callejon because he was doing the offside trap, he had no chance to catch Callejon's run in that moment, even Buffon had couple of second to leave the net and kick the ball away but he was waiting for offside decision and thought that it was an offside

Mar 9, 2006
Dad's jokes :touched:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Wow. It actually makes it look worse for Sandro :lol:
It's still an offside (if Sandro was last man), but it's only the upper body. It really is a greatly timed pass and run.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sören has to mention it a lot and still some don't seem to get it, but it's really NOT a goal to over think, great pass to perfectly timed run. It happens. Less likely to happen if Chiellini was there instead of Licht, but fairly acceptable goal to concead.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I say it because somehow goals only comes from mistakes of the opposite side. If it was Pirlo passing to Morata, everyone here would jizz. They couldn't have timed it any better.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. And I love such plays. Khedira did one too in the first half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)