Alex Sandro (23 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Fullbacks are way too rare to find. Selling him would be nothing but a disaster and we should seriously stop selling our key players.

60mln wouldn't even be enough to buy Sergej, let alone buy two players.
The pros outweigh the cons for me. We are so weak at central midfield, that I'd sell Sandro to generate the required means to invest in the midfield. We'd be weaker at left back, but the team as a whole would be stronger.

We desperately need a leader on midfield.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The pros outweigh the cons for me. We are so weak at central midfield, that I'd sell Sandro to generate the required means to invest in the midfield. We'd be weaker at left back, but the team as a whole would be stronger.

We desperately need a leader on midfield.
Then we'll struggle in defense and have 2 shitty fullbacks who are not able to press, cross and lead the line forward.

I'm not saying our mid is great, far from it, but imo we need a RB just as much. Selling Sandro who's one of the best LBs in the game is a horrible decision.

I refuse to believe a logic that says how you need 100mln to buy a quality mid. We managed to buy Vidal and Pogba for peanuts. We should keep Sandro and buy smart instead of buying like Real and PSG cause we're not in a position to do so.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So after a gazillon wins our attackers fail to crack a admittedly shitty enemy and your reaction is to sell our best defending asset in the hardest to replace position? Let's make for a second the retarded assumption that AS is to blame for our negative result against SPAL that triggered you so much, then why won't you hypocritical slimes hold yourself to the same standards you want our players to adhere to? You have no right to shit on former players like Pogba or Alves for their lack of respect and loyalty if you shit up proven WC players going through bad form. No patience, no faith in players, nervous knee-jerking and hunt for the next player you will bash and sell as soon as the first opportunity rises.

Disgraceful shits get the fuck out of my sight :inter: 6x Ignore list
:agree:

Despite his bad form, he's still a world class player and it would still be a huge loss if we sell him. But sadly, the decision has already been made.

Just remember that people are going to shit on Dybala the same way once we sell him.

Locker room 'cancer', abysmal etc

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Then we'll struggle in defense and have 2 shitty fullbacks who are not able to press, cross and lead the line forward.

I'm not saying our mid is great, far from it, but imo we need a RB just as much. Selling Sandro who's one of the best LBs in the game is a horrible decision.

I refuse to believe a logic that says how you need 100mln to buy a quality mid. We managed to buy Vidal and Pogba for peanuts. We should keep Sandro and buy smart instead of buying like Real and PSG cause we're not in a position to do so.

This is why we really need to sign freebies like Emre Can when they appear even if he isn't quite the world class star everyone wants. He is still leaps and bounds better than any CM we have besides Pjanic and Matuidi. I really hope we get him.

Selling Sandro to upgrade the mid would be very foolish, and just following the pattern that has left us with great attacking players and depth and a really weak midfield with no depth. Going from Alves and Sandro to DeSciglio and Spinnazola/Darmian would be a disaster.

The only way you sell Sandro is if this poor form this year is a result of a lack of professionalism because we refused to sell him last summer and he wanted out then. But given our policy I doubt that. He's just having a rough year, and it's on Allegri to get him going post-international break. Management needs to get him his new contract too which would probably help.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

This is why we really need to sign freebies like Emre Can when they appear even if he isn't quite the world class star everyone wants. He is still leaps and bounds better than any CM we have besides Pjanic and Matuidi. I really hope we get him
I don't think we'll sign a world class midfielder unless we raise the needed capital. I don't think Elkann will spend out of "his own pocket".

Best of both worlds would be to keep Sandro and still sign a world class CM, but if I have to choose between keeping Sandro and signing a world class midfielder, I choose the latter.

But it wouldn't be an easy choice and we are talking "a very big sum" for Sandro. Anything less than 60 mill would be a no.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So after a gazillon wins our attackers fail to crack a admittedly $#@!ty enemy and your reaction is to sell our best defending asset in the hardest to replace position? Let's make for a second the retarded assumption that AS is to blame for our negative result against SPAL that triggered you so much, then why won't you hypocritical slimes hold yourself to the same standards you want our players to adhere to? You have no right to $#@! on former players like Pogba or Alves for their lack of respect and loyalty if you $#@! up proven WC players going through bad form. No patience, no faith in players, nervous knee-jerking and hunt for the next player you will bash and sell as soon as the first opportunity rises.

Disgraceful $#@!s get the $#@! out of my sight :inter: 6x Ignore list
:andyandbarcelona:

Could you please do this every now and then???

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Fullbacks are way too rare to find. Selling him would be nothing but a disaster and we should seriously stop selling our key players.

60mln wouldn't even be enough to buy Sergej, let alone buy two players.
Not sure you can call Sandro a key player this year. Either Xperd is right and he wants out or this has to be one of the biggest performance U-turns in our recent history.

Even Higuain and Dybala have turned it around after their mid season slump. AS sorta had a short run of games but that’s it. I think there is something we aren’t seeing. There are moments he strolls around the pitch giving the impression he doesn’t care.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
At this point replacing him with Spinazzola and using the money somewhere else is not a terrible idea.

But we have to know why his form has dipped. To me he looks out of shape. Loss of acceleration that let him go past defenders. Looks really slow as a midfielder as well to press and recover.

Does he just not care as much?

What if you swap him with Martial and bring back Spinazzola for free? Boy that would be tough to reject.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
At this point replacing him with Spinazzola and using the money somewhere else is not a terrible idea.

But we have to know why his form has dipped. To me he looks out of shape. Loss of acceleration that let him go past defenders. Looks really slow as a midfielder as well to press and recover.

What if you swap him with Martial and bring back Spinazzola for free? Boy that would be tough to reject.
He prolly doesn't give a fuck anymore
Lolzillian gang!! Next year will be Costa's turn.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

We signed him for 26m. Who is to say we can't sign another top class LB if he does want to leave? 60-70m can get us another good LB if Beppe sells. Spinnz can play 2nd fiddle to whoever we have playing on either side. I don't know what this guys deal is this season. Nothing changed this season tactically for our LBs that wasn't asked to do last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Sandro and Mandzukic
Wake up!
Looking inside the crisis of two fundamental figures for Juve: the Brazilian has been struggling since the start of the season, the Croatian for a few weeks, we see why

lol its like they read the forum.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So after a gazillon wins our attackers fail to crack a admittedly $#@!ty enemy and your reaction is to sell our best defending asset in the hardest to replace position? Let's make for a second the retarded assumption that AS is to blame for our negative result against SPAL that triggered you so much, then why won't you hypocritical slimes hold yourself to the same standards you want our players to adhere to? You have no right to $#@! on former players like Pogba or Alves for their lack of respect and loyalty if you $#@! up proven WC players going through bad form. No patience, no faith in players, nervous knee-jerking and hunt for the next player you will bash and sell as soon as the first opportunity rises.

Disgraceful $#@!s get the $#@! out of my sight :inter: 6x Ignore list
Come on whiteknight, he has been terrible for most of the season... not just against spal. And like a lot have said.. we are desperate to improve the midfield. I prefer m,uch to sell him rather than dybala or higuain

- - - Updated - - -

the reason im opting for a sale is not because i think he is cack from now on and cannot recover... but bolded part. I think that something happened on summer and it seems he wanted to leave.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not sure you can call Sandro a key player this year. Either Xperd is right and he wants out or this has to be one of the biggest performance U-turns in our recent history.
Of course you can't.

People really seem to be blinded by how good he could potentially be, rather than judge his actual performances.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I also think there is a fair chance he'll miss out on Brazil's WC squad with his recent performances. ATM, Marcelo and Felipe Luis are ahead of him in the pecking order. Missing out on the WC would bring his market value down.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I also think there is a fair chance he'll miss out on Brazil's WC squad with his recent performances. ATM, Marcelo and Felipe Luis are ahead of him in the pecking order. Missing out on the WC would bring his market value down.
Only an injury to one of the two will get Sandro to Russia 2018 - Felipe Luis is injured currently and might be out of the world cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)