Alessio Secco (7 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Because he didn't play him much even when he was fit (used marchisio must of these games).

Even before zanetti's statement about secco i've mentioned that the simple reason zanetti was sold is not because he wanted fiorentina that bad rather because Secco couldn't sell Poulsen in the first place.

Keeping both poulsen and almiron back and not using them in the preseason games while playing zanetti in those games clearlly means that they wanted to sell poulsen and keep zanetti.
But Poulsen started the games at first then he got injured, Marchisio stepped up and impressed. It would have been totally unfair to bench him again.

Then after the injury, Poulsen was tried from time to time and he was off form.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
But Poulsen started the games at first then he got injured, Marchisio stepped up and impressed. It would have been totally unfair to bench him again.

Then after the injury, Poulsen was tried from time to time and he was off form.
So why sign a player and spend almost 10 mil on him when we had a better and younger version allready in the team ?

Buying Poulsen was clearlly a mistake in the first place, it was a panic buy by Secco the same way he panics almost every season whenever things don't go the way he wants.

Look jack i'm a broker (i know am getting off-topic here) but my job is to negotiate deals with my clients and analyse companies plans. Am not an expert but i know a bad negotiator when i see one and i'd followed Secco's work for the past 3 seasons and am convinced without a doubt in my mind that he's doing a pretty poor job in this club.

People may agree or disagree with me they're free to do so but thats my honest opinion on the guy....

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So why sign a player and spend almost 10 mil on him when we had a better and younger version allready in the team ?

Buying Poulsen was clearlly a mistake in the first place, it was a panic buy by Secco the same way he panics almost every season whenever things don't go the way he wants.

Look jack i'm a broker (i know am getting off-topic here) but my job is to negotiate deals with my clients and analyse companies plans. Am not an expert but i know a bad negotiator when i see one and i'd followed Secco's work for the past 3 seasons and am convinced without a doubt in my mind that he's doing a pretty poor job in this club.

People may agree or disagree with me they're free to do so but thats my honest opinion on the guy....
You dont have in depth information regarding the intricate details regarding Secco's transfer deals.How you can come to that conclusion is baffling because he's made bad purchases & equally excellent acquisitions.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Jack mate god knows i respect you however i have been under this impression lately that you do not want anyone to complain\moan\cry lately because you think it's useless. I agree with you 100% about that, it's indeed useless, however what is not?

The forum is a place to vent, nothing more, nothing less. Will it matter with Secco or anyone else in Juventus for that matter if we insult them or praise them? I mean unless of courseSecco is a member here that would be another issue.

Another point you made and i agree with you about it as well is that no one here is on the inside, meaning no one knows someone at Juventus to get reliable inside news about any issue we discuss here. And exactly for that reason everyone of us is free to believe what he wants, i believe Alessio Secco is an idiot and that he knows nothing about Football, i believe he's an excellent business man though, that applies to 90% of this Juventus administration.

They are tackling everything related to the club with the concept of ''business is business'' which might appeal to some people but don't expect everyone to like it. Letting Zanetti go was the right call from an economical point of view maybe, however from your average romantic passionate football fan point of view Secco is just another business vampire killing the soul of the game.

I believe the same was done to Nedved, it might be just a rumor, as i said none of us have proof of anything, we just believe what we want. And i believe this corporate Juventus administration don't understand nor give a wooden nickle about what legends and loyal player means, players are just assets to them and Nedved was just a risky investment so they didn't take it.

From our passionate romantic unrealistic point of view they were a bunch of a-holes, but from a realistic business point of view, well it was a sound decision, if he was really shown the door by being offered a shitty contract like the rumors says.

Anyway at the end of the day as i said, we just believe what we want. If the most reliable source in the world came out tomorrow and said ''Del Piero wants to leave'' we won't believe it, even if it's true. But if the shittiest most unreliable news source said Secco did something wrong we will believe it, and just moan all day about it, it's just how it goes in the football world.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As I told Vlatko, you are free to whine and bash all you want, I won't join the ritual. But at the same time, I am allowed to question it. Or am I not?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Of course you are allowed to question it Jack in a same way as we are, and as I said in my opinion it was purely financial decision than anything else.

Doesn't mean that Secco lies, he just did not tell us everything, thats all.
In a year when we need quality players for challenging for 1st place, we should not look only at balancing books.

And this is nothing to do with Ranieri Jack, so stop with any of those comments pls.
We know that he was yes man, in a same was as Ciro will be in regards to new players, however last few signing by Secco were amassing

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005

Hindsight is always 20/20.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Of course you are allowed to question it Jack in a same way as we are, and as I said in my opinion it was purely financial decision than anything else.

Doesn't mean that Secco lies, he just did not tell us everything, thats all.
In a year when we need quality players for challenging for 1st place, we should not look only at balancing books.

And this is nothing to do with Ranieri Jack, so stop with any of those comments pls.
We know that he was yes man, in a same was as Ciro will be in regards to new players, however last few signing by Secco were amassing
:howler:

Look at what this guys is saying now :rofl2: Dude, get a life!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Every serie A coach is forced to accept the choices of his boss(es). Most of them simply accept it and go on with what they have at their disposal.
Only Mourinho makes a drama out of it (when the team won't buy the players he wants but buys different players), but in the end he's also forced to accept what Moratti buys and he's left with the choice to work with what he has or to leave.

I don't mean that the word of the coach counts for nothing. The coaches are free to tell the board which players do they want in the team (didn't we buy Sissoko because Ranieri wanted him?) , but not always do they get everything they want and many times they simply have to accept the players their boss wants in the team.

In the end, every serie A coach is a Yes man if he continues working in the team after the team refused to buy the players he wanted and bought completely different players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As of now the name calling war between whateverr and whoeverr will not be tolerated anymore. That was not a threat, just an announcement.

You may proceed

ON TOPIC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)