Alessio Secco (5 Viewers)

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Secco he's a bit inexperienced and he's sort of learning on the job. What can you say though, Melo, Diego, Canna and Caceres....its good, not great, id say great maybe if we get Grosso. Nevertheless, hes improved DRAMATICALLY, and i think he realises now this club needs big players. So for now, Forza Secco...!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Secco's acquisitions were great (apart from the fact we overpaid for Melo)
He was asked/authorized to buy those prestigious players, he was funded by our board and approved by our managers.
It wasnt his idea, but at least this time he did managed to accomplish our targets!!

It is certainly a step forward!! If we consider what he was done in the past with previous players!

But, it doesnt mean that Secco worked wonders, he barely did his job, he was supposed to do, by the time he took over!!
Overpaying for such players, is not that difficult when the money is there and the players sees the move as a step forward.
It wasnt Secco's negotiation skills, that did any difference. Any given sales would have done the same. Just because Secco used to be completely incompetent in the past it doesnt he mean he made a fantastic job now!
As far as i am concerned, he only did his duty this (i wouldnt mind him, if that was the case from the start)

Dont forget though, that overall, he has hurt our FC a great deal.
We have wasted way to much money to overpay for players no ones wants and we have offered them the salary never would have given them.
That clearly demonstrates a negotiating weakness.
We were forced to kneel and offer much more than we should and we are still paying this, even today.

For Secco, it is nearly impossible to make up for the damage he did to our club, by wasting all those millions on Almiron, Tiago, Andrade, Criscito's half, Poulsen etc etc Secco once again has proven that he is completely incompetent at retrieving back a decent amount of money!
And he is famous for gifting away players and salaries!
(2.5 for Marchionni and Mellberg is cheap, they were not in CZ's age)
We were owned in the Criscito deal, we might lose Almiron and Zalayeta for nothing if we keep loaning them out forever. And for all those money we cant recover, there is only one responsible!

SECCO! He was given the funds, prestige and support to get them and then the order/authority to sell them for at least 50-60 of the price he has thrown away and he has FAILED yet again!!

There are no excuses for that!

Personally, i didnt expect him to make up and repair the damage he has done to our club.
To do so, he must pull a Canna-Carini type of deal and make a profit out of nothing. This is how managers help a club, not by spending 25mil for Melos...
Or signing free half finished (Canna) defenders and gamble with them...

Therefore, personally, i m pleased with Secco's work this year, he did as he was ordered and that was the best i could realistically wish for!!

I dont see the reason to praise him though!! The man is still a living burden to our cause. We were supposed to be a competitive team and make the maximum of our our privileged status! Our left overs ought to be premium quality for the lesser teams. After all, we were only second to "mighty" Inter.

It is normal that a player like Melo, see us as the next step to his carrier, we can offer him a better salary, we have a better history/prestige and we can offer him more chances to win silverware!
We should not be abused by Fiorentina, Udine and Genoa like that!!

And above all, we should not be abused by our very own players (Almiron, Tiago, Poulsen, Grygera etc) like that...
This is a chronic issue we have and affects us directly!

Secco did not used his own pocket money to buy us Diego, Canna, Melo and Caceres. He had a responsibility for the money he used!!
He also has the responsibility for the money that he didnt make, when we sell out, release or forced to keep and pay players!!

Was he optimal?? NO!!! Then what should we praise him for?
Its like praising a car mechanic for making a Ferrari run faster than the Audis, Mercedes, Fiats, rather than competing with the Lambo's, Mclaren's etc, as he was supposed to...

Secco's job is to buy and sell players at will. Being the representative of such a prestigious/powerful club should make his job really easy and allow him to conclude those deals in our favor!

Our funds are limited and for million Secco loses, the less chance we have to complete/upgrade/improve our team in the long run.

Without Secco's mistakes and selling off all those players, we could already field a competitive team (that includes fullbacks too) with the money we over-spent and lost. Consider this next time you yell Forza Secco, you know that root for mediocrity and half measures who can get us as far as we are now.

The ambition to go further away from where Secco and Molinaro might be there inside of you, bit you should stop fooling our selves, he have paid enough!!
Calciopoli is over and it is time to look forward...

No need to punish our selves with the likes of Secco, we are worthy of smth better!

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Sorry Cron,i dont agree.There are many other prestigious clubs that have overpaid for players that have not performed that have huge hype surrounded by them(Quaresma).I was sceptical about him but things are really looking postive as of late & to dismiss the work done is just plain wrong.

How do you know its not his negotiation skills that got Diego & Melo? You dont,none of us do but atleast we can give him the benefit of the doubt.Lets not dwell on the negatives all the time as we'll just lose out on enjoying the moment.The club is secure financially,we have a young coach that will give the youngsters a chance & most importantly we are signing players of quality.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
25 million for Diego and Melo are steals at what we paid for them. Manchester City are on the brink of Signing Lescott for 24 million, they signed Tevez and Adebayor for 25 million. Are you telling me these 3 players are bargains. Also Manchester United paid 32.5 million for Berbatov?. Who has totally flopped.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Cronios, will you stop being a knee jerk on the Melo thing? it had nothing to do with negotiations, Fiorentina signed a contract with him that has a release clause. Juventus paid the clause and got him. There was absolutely no room for negotiations. So drop it already.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sorry Cron,i dont agree.There are many other prestigious clubs that have overpaid for players that have not performed that have huge hype surrounded by them(Quaresma).I was sceptical about him but things are really looking postive as of late & to dismiss the work done is just plain wrong.
True, many other prestigious clubs have overpaid for some players they got,
but they were not manipulated as we did.
As for the performance, i dont blame Secco for that, his job ends when the season starts IMO
Things are indeed looking positive now!!
And if it was like that from the beginning, i would never make an issue about it!
How do you know its not his negotiation skills that got Diego & Melo? You dont,none of us do but atleast we can give him the benefit of the doubt.Lets not dwell on the negatives all the time as we'll just lose out on enjoying the moment.The club is secure financially,we have a young coach that will give the youngsters a chance & most importantly we are signing players of quality.
We can forget what we have seen and experienced in this and the previous transfer sagas. If it was Secco's first year, i would give him the benefit of doubt,
but he is trying to sell some certain players for 3 years and he is keep failing!
First gave him the benefit of doubt, then i gave him a second chance,
but now i know, i am certain of his weakness!!
(selling players for decent amounts)
25 million for Diego and Melo are steals at what we paid for them. Manchester City are on the brink of Signing Lescott for 24 million, they signed Tevez and Adebayor for 25 million. Are you telling me these 3 players are bargains. Also Manchester United paid 32.5 million for Berbatov?. Who has totally flopped.
25 mil for Diego is a very good price, considering his team, place, potential value and will to join us!
But 25mil Melo and gifting them Marchionni+CZ too, is not!!
And it is not the first time we do business with Fiorentina
and every time we give the squad players for peanuts and always overpay for our acquisitions!
And Adebayor for 25mil is a bargain!!!
Juventino[RUS];2116793 said:
pffffffff, can people on this forum stop talkin about how much Secco overpayed for Melo!?!??!
It becomes an issue because we are not Real and we could have used some of the very limited money we have for a couple of fullbacks!
It is only a part of the argumentation though and i agree it should not be used solely for criticism.
IMO, if we were not getting owned on the Criscito deal,
if we were making a better profit from Marchionni, Mellberg, Almiron, CZ, Zala, Palla etc
we could afford to pay as we did and still get a fullback.

Ferrara was asking for defenders from the very beginning,
our transfer/fund management and managerial priorities have failed (so far)
to get those.
IMO we had the available resources and the necessary time to find and acquire one permanent solution, Secco is apparently one of the main reasons we didnt!

Cronios, will you stop being a knee jerk on the Melo thing? it had nothing to do with negotiations, Fiorentina signed a contract with him that has a release clause. Juventus paid the clause and got him. There was absolutely no room for negotiations. So drop it already.
icεmαή;2116946 said:
Why do people complain for the sake of complaining?
I know about the clause, but you also know that clauses are not respected,
you know about our transfer history with that certain team
and you know that 2 more of our players ended up there.
If Melo was our only problem, i wouldnt care and i still dont consider it a reason to bash Secco. But he is not at any case worthy of praise for finalizing deals that,
as you have said had no room for negotiation.

To make this clear to all once again!
I am not bashing Secco this year, i am pleased with the acquisitions we made (bar the ignorance of our defensive issue, but thats not entirely Secco's fault)

I m very displeased (once again) with the way we handled the contracts/players we owned, respectively our sales/loans.

There is constant in our negotiation business, we buy expensive and we sell cheap, what this demonstrates and who is to blame???
The one some of you praise...

How can you praise a man who had cost us at least 50 mil,
how can you forget that??
Why wouldnt you have him replaced with someone who knows what he is doing?
He barely did his duty this year?? (decent buys, horrible sales)
You may believe in him yes, be pleased with his work this year, understandable, but praise him??? Come oooon....

This is not about being positive or negative.
This is about accepting the facts and the truth!

Secco has ruined us in the past
and because if him we have lost many millions, thats a fact!!!
Secco is unable to sale players for a decent amount, thats a fact!!!

Secco until now, was unable to bring prestigious player, despite having the necessary means to do that, that has changed!!! It is an improvement!!
Enough to make us smile at last, but not enough to erase everything else!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We have lost millions yet we are not in the red.

He prioritized new players over renewing contracts.

If you don't consider Diego prestigious then by all means I will never ever comment or discuss anything with you.

Go into deep depression by yourself. As of now you're on my ignore list, cry baby.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Secco has ruined us in the past
and because if him we have lost many millions, thats a fact!!!
Secco is unable to sale players for a decent amount, thats a fact!!!
How many top teams are able to sell players for a decent amount of cash to lower ranked teams.
I say lower ranked because the players that are allowed to leave (f.e. Poulsen, Tiago, Zanetti, Marchionni) aren't/weren't wanted by big clubs.
You can't compare a transfer like Ibra's to Barca or f.e. Ronaldo's transfer to Real with a transfer from Poulsen.
Not many teams that want Poulsen are able to pay more then 5-8 MEuro for him so I can't blame Secco for not getting huge sums for those players, Marchionni, Zanetti and the others that left or that are allowed to leave, aren't good enough for the big clubs, and the smaller clubs, don't pay that much for a player.

I agree we overpayed players like Tiago and Poulsen, but maybe Melo (time will tell) and surely Diego aren't overpayed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)