Alex Sandro (199 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He's the perfect example of getting what you paid for.

Some complained we paid almost 30 million. Well, you want a top player, you either have great scouts that can find you cheap ones or you pay what is asked. Hadn't we paid the price that was asked he would probably be at Manchester City now.

We would be missing out on a great player.

- - - Updated - - -

So in this case I'm glad our board didn't go penny pinching on this one. Actually Dybala is another example.
Agreed on both counts. It's awesome when you can be a cheap ass and have a Pogba fall in your lap. But who are we kidding to plan on that happening when you need a real player in a starting role.

I would much rather see a strategy of splashing out for a little quality now and then over collecting 10 bench players for the same price.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I think we underpaid
Given his quality, yes. But at the time the price tag was about right imo. Somewhere between 20 and 30m. Remember, Danilo was the sought after one, also having played for the NT.

Alex Sandro was a bit unknown apart from some great performances at the CL. We acted at the right moment and paid what was asked, no penny pinching, no joking around. Sometimes that's how you have to do business.

Agreed on both counts. It's awesome when you can be a cheap ass and have a Pogba fall in your lap. But who are we kidding to plan on that happening when you need a real player in a starting role.

I would much rather see a strategy of splashing out for a little quality now and then over collecting 10 bench players for the same price.
:agree: Those Pogba deals are extremely hard to come by. Pirlo was "done" or so people thought, Tevez was a reject and troublemaker that nobody wanted, etc... That's why we got it done cheap. We want quality, we pay for quality. 40m will get you a Dybala who has every chance of being the next big thing in a couple of years.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Given his quality, yes. But at the time the price tag was about right imo. Somewhere between 20 and 30m. Remember, Danilo was the sought after one, also having played for the NT.

Alex Sandro was a bit unknown apart from some great performances at the CL. We acted at the right moment and paid what was asked, no penny pinching, no joking around. Sometimes that's how you have to do business.

:agree: Those Pogba deals are extremely hard to come by. Pirlo was "done" or so people thought, Tevez was a reject and troublemaker that nobody wanted, etc... That's why we got it done cheap. We want quality, we pay for quality. 40m will get you a Dybala who has every chance of being the next big thing in a couple of years.
Told you Sandro was the best pick :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dybala and Alex Sandro were top class signings that big teams make. We paid the asking prices and closed the deals quickly.

Mandzukic was a very solid signing for a reasonable price.

Lemina, hard to judge so far.

Khedira was a chance taken on a bosman that could be shitty given high wages.

Zaza we overpaid for, but was a solid signing for a 4th choice striker.

Hernanes was a disaster of a signing.

The mercato could have been great if we didn't sell Vidal and didn't buy Hernanes. Or if we sold Vidal and bought a top class CAM instead of Hernanes. Instead it was an incomplete kind of mercato, with two brilliant signings. Hopefully we build upon it next summer.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Dybala and Alex Sandro were top class signings that big teams make. We paid the asking prices and closed the deals quickly.

The mercato could have been great if we didn't sell Vidal and didn't buy Hernanes. Or if we sold Vidal and bought a top class CAM instead of Hernanes. Instead it was an incomplete kind of mercato, with two brilliant signings. Hopefully we build upon it next summer.
I can't wait for next Summer. I just can't.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Yes.

Imo we shouldn't have gone for another CF, which is Zaza. We don't have a vice Dybala (who wasn't even a SS) and a vice Marchisio (well, kind of). A decent passer and distributor like Banega, an agressive Vidal-like CM like Naiggolan and a SS/a good AM not Hernanes and we'd have had a great mercato. We prioritized on the wrong areas/went for opportunities.

We're extremely lucky Dybala is adapting to Tevez' role well enough. Otherwise we had no one else to play there and would be forced to go with wingers only having Cuadrado and an out of position Morata. I really really hope we don't make the same mistakes next mercato/season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes.

Imo we shouldn't have gone for another CF, which is Zaza. We don't have a vice Dybala (who wasn't even a SS) and a vice Marchisio (well, kind of). A decent passer and distributor like Banega, an agressive Vidal-like CM like Naiggolan and a SS/a good AM not Hernanes and we'd have had a great mercato. We prioritized on the wrong areas/went for opportunities.

We're extremely lucky Dybala is adapting to Tevez' role well enough. Otherwise we had no one else to play there and would be forced to go with wingers only having Cuadrado and an out of position Morata. I really really hope we don't make the same mistakes next mercato/season.
:agree:

Zaza wasn't really necessary when we really should have been going for an SS to rotate with Dybala. I still wonder if we had a required buyback from Sassuolo in place, as they did pay quite a bit for his half last year.

I don't think we were ever going to see top signings in all those positions as we paid a combined 85 mil or so for Dybala, Alex Sandro, Mandzukic. But combining the Hernanes-Zaza funds to get a decent SS for rotation with Dybala, or a CAM would have been nice.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
:agree:

Zaza wasn't really necessary when we really should have been going for an SS to rotate with Dybala. I still wonder if we had a required buyback from Sassuolo in place, as they did pay quite a bit for his half last year.

I don't think we were ever going to see top signings in all those positions as we paid a combined 85 mil or so for Dybala, Alex Sandro, Mandzukic. But combining the Hernanes-Zaza funds to get a decent SS for rotation with Dybala, or a CAM would have been nice.
While Hernanes as a signing was a desaster because it was, well, Hernanes, getting another CM wasn't the worst of ideas as our injury situation has shown.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yes.

you mean, Allegri is doing what we expect of him.

Yeah, he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Hernanes isnt a disaster signing

Hernanes is like "look what fucking shit we got in our teamroster, and we are still better then you"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 178)