Alex Sandro (21 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
No LB in the world is worth 80 mill euros. If they are really offering that (they probably aren't) then sell.

In only 1 of his 3 seasons with us has Alex been a key player. 80 mill changes completely changes the dynamic of our midfield.
LB's are so hard to find. We've spent years watching the likes of Grosso, DeCeglie, Molinaro or Traore and i don't miss those times at all.

We've found ourselfs a WC LB, now keep him FFS and don't re-open yet another construction site. But i get it, weaken one area to improve another area (...which we've weakend before to improve another area, rinse and repeat) - it's what we do at Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
LB's are so hard to find. We've spent years watching the likes of Grosso, DeCeglie, Molinaro or Traore and i don't miss those times at all.

We've found ourselfs a WC LB, now keep him FFS and don't re-open yet another construction site. But i get it, weaken one area to improve another area (...which we've weakend before to improve another area, rinse and repeat) - it's what we do at Juventus.
Yes LB are hard to find and De Ceglie and co. were terrible.

The thing is, honestly, this season has Alex been much better than Asamoah? I don't think so. He is capable of great games but overall he hasn't been better than Asamoah at all at LB. Some of his best games imo have even come when plays more forward. The level of performances we've seen this season are not worth a big fuss.

In his first season he was rotated with a semi-done Evra.

It was only last season that Alex was truly great. I and probably all of us hoped that that would be the norm. So far its not the case.

80 millions for a player with his performances is absurd. That is Higuain money. That kind of money gets you Milinkovic-Savic, that's the money De Bruyne and peak Di Maria went for. Roughly 80 millions got us Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi, or Pjanic and Dybala, or Higuain.

I wish Alex Sandro would actually be so good that he is worth 80m, I just don't see it so far.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

The thing is, honestly, this season has Alex been much better than Asamoah? I don't think so. He is capable of great games but overall he hasn't been better than Asamoah at all at LB. Some of his best games imo have even come when plays more forward. The level of performances we've seen this season are not worth a big fuss.

It was only last season that Alex was truly great. I and probably all of us hoped that that would be the norm. So far its not the case.

80 millions for a player with his performances is absurd. That is Higuain money. That kind of money gets you Milinkovic-Savic, that's the money De Bruyne and peak Di Maria went for. Roughly 80 millions got us Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi, or Pjanic and Dybala, or Higuain.

I wish Alex Sandro would actually be so good that he is worth 80m, I just don't see it so far.
this season hasn't ended, it has barely started. what matters most is the 3 months ahead of us, if A.Sandro keeps up the good work he's been doing lately, I don't care about the depressing start of the season he had, he's still super important for us. if he relapses and again demonstrates the same detachment at the deciding matches of the season, maybe we should sell him for 80m.

and Asa has been very good as well, it's such a shame that we healed him and nursed him back from the dead for several years only to see him leave once he's finally back to being a beast :(

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
this season hasn't ended, it has barely started. what matters most is the 3 months ahead of us, if A.Sandro keeps up the good work he's been doing lately, I don't care about the depressing start of the season he had, he's still super important for us. if he relapses and again demonstrates the same detachment at the deciding matches of the season, maybe we should sell him for 80m.

and Asa has been very good as well, it's such a shame that we healed him and nursed him back from the dead for several years only to see him leave once he's finally back to being a beast :(
3/4th of the season are gone, or more. During all of it he hasn't been a top player.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
3/4th of the season are gone, or more. During all of it he hasn't been a top player.
how would you rate Dani Alves last year? he didn't turn up for 3/4 of the season and then was probably our most important player in the CL run.

same applies for Sandro, he's had some mixed performances this season, but if he enters top form at the finish no one will care, for us he'll be worth 80m and more

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Marcelo would go for significantly more than that, if he were to be sold. This market is not what it was a year ago. Neymar sale changed everything. Van Dijk went for 85m, Walker went for 60m etc. Maybe in a few years time the absurdity will end, but I doubt it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
how would you rate Dani Alves last year? he didn't turn up for 3/4 of the season and then was probably our most important player in the CL run.

same applies for Sandro, he's had some mixed performances this season, but if he enters top form at the finish no one will care, for us he'll be worth 80m and more
Like crap. He failed for 90% of the season. Licht was half dead and still a more reliable player than he was for most of 16/17. His better performances for the most part came when he was a wingback or winger as well. Only against Barca was truly good as a fullback.

This most important to the season is tricky talk. If we don't win in october we don't win the scudetto. If we don't win in February we don't win the coppa, if we don't win in March we don't win the CL. The games against Sporting, Olympiakos and Barca are what allow us to have this next part of the season against Spurs. The games against Spurs (and the players who showed up) are the ones that allow us to have CL in April. If in Decemeber we lose against Napoli, Inter and Roma then we never even enter the scudetto race, that's what matters. The most important part of the season is every game when margins are so thin.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. Sadly we don't have Marcelo.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Don't try to be smart with me. You said no LB would go for 80 mil. Marcelo would. Doesn't matter if we have him or not.
What? read the posts more carefully when you try to go at people.

I said "no LB is worth", not "no LB would go". There is a difference, learn it. Alex Sandro perhaps "would go" for 80m. Marcelo too. Is he worth that? that's not so clear. Hence the maybe. I would like to have Marcelo, that's why its sad we don't have him.

Understand now?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Like crap. He failed for 90% of the season. Licht was half dead and still a more reliable player than he was for most of 16/17. His better performances for the most part came when he was a wingback or winger as well. Only against Barca was truly good as a fullback.

This most important to the season is tricky talk. If we don't win in october we don't win the scudetto. If we don't win in February we don't win the coppa, if we don't win in March we don't win the CL. The games against Sporting, Olympiakos and Barca are what allow us to have this next part of the season against Spurs. The games against Spurs (and the players who showed up) are the ones that allow us to have CL in April. If in Decemeber we lose against Napoli, Inter and Roma then we never even enter the scudetto race, that's what matters. The most important part of the season is every game when margins are so thin.
while I agree that the season as a whole is very important, the bolded is not true. I'd rather have Higuain banging in goals from February to May and be silent from August to December not the other way around. if they were equally important, I wouldn't care, right?

and I guess we disagree on D.Alves, I thought he played great the last few months with us. apart from that game I don't like to speak about

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

:tup: :agree:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
while I agree that the season as a whole is very important, the bolded is not true. I'd rather have Higuain banging in goals from February to May and be silent from August to December not the other way around. if they were equally important, I wouldn't care, right?
You wouldn't that's fine, I understand the reason too as it gets more and more exciting towards the end of the races. I would though. I want to see Juve compete for titles and titles are won every week. If the players don't show up against Sporting, Atalanta or Napoli we lose all titles right away. If Higuain, or Dybala, or Chiellini, etc, don't show up until february we don't even have an "April" to care about. We'd be out of everything.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You wouldn't that's fine, I understand the reason too as it gets more and more exciting towards the end of the races. I would though. I want to see Juve compete for titles and titles are won every week. If the players don't show up against Sporting, Atalanta or Napoli we lose all titles right away. If Higuain, or Dybala, or Chiellini, etc, don't show up until february we don't even have an "April" to care about. We'd be out of everything.
Again, I agree with the whole season being important, precisely for the points listed. But dont you think the finish of the season is more important? :D Thats the part you either win trophies or lose them, thats the part Juve is all about, thats where we have the very tough games lined up where we need to be at our absolute best

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
icemaη;5696813 said:
Marcelo would go for significantly more than that, if he were to be sold. This market is not what it was a year ago. Neymar sale changed everything. Van Dijk went for 85m, Walker went for 60m etc. Maybe in a few years time the absurdity will end, but I doubt it.
Samaki Walker. Legend. GOAT.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So Asa is at AS level :sergio:

Please can we talk facts and no nonsense... this horrible AS season how many goals he's scored? and assisstance?

Asa-back-pass and AS have so much in comun like Stu with Cheesio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)