Alessio Secco (5 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
Melo's price was reasonable by all means... If he were linked to the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, United we would never get him for such figures and you bet if Secco was slow on this move one or two of those teams would step to sign him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What's rude about it? It's rude that he keeps on moaning about non existant stuff. That's rude to the whole community and he says that he's preaching :wallbang:
He might be wrong but it's all his opinion and it's an open discussion, avoid it if you don't like it. It's rude as it's being done by a moderator/manager/admin because he or some other member that you ignore might need some help and you'd miss it. You've been here for a while, you should be used to something like that as it never happened.

Cronios will always have some criticism. It's a fact.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He might be wrong but it's all his opinion and it's an open discussion, avoid it if you don't like it. It's rude as it's being done by a moderator/manager/admin because he or some other member that you ignore might need some help and you'd miss it. You've been here for a while, you should be used to something like that as it never happened.

Cronios will always have some criticism. It's a fact.
Criticism fails when you repeat the same idea over and over again, especially when the idea is WRONG. In that case that we over paid for Melo's transfer.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dusan is way to mature for his age.
I watch Power Rangers. :shifty:

Yea, Greg's true heir :D

Needs to get investigated on his passport though.
I feel flattered.

Criticism fails when you repeat the same idea over and over again, especially when the idea is WRONG. In that case that we over paid for Melo's transfer.
Maybe, at least he opens some discussion and it's not a reason to put him on ignore list.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm putting Cronios on the ignore list, man. Nothing personal Cron, you're awesome, it's just your posts make me wanna whack myself, I can't tolerate unjustified pessimism.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
I said good not great becuase we haven't yet strengthened the area where our biggest weakness was...FULL BACKS. What a rotten way to react to a simple opinion, im surprised at how unclassy these responses are. Nevertheless, i said good not great because we did not strengthen the full back position which for our formation is utterly, utterly fundamental to have quality there.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
If we get Grosso, then we can bring De Ceglie to Left-midfield! Grosso at 2m will be very reasonable price and it will be great signing! Very smart move by Secco!

The only negative point for Secoo this summer, IMO is keeping this continuously annoying and all time-injured Zebina! He can't even play 3 games in row!

I'm really wondering what are benefits of keeping him?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Eℓvin;2117478 said:
I'm putting Cronios on the ignore list, man. Nothing personal Cron, you're awesome, it's just your posts make me wanna whack myself, I can't tolerate unjustified pessimism.
WORD

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Melo < Diego.
Though, i like Melo and i do consider him worthy of that sum,
i also understand that he was hyped due to the rest games and Fiorentina would prefer to give him in a non direct competitor.
But at this certain moment, i believe we had alternative options and other priorities.
And once again i repeat, if Melo was or only issue, i wouldnt have a problem with Secco.
I dont know if you cant understand my perspective, or you dont want to,
i dint meant it how you took it, if you dont have the patience to understand, just drop this, that was not my only argument.
If you don't consider Diego prestigious then by all means I will never ever comment or discuss anything with you.
I do consider him prestigious, thats why i said Secco has been improved,
because so far he couldnt sign a Diego and now he did!:claire:

As of now you're on my ignore list, cry baby.
Yeeeeaayyy:mark:
I told you before, that this is the best course of action!!
I wont miss you, since i will be reading your posts and hopefully you will be cheerful as before!
There's no need to put him on ignore list, it's kinda rude. You can just ignore his posts.
Its not rude, i begged him for it!!
I promise that i will be respectful and trouble-free as before.
Besides there are a whole lot of mods to take care of me and the issues i generally dont provoke...

I believe that Jack will be relieved a great deal with minimal loss to the forums!
How many top teams are able to sell players for a decent amount of cash to lower ranked teams.
I say lower ranked because the players that are allowed to leave (f.e. Poulsen, Tiago, Zanetti, Marchionni) aren't/weren't wanted by big clubs.
You can't compare a transfer like Ibra's to Barca or f.e. Ronaldo's transfer to Real with a transfer from Poulsen.
Not many teams that want Poulsen are able to pay more then 5-8 MEuro for him so I can't blame Secco for not getting huge sums for those players, Marchionni, Zanetti and the others that left or that are allowed to leave, aren't good enough for the big clubs, and the smaller clubs, don't pay that much for a player.

I agree we overpayed players like Tiago and Poulsen, but maybe Melo (time will tell) and surely Diego aren't overpayed.
Good points, there is a certain financial crisis out there and this forbids the majority of teams generally and particularly our clients (mid-table Serie A teams)
Of investing large sums, thats why we should adapt to the situation!!!
Thats what i wanted to see from us.

Thats why i have been saying for years to sell Zebina (and other players) in the EPL
when we had the chance (for decent amounts) and get a permanent replacement.
Occasionally we had the chance to sell, but we didnt grabbed it.
And overpaying that much for some players,make it all more difficult to get rid of them later, as poorer teams cant afford them, or their salaries!

Thats why i have been saying that the mistakes we make today, we will pay tomorrow!! When we made those mistakes back then (Almiron+Tiago+Poulsen), the optimists claimed them to be useful squad players, that will not affect our future strengthening.
And now, when their salary and transfer fee becomes an issue and those mistakes made then cannot be re-done, they are just ignoring them and hope that they will go away like a bad dream!!
And since have paid for new players to replace them, it doesnt matter what it happens with them.
The fact is though, that our five year plan is affected by those 50 mil Secco has thrown away!! Because money we invested was spent to them and when we had to replace, we didnt spent the extra money on other places (defense)

I understand that Serie A team, like Fiorentina cant spend as much, but they can have the profit the top EPL and Spanish teams can give! However, there is only a handful of those teams and so many more options in the worlds market! If those teams buy one, one other alternative will become available. For ex if Real were to buy Melo, they wouldnt have bought Alonso and Pool couldnt have made the profit they made out of him.
Another option is to use those players, like Mellberg, Marchionni, Molinaro etc as bargain chips, like we did when we bought Amauri.
They are not finished and they could be starters in smaller teams (like Napoli, Udine, Palermo etc)
All three of them could make a 15mil player, worthy of 5-10mil, why were they gifted away to Fiorentina, since we paid the max fee anyway??

Just take a look at Fiorentina, they have similar needs to us, less income, lesser prestigious status, less influence, fan base and yet, they can make a fine profit from the transfer market and keep up by signing decent player despite their very limited salary cap!
They somehow find the way to keep the balance, without exceeding it!
And force us to keep them competitive with annual gifts...

The EPL they have money to spare and they dont care if they overpay for a player, we are not in the same position though and for us it is very important to be as optimal, as we can, in order to compete with them, as we cant spend more than they do!! This has always been the case with us and to return on top, we have to be nearly as competitive (managerial wise) as before!

The inability of our managers to sell players they want is another issue.
It seems that we are the only team facing such an issue and let it become so huge, that affect our transfer moves!! For ex, if we could sell Poulsen, or Almiron or Tiago, we could offer a new 3 year contract to CZ with a lower salary than they have and use the solid profit of their sale and salaries to attract another player.

Our inability to sell players affects us in many ways, during the years i ve indicated far too many to sum up now...!
cronios would you consider the YAGO deal the same as the cannavaro- carinin swap?
i think in the future this could be one of the greatest deals he made, greater then a melo or a diego, because we payed "big" bucks for those players.
It is great transfer no doubt, he is a promising young player and this transfer might be proved very very critical in the future!
But we cant praise or bash Secco, on assumptions, we will when the time comes judge that, considering the facts! For now, all we can say is that it is a commendable effort, to try and attract promising players for our future.

But time will tell if he grows to be what we hope and Giovinco or someone else we already have will never let him reach there!
What's rude about it? It's rude that he keeps on moaning about non existant stuff. That's rude to the whole community and he says that he's preaching :wallbang:
NON existent for you maybe, history have proved me right for far too many you chose to ingore and i protested about.
I am not "moaning" for the shake of it, as you may think.
I do criticize specific things and course of actions/choices for specific reasons.
Lately those reasons have become apparent and some of our fellow members can already guess where i am pleased and where i am not! And also understand now, the reasons i was bashing someone/smth.

You just dont have the patience to get involved with what you call "details".
Its ok.
You prefer to think about the positive things only, ignoring any shortcomings.
Thats ok, too, it is actually recommended, if you are able to do so.

But id not understand why you had to insist that everyone will adopt your ways.
Some of us cannot ignore the truth/facts just for the sake of optimism.

I m really sorry if i affect your mode, in real life, i would have avoided to mention the thing that makes you feel sad, but this is a public forum and i am not addressing everything solely to you.
There are things that i believe that has to be discussed, if i am not mistaken, thats the purpose of this forum.
Dusan is way to mature for his age.
:agree:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Its not rude, i begged him for it!!
I promise that i will be respectful and trouble-free as before.
Besides there are a whole lot of mods to take care of me and the issues i generally dont provoke...
Not just that but I don't think mods should generally put anyone on ignore list but ok then, I wanted to pull the best interest for everyone but oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)